Gilbert Frierson lack of playtime

BeachCanes

Sophomore
Saw that he only played 9 snaps this year. Is he in the dog house? We convinced him to come back so that he wouldn't play?

Advertisement
I’ve been asking for like 4 weeks now.. wtf is going on here?

Every staff says he’s by far the smartest person the team/field. NFL scouts says he’s exactly the player they are looking for in todays NFL.

The snap distribution on defense makes no sense.

Don’t get me started on how little LT56 plays..

Get your best 11 and have them play over 50% of the snaps.. not complected.

Advertisement
I’ve been asking for like 4 weeks now.. wtf is going on here?

Every staff says he’s by far the smartest person the team/field. NFL scouts says he’s exactly the player they are looking for in todays NFL.

The snap distribution on defense makes no sense.

Don’t get me started on how little LT56 plays..

Get your best 11 and have them play over 50% of the snaps.. not complected.
What’s funny is I was told by somebody I trust more than about anyone on this stuff ” to not expect a lot of GF this year“. The comment shocked me because 90 % of the info he gives is dead on. It was confusing because everything on the outside seemed like GF was setup to have a big part in the defense. I get he’s kinda positionless but I figured he’d get more pt. Even if it’s only on pass downs.

What’s funny is I was told by somebody I trust more than about anyone on this stuff ” to not expect a lot of GF this year“. The comment shocked me because 90 % of the info he gives is dead on. It was confusing because everything on the outside seemed like GF was setup to have a big part in the defense. I get he’s kinda positionless but I figured he’d get more pt. Even if it’s only on pass downs.
At this point I’d like to see them try and play him as an undersized LB, maybe helps us in coverage.

Any particular reason why? Or is it just that he's positionless and the defense requires every player to play their position and doesn't allow for utility?

Advertisement
Advertisement
One would think he’s the better option than couch in some scenarios at star at the very least or sub in for keontra? I get a player like avantae was giving suboptimal effort on the field but I didn’t notice that with GF. Very puzzling considering he has played well any nobody is showing out where he could play

Any particular reason why? Or is it just that he's positionless and the defense requires every player to play their position and doesn't allow for utility?
I believe the biggest reason is he has no position. He’s way too small for lb unless it’s on third and longs. He’s too slow and stiff to be playing Couch’s spot. There’s some other things that could have something to do with it but being positionless is the obvious choice.

Advertisement
Advertisement
Back