Gattis is a running joke

How do you know? There were no attempts at it smh. In the red zone they stacked the box and dared us to throw and we couldn’t even try a fade smh. We threw short of the end zone every snap!
How do I know? The entire game was a witness. Seriously did you watch the game? WRs dropped everything

Advertisement
How do I know? The entire game was a witness. Seriously did you watch the game? WRs dropped everything
No there was no attempts into the end zone we rarely threw over 10 yards. That’s what I’m saying. You obviously did not watch the game. WRs were blanketed and had to make contested catches a lot. A&Ms corners were able to stay with our guys a lot because we ran horrible and limited route concepts. We did not use the entire field at all. Also, only two drops were open targets. TVD threw a lot of poor passes also. The receivers are not great but the offense ain’t helping them at all.

Why are you over here showboating as if you're right on something that won't be proven until 4 years from now? That's dumb af and I'm not even gonna entertain it. Did i just miss the 2025 NFL draft?

The passing scheme ***. Its bunched up, no spacing, requires the QB to constantly make high level reads and make difficult throws. Tonight was Dan Enos 2.0.

Lashlee was able to make two undrafted WRs look good. Because he understood spacing. Gattis hasn't shown he does. This is on Gattis. Hes even making a QB that tied Joe Burrows record (using two undrafted wrs) and was mocked in the 1st round look so bad half the board wants to bench him already.

How tf is any wr gonna look good like that. Mind you, despite your pompous posts making it seem like I said we have 5 first round picks running around, I simply stated that statistically one of these wrs will be drafted, and restrepo was well on his way to having a great season.
I understand your point and I agree we do run a bunch of bunched up plays but the no spacing narrative needs to stop. There were plenty of calls where we spread the field.

No there was no attempts into the end zone we rarely threw over 10 yards. That’s what I’m saying. You obviously did not watch the game. WRs were blanketed and had to make contested catches a lot. A&Ms corners were able to stay with our guys a lot because we ran horrible and limited route concepts. We did not use the entire field at all. Also, only two drops were open targets. TVD threw a lot of poor passes also. The receivers are not great but the offense ain’t helping them at all.
I watched every second of the game. "WRs were blanketed and had to make contested catches a lot".......exactly why UM had a better chance of running the ball in from the 10 than throwing it in. Both Parrish and Knighton averaged over 5.0 ypc......waaaaaay better option than TVD trying to throw to any of our WRs last night.

Advertisement
I watched every second of the game. "WRs were blanketed and had to make contested catches a lot".......exactly why UM had a better chance of running the ball in from the 10 than throwing it in. Both Parrish and Knighton averaged over 5.0 ypc......waaaaaay better option than TVD trying to throw to any of our WRs last night.
Nah fam. They played bend don’t break up until we got to the red zone. They rushed 4 and played man two. That’s why they blanketed us. But in the red zone they brought guys up and stopped the run. Forcing us to pass. But they played cover zero and zone at that point. We were too scared to take any shots at the end zone though, so we tried to run or throw short passes. Not a single pass into the end zone NOT ONE! Don’t tell me we don’t have the guys for it. They were playing third string corners and we have Redding and Smith who are both 6’1 plus with 40 inch verts! We could throw up a jump ball to them and put it only where they can get it or it goes out or we may even get a PI call and we get first and goal from the one. We got outcoached

Out of nowhere? Who in the **** in this receiving corps showed to you last year "oh man he will be a gamechanging stud"?

Up to speed? Its the most basic fundamental **** ever, a coach can't tell a receiver how to catch the **** ball in college?!

Yeah we were *****ing about WR several seasons now and as early as last year until Rambo and Harley came on late. It seems Lashlee's simplified offense may have hindered development or they're all JAGS other than X or George. George shows some promise

You’re pretty clearly all about Garcia.

I was actually starting to worry about TVD after Bethune. I thought Garcia looked noticeably better - more decisive and better delivery/touch.

I started the year bought into the TVD hype.

By Southern Miss I was real worried that TVD was going to an actual problem.

After TAMU… well… let’s just say I’d really like to see Garcia get a shot to evaluate whether it’s really Gattis or TVD. But my suspicion is that it’s TVD.

Almost EVERYTHING about TVD’s play has been bad. Bad decision making. Bad vision. Bad timing. Bad accuracy. Bad touch.

You could see the signs against Bethune… even though his stats were nice. Garcia, on the other hand, was decisive and accurate and had good timing and touch.

Mallory had more than anyone else on the receivers who played against walk-ons. Coaching doesn't eliminate Reddings 4.7 speed, Brinsons inability to make a block, Ladson not being there, Brashard dropping the final pass or George managing to get tackled by a guy on his back.

Its ability or lack thereof.
Bender - my good German friend. You can’t totally dismiss the fact that the OC is a problem.

The players deserve their blame but @paksat is not completely wrong here. His arguments have some serious merit.

Advertisement
I Guess Schitts Creek GIF by CBC

apparently nobody here believes in the term "growing pains" football experts always say there will be growing pains in every new system. It doesn't come over night people. Everybody knew this years offense had no WRs. Did X show you anything the first year or 2 that said "He's going to be the guy" not to me he didn't. Yes he was the most productive returner we had at the position and he only had 24 receptions last year. Alot of puppies on the outside that need to come into thier own and we still should've won that game if Rique didn't fumble to punt. I'm a rational thinker and can tell this staff has this team that was 7-5 last year playing better ball

Advertisement
Yes, they do. Did you see how poorly our WRs performed? No speed, dropped balls just mention a couple. TVD was off his game as well. It wasn’t just Gattis, and I’m not protecting him, but we have a myriad of problems. We’re just waking up from MDs era, we need to be patient. How we fix them this week will say a lot about Everything.
Yea I saw all of that. That’s why it baffles me that are redzone playcalling went away from our strengths in the game(OL & RB). Instead of running a 240 pound Thad Franklin, we ran a QB sweep or an outside run to the short side of the field.

Gattis was on staff w Enos at Bama 2018. Thought some of this looked familiar
Apparently their offense is good enough for 14-1, but you have to have Jerry Jeudy, Jaylen Waddle, Devonta Smith, and Henry Ruggs at WR instead of Frank Ladson, Brashard Smith, and Mike Redding.

:pgdead:

Advertisement
I don't want to hear how we have bad WR's, these dudes were all pretty highly ranked. Now all of a sudden they wouldn't start for app state? Lmao get out of here with that ****. I was previously thinking this dude was holding something back against the likes of southern miss.
Mark Pope was a 5 star remember... I don't think you can look at any of our receivers and say they compare favorably to any top team. Take your hate blinders off. We got crap receivers, who were going up against 6-3 corners and safeties, there was zero separation. Go watch the tape.

I do think we will match up against everyone else we play but this was not a favorable match up in that regard.

Advertisement
Back