Official Gattis Fired!!

We need to think about this Josh Gattis hire by Maryland for just one second.

Gattis was fired for cause by Miami. He went to a school with 2 former OCs on staff. He's not calling the plays (this is widely known).

But somehow, he got Maryland to agree to an OC title to salvage his career path.

This guy must have serious blackmail on several head coaches, to keep failing upward (or maybe laterally at worst) through 5 different employers.

Stunning.
Probably true but at least we don’t have to deal w him anymore.

Advertisement
is Addams contract up here?
Don't think so. I think we gave him a 3 year iirc. Someone told me his contract was unorthodox for a position coach around this time last year.

Made him hard to fire a year ago and hard for anyone else to poach him and buy him out.

Don't think that's the case anymore. 1 year left on the deal is pretty standard to buy out... probably even waived if it's a promotion opportunity like a DC position.

Advertisement
Haven't seen it mentioned but someone told me he's a candidate for the Minnesota DC opening

They love him up there from his time as DB coach so he's got some familiarity and goodwill.

Might be a landing spot to watch
I don't care if he lands on the moon. Punt that mf and bring me Raymond immediately.

Advertisement
Washed Raymond still pulling better DBs than Addae. I'd be ok taking my chances.

I Guess If You Say So GIF

Advertisement
Advertisement
Back