Official Gattis Fired!!

This was horrendous mismanagement. Why the 3 month delay? Why wasn't he canned after the last game?

Mario's staff decisions have been horrendous. Flame me if you want. I do not care
Disagree.

Hypothetically speaking, perhaps this was not purely a football decision, but an employment decisIon.

Let’s assume that Gattis committed an egregious act that is a clear violation of the University’s code of conduct and adversely impacted other employees. Because such an act (if established) would lead to a dismissal “for cause” (i.e., Gattis would not be entitled to any severance benefits and the University would therefore save $1.9M+), it became necessary to conduct an internal investigation of the alleged acts, which requires time to interview witnesses, participants, etc. That investigation took several weeks due to the holidays, availability of witnesses, etc. The final outcome of the investigation lead to his dismissal.

Those hypothetical facts would take this decision away from Mario and into the hands of Rad, the General Counsel and others. That might explain why it took so long. You are viewing this thru the lens of a fan and are assuming this was purely a performance issue. It might be a behavior issue, which makes the performance moot.

Again, just a “hypothetical” but it would explain why it took so long.

Advertisement
Disagree.

Hypothetically speaking, perhaps this was not purely a football decision, but an employment decisIon.

Let’s assume that Gattis committed an egregious act that is a clear violation of the University’s code of conduct and adversely impacted other employees. Because such an act (if established) would lead to a dismissal “for cause” (i.e., Gattis would not be entitled to any severance benefits and the University would therefore save $1.9M+), it became necessary to conduct an internal investigation of the alleged acts, which requires time to interview witnesses, participants, etc. That investigation took several weeks due to the holidays, availability of witnesses, etc. The final outcome of the investigation lead to his dismissal.

Those hypothetical facts would take this decision away from Mario and into the hands of Rad, the General Counsel and others. That might explain why it took so long. You are viewing this thru the lens of a fan and are assuming this was purely a performance issue. It might be a behavior issue, which makes the performance moot.

Again, just a “hypothetical” but it would explain why it took so long.
Wow look at that, someone gets it.

Once the administration steps in, it's a whole new process with different guidelines. People flaming Mario have absolutely zero idea concerning what's currently going down.

If his hands were tied then that’s what it is as it relates to him. It may have cost us a WR depending on whether he had a replacement OC that would make the difference. Did this delay cost us any OC’s Mario may have wanted?
Who knows if it cost a WR recruit or not because that WR may have still not have come. We will never know.

As crazy as it sounds, $ plays a bigger role in the portal than staff does. Our staff isn’t over bidding for certain kids. But I understand how on the surface it may seem our Offense is hurting us. It certainly didn’t help but I do think it’s a tad overrated concept in todays world.

Advertisement
As some do here on CIS, making assumptions, speculating, and down right making up stupid stuff, doesn’t diminish the fact that Gatass is finally no longer the OC at Miami.

At this point, NO ONE outside the Miami inner circle knows the details of Gatass’es departure. Maybe eventually the details will be revealed but depending on the nature of those details, we may never know.

The obvious next step is for Mario, with help from Rad and Zo, to make a great new OC hire. Any recruiting losses due to this fiasco with Gatass should be able to be overcome with Mario’s recruiting prowess.

I don’t think it’s been posted and it’s been forgotten but Tee Martin’s kid committed to us for baseball. Just sayin…

It may have been mentioned once or twice in passing

Who knows if it cost a WR recruit or not because that WR may have still not have come. We will never know.

As crazy as it sounds, $ plays a bigger role in the portal than staff does. Our staff isn’t over bidding for certain kids. But I understand how on the surface it may seem our Offense is hurting us. It certainly didn’t help but I do think it’s a tad overrated concept in todays world.
That’s somewhat true, but no elite Transfer Skill players are coming to a school when they have no idea who the OC is or type of offense that will be ran. Mario may have told them what he wanted or going after but until it’s official, that’s a dangerous game to play for a Transfer Portal kid.

Advertisement

I’d have bid whatever it took to land Innis or ****ey. Both will be collegiate monsters.

Advertisement
We didn’t lose anyone from the portal because of this situation. It hurt more with a recruit or two but like I said, Mario hands were tide. In the grand scheme of things, this hurt the fans more than anything and who cares about that.

I think it’s multiple things at the same time:
- his hands were tied
- it did not help with recruiting, probably cost us a WR or 2 which has been a big miss
- the fan base will start to matter more and more if Mario re-ties his hands with another ****** choice at OC

It’s still an incomplete offseason until we see what happens and how the roster and staff fill out…

Last edited:
Advertisement
Go **** yourself. Somehow the quoted poster didn’t have a problem with the discussion but you do.

It’s not unreasonable to discuss the possible difference 3 weeks could make in recruiting.
May I suggest for you two @TheOriginalCane @Angry Ibis

Fox Tv GIF by Family Guy

alternatively
gotham GIF by Fox TV

I think it’s multiple things at the same time:
- his hands were tied
- it did not help with recruiting, probably cost us a WR or 2 which has been a big miss
- the fan base will start to matter more and more if Mario re-ties his hands with another ****** choice at OC

It’s still an incomplete offseason until we see what happens and how the roster and staff fill out…
We missed some WRs in the portal last year as well because of Gattis and the hiring process

The way I understand it anyway

Advertisement
Back