Gilbert Frierson lack of playtime

Advertisement
I believe the biggest reason is he has no position. He’s way too small for lb unless it’s on third and longs. He’s too slow and stiff to be playing Couch’s spot. There’s some other things that could have something to do with it but being positionless is the obvious choice.

This, he's not twitchy or fast enough to be a S and not big enough, and problably not twichty or fast enough to be a LB

Honestly that "highly rated" 2018 SoFla DB Class of Frierson, Blades, Ivey, and Gurvan are all guys who ended up being terribly slow

I expect our d to get 12 three and outs every game along with 5 turnovers and 1 or 2 first downs. Anything less than that is beyond unacceptable. Our offense needs to put up 550 plus yards and at least 40 a game. Borregales should be able to make it from 77 yards and out.
I mean is that really too much to ask?

This, he's not twitchy or fast enough to be a S and not big enough, and problably not twichty or fast enough to be a LB

Honestly that "highly rated" 2018 SoFla DB Class of Frierson, Blades, Ivey, and Gurvan are all guys who ended up being terribly slow
That's the class that missed the AH DBs correct? Yeah, that class was doomed from the start. No matter what they did, we will always go back to the AH kids.

Advertisement
The hard on y'all have for this kid is really ******* weird.

FYI, this was a really good and instinctual play. If we score to win the game at the end, this is the play of the game. If he doesn't make it, it's game over. Notice our all-world 5 star Safety is being dishragged into the bench. Who is the only one out there to save a clear and easy first down run? Public Enemy #11

View attachment 210904

Yea JW0 has not impressed this year.

He's stayed "skinny" so he can stay a Saftey but he should probably bulk up and be a LB because he's getting pushed around

Gil should be a safety with Kam and Tae back there.
JW0 needs to suck it up, put on 10 pounds and play closer to that LOS where he's a lot better at. He's the perfect Star (Rover or that other S word) in today's defense. I've seen enough of JW0 at safety. His money position at the next level is a LB, he needs to realize that.
you can see JW has purposely not hit the weight room so he can play "safety" and its ridiculous. he had 2 tackles yesterday. The adults running the program need to end this trying to appease the player. he needs to be made to realize he isn't a safety, period.

Advertisement
He can't play free. He can't play in the box as a strong safety. He can't play corner. He can't play nickel. He can't play Will.

Sooooooo.....what is it that ya'd say.......ya do here?????
I don’t know but somehow it seemed like the guy found a way to make a lot of plays in last years defense. He was one of the better tacklers. He seems like a gamer. Probably plays better than he practices. Probably relies on instincts more than measurable talents.

Honestly, this bothers me a lot. They're really doing a disservice to this kid and ******* his chance at the NFL. It's pretty inexcusable imo. From all I know this kid does it the right way AND he can play....not sure what's up here.
Yea he looked good in the spring game. They could of atleast gave him a heads up to transfer.

Advertisement
I believe the biggest reason is he has no position. He’s way too small for lb unless it’s on third and longs. He’s too slow and stiff to be playing Couch’s spot. There’s some other things that could have something to do with it but being positionless is the obvious choice.
His position is best 11 defensive player. Get him on the field.

I know we don't see the practices, but I just don't get it. If he wasn't going to be part of the plan, then Mario and company should have told him to transfer. It is highly unfair to the young man that gave so much to the program and was actually one of the best defenders last year.

I think this goes back to the regime wanting to establish their scheme rather than adapt the scheme to the best players they have. Gil should have transferred. They're just wasting him.

Last edited:
It really is a mystery but I guess it's because they can't find a position for him, now I see why we're trying to recruit 4 backers this cycle

It took only four posts to have him replace a safety and linebacker. Not long after, he's wanted at corner.

This place is strange at times. He's likely an undersized linebacker. Seems when he's in the game though he makes plays. I don't think anyone on the staff knows what to do with him and that's unfortunate for him.

Kam needs to sit a bit, he's cost us as much as anyone on defense. What's up with Balom? What's Frierson at these days weight and speed? Kam makes another costly mistake like he has been, I'd take him out. Avantae can take those snaps.

Advertisement

Did he just gain too much weight here.Wen he signed with us there was a picture going around where he looked lean,like a bigtime cb.He even played some corner and even had a pick in his 1st spring game.Then he kept putting on the lbs to where he's a twinner now at safety and LB.,

Did he just gain too much weight here.Wen he signed with us there was a picture going around where he looked lean,like a bigtime cb.He even played some corner and even had a pick in his 1st spring game.Then he kept putting on the lbs to where he's a twinner now at safety and LB.,
He was recruited as a corner

Advertisement
Back