Gattis is a running joke

Advertisement
I don't want to. I've been dying to see Arroyo.

This team just needs more talent, recruiting classes stacked up. We have been mismanaged for three years now and it's still evident.

well again, who are the people that says mallory or arroyo plays?

I was being sarcastic anyway, 56 yards???? after 2 previous weeks where it was basically 0??

if you can't see a coaching issue here, i'm flabbergasted.

well again, who are the people that says mallory or arroyo plays?

I was being sarcastic anyway, 56 yards???? after 2 previous weeks where it was basically 0??

if you can't see a coaching issue here, i'm flabbergasted.
Mallory had more than anyone else on the receivers who played against walk-ons. Coaching doesn't eliminate Reddings 4.7 speed, Brinsons inability to make a block, Ladson not being there, Brashard dropping the final pass or George managing to get tackled by a guy on his back.

Its ability or lack thereof.

Mallory had more than anyone else on the receivers who played against walk-ons. Coaching doesn't eliminate Reddings 4.7 speed, Brinsons inability to make a block, Ladson not being there, Brashard dropping the final pass or George managing to get tackled by a guy on his back.

Its ability or lack thereof.
how many times was arroyo targeted?

Advertisement
I don't want to. I've been dying to see Arroyo.

This team just needs more talent, recruiting classes stacked up. We have been mismanaged for three years now and it's still evident.
if we need more talent to beat a dog **** ATM team, were ****ed. we outgunned them and did well between the 20s but only scored 9 points. we couldn't get a single TD. the last red zone sequence was horrible along w not going for it on fourth down

So all 60 minutes of mishaps come down to that one call? I’m not arguing that it sucked, but there’s a lot more to it than Gattis calling that play.
not just that play but that entire sequence. he called a decent game within the 20s. we moved the ball. I thought the routes we run for the WRs just take too long to develop (TVD missed and so did the WRs). TVD clearly isnt right in this offense and if hes the guy from last year, then we have to redesign to fit him. we aren't winning 9 games w this offensive production from the passing game. its two weeks in a row now. its not a one time thing anymore.

How do teams full of 2 and 3 star croots ever score?
They score when superiorly rated players underperform their best, when superiorly rated players begin to listen to their hype, when they begin rest on their laurels. (Correspondingly, the lesser players do the opposite on the occasion). We have some of the former, they showed up game time. To quote someone, “players need to practice till they know of no other way to execute the play, except the way they practiced it.” I’m sure they practiced these plays to the level of “Oh, I got this one, let me move on to the next.” Coaches here probably failed them by not holding them accountable.

Last edited:
Advertisement
7-5 last year lost to A&M in the 1st year under a new coaching staff. We outgained them by alot and that team beat Bama last year. They have talent on defense. Everybody knew miami would have to almost play a perfect game to win tonight. They didn't. They lost. But blaming Gattis for everything instead of the players who made dumb decisions and dropped balls is just ridiculous.

not just that play but that entire sequence. he called a decent game within the 20s. we moved the ball. I thought the routes we run for the WRs just take too long to develop (TVD missed and so did the WRs). TVD clearly isnt right in this offense and if hes the guy from last year, then we have to redesign to fit him. we aren't winning 9 games w this offensive production from the passing game. its two weeks in a row now. its not a one time thing anymore.
Read my reply to 919cane above, as a possible contributing factor to the poor execution game time. The other thing I’m curious about is, if they practiced these plays during the week, and if they failed, how did they make it into the game plan? And if they succeeded, then perhaps players dropped the ball gametime, no pun intended. Id be interested how they fix this going forward, absent Mario’s future recruits.

Read my reply to 919cane above, as a possible contributing factor to the poor execution game time. The other thing I’m curious about is, if they practiced these plays during the week, and if they failed, how did they make it into the game plan? And if they succeeded, then perhaps players dropped the ball gametime, no pun intended. Id be interested how they fix this going forward, absent Mario’s future recruits.
nothing we did tonight is reassuring those highly rated WRs that are watching thats for sure. they gotta get this fixed asap.

Advertisement
Tvd last year looked good cause Lashley offense schemed wrs open and it was one read. He locks on guys, they literally pointed it out on the broadcast. Dude can't read a d. Now our play calling play calling doesn't help. But dude doesn't have "it"
so then tailor it around him. it isnt hard. their job is to coach guys to win games. if it means going against what you believe in to get it done, so be it. this isnt it though

7-5 last year lost to A&M in the 1st year under a new coaching staff. We outgained them by alot and that team beat Bama last year. They have talent on defense. Everybody knew miami would have to almost play a perfect game to win tonight. They didn't. They lost. But blaming Gattis for everything instead of the players who made dumb decisions and dropped balls is just ridiculous.
when ATM loses 4 games then what's the excuse

so then tailor it around him. it isnt hard. their job is to coach guys to win games. if it means going against what you believe in to get it done, so be it. this isnt it though
Agree. Good coaches adjust. Also, so must good players. It’s a team sport.

Advertisement
when ATM loses 4 games then what's the excuse
who cares about them. they play in the toughest division in college football. EVERYBODY HERE expected us to lose but didn't want to get embarrassed. Well this one was alot tighter than these games have been in the past. I see an improved team. we can run the ball against a top defense. passing needs work with the QB and WRs. But let's not fool ourselves and blame gattis for everything. If Rique didn't drop that punt this game would've been completely different

Advertisement
Back