Official Gattis Fired!!

May I suggest for you two @TheOriginalCane @Angry Ibis

Fox Tv GIF by Family Guy

alternatively
gotham GIF by Fox TV

It’s not worth an ongoing argument.

Bottom line is 3 weeks in January could be impactful to recruiting. It’s unfortunate for Mario to have his hands tied because recruiting is his bread and butter and it’s really not an argument that a coach would like to be at full strength and not have his hands tied in filling a staff and/or recruiting…

Advertisement
Sorry if this has already been answered but I have a question. If this Gattis incident never occurred, was Mario willing to give him another year or was he out regardless?

Advertisement
It’s not worth an ongoing argument.

Bottom line is 3 weeks in January could be impactful to recruiting. It’s unfortunate for Mario to have his hands tied because recruiting is his bread and butter and it’s really not an argument that a coach would like to be at full strength and not have his hands tied in filling a staff and/or recruiting…
Lmao it’s not worth an ongoing argument….

but let me argue some more

(not taking sides just lulz)

Advertisement
I fundamentally agree; however, whether it was done 3 weeks ago or today, it changes nothing. For several reasons, the university took the high road and attempted him to leave on his own. It didn’t work out that way. Miami prepared for this and Mario was moving behind the scene.
Friend...don't know about that...

I certainly haven't the insight* of the circumstances of his [GERDis] release, however, there was certainly an opportunity cost to the organization from his firing on 27 Jan 23 vs 27 Nov 22.

Our Hurricanes could be in an even more improved sutuation now had a quality replacement been in place soon after the season ended.

We'll never know, but I certainly lean that our Canes would have been better off today and going into 2023 season had GERDis been shown the door back in November.

Regardless, he gone and our Canes must move on.

This next hire is CRITICAL and will set the tone for Big Manny next 2-3 years.

*see what I did there?

Last edited:
I mean, it was posted in an addition to point out false allegations about our current head coach.

I get it. Sometimes I lean toward less is more, other times clearing up the fabrication or false accusation is better addressed head on.

Lmao it’s not worth an ongoing argument….

but let me argue some more

(not taking sides just lulz)

Indeed. I should have been more clear that it wasn’t worth getting caught in that argument matrix, but discussing the potential impact to recruiting/Mario (or lack thereof) with you and @Hurracanes is time worthy….

Advertisement
I doubt Innis ends up here no matter who we hire.
That’s what my heritage dude said and he was spot on the entire time about Fletcher, Damari and Inniss. People can peep my post history on Fletcher too, he never wavered even when that Fletcher to UF smoke popped up.

Inniss loves Hartline and was going to follow him, although the bag we offered was unparalleled and would cause any sane individual to at least consider the possibility of assured cash + a potential new OC and staying home (at the time). In the end, Hartline and Day have the proven track record, and he was thinking long-term (as he should).

Advertisement
Now this we can meet in the middle on. If you have a full staff and need an oc I get. If I remember correctly Monken was fired in Cleveland and Uga offered.

I’m speaking more on new staffs or building a new staff. Monken also had to tweak his offense more to fit what Smart wanted. So I’m sure he was learning as much as he was teaching.

It worked , he rehabbed his career and looks to be headed back to the league.

Lastly if a OC goes to work for an offensive HC he tends to tweak to what the coach runs. Kevin Wilson being an example.
did someone mention that monken might be headed back to the league?

Advertisement
Back