Tears Gator Tears

Seeing is believing, so I thought I'd take an aerial look at what all the gator bragging is about. And compare it to the Miami experience.

florida.jpg
miami.jpg

In fairness to the gators, proximity is not to be underestimated. There's a hospital right next door to the Eleo in case the .... cuisine don't treat you so well.

Advertisement
Seeing is believing, so I thought I'd take an aerial look at what all the gator bragging is bragging is about. And compare it to the Miami experience.

View attachment 241317View attachment 241323

In fairness to the gators, proximity is not to be underestimated. There's a hospital right next door to the Eleo in case the .... cuisine don't treat you so well.

Beautiful comparative pictures, sir.

And, yes, I can assure you, the Eleo Retention Pond is not a naturally-occurring body of water. I've driven up 441 (the road on the right side of that picture) countless times in the last 45 years, and that "scenic vista" is a retention pond required by the Alachua County Zoning Board.

Advertisement
Seeing is believing, so I thought I'd take an aerial look at what all the gator bragging is about. And compare it to the Miami experience.

View attachment 241317View attachment 241323

That Gainesville Hotel Eleo - has a real nice view of that mudhole - and I think there's a Waffle House just down the road for Gainesville Fine Dining.

Gonna be hard to beat that . . .

Even Grunge Grease (Ohio State) doesn't have a mudhole!

That Gainesville Hotel Eleo - has a real nice view of that mudhole - and I think there's a Waffle House just down the road for Gainesville Fine Dining.

HOW DID YOU KNOW?!?!?!

A man's gotta have...options...

1686350034188.png

I mean...I have to laugh...

OIA is on the OPPOSITE side (southeast) of Orlando from Hogtown. That is a BRUTAL drive on a Friday afternoon.

Hilarious.

View attachment 241327

Jesus, Mary and Joseph, crosstown Orlando traffic on a Friday, and then having to endure a drive to the hillbilly hellhole of Gainesville to stay in a motel 6 decor postage sized room with a view of a retention pond? Dude has already talked himself out of going to UFailure.

Advertisement
You guys talking about the Simpsons reminds me of the episode where they mentioned flying to Gainesville. Even the Simpsons know what a ****hole that is.

The Ultimate Behemoth RV has more deep fat fryers (4, one for every part of the chicken) than the Gainesville Airport has gates (3)...

Advertisement
I mean...I have to laugh...

OIA is on the OPPOSITE side (southeast) of Orlando from Hogtown. That is a BRUTAL drive on a Friday afternoon.

Hilarious.

View attachment 241327
The ride from Orlando is an hour and a half even with zero traffic. I’m sure that kid’s parents will be totally stoked about having to do that every Saturday in the fall

The ride from Orlando is an hour and a half even with zero traffic. I’m sure that kid’s parents will be totally stoked about having to do that every Saturday in the fall

Dude, it's 90 minutes from MY SIDE of Orlando on the northwest (OK, my family's side, since I now live in ATL).

It's 2 hours from OIA in the middle of the night with the FHP eating doughnuts...

Advertisement
Yeah I was re-living my college years of 3am road trips at 90 MPH through Central Florida

I used to try to save Turnpike tolls by taking 192 or 520 out to I-95.

Was always...interesting...passing cars on those 2-lane roads in the dark.

Swamp -> gators -> mudhole. So I guess give them points here for authenticity.

I used to try to save Turnpike tolls by taking 192 or 520 out to I-95.

Was always...interesting...passing cars on those 2-lane roads in the dark.
Bloody 520 was a regular part of my trips between UCF and home in South Florida because “who can afford the $2.50 to take 528?”

Advertisement
Back