Tears Gator Tears

Why wouldnt they fly recruits in through Jacksonville? Isnt that much faster??

So...the Jax airport is ALSO on the opposite side of town from Gainseville (north side of Jax). And a lot less of that drive (Jax-Hogtown) uses surface roads instead of interstates or toll expressways.

Either one (Jax/Orlando) is going to be quite a long drive.

I'd also point out that US 301 has all the "Dukes of Hazzard speed traps". I think I got 3 speeding tickets on 301 in one year, AND I KNEW THEY WERE THERE. ******* AAA had to issue a travel advisory. Not a joke.

1686352079846.png

Advertisement
Jesus, Mary and Joseph, crosstown Orlando traffic on a Friday, and then having to endure a drive to the hillbilly hellhole of Gainesville to stay in a motel 6 decor postage sized room with a view of a retention pond? Dude has already talked himself out of going to UFailure.
That dude is coming from DC area too IIRC he’s from Gaithersburg in Montgomery County, MD. He’s gonna love it there.

Pick your poison. You have to drive by Raiford to get to Gainesville from Jacksonville.

On the plus side, they can visit a lot of the **** greats there on the way down.

Not long after Howard Stern ran for NY governor is when I was doing my Tax LL.M. up in Hogtown. If you recall, he only had three campaign platform ideas. Two were "highway construction at night", "staggering toll booths". but the third one was to (a) bring back the death penalty, and (b) use the crispy remains of the criminals to fill in the potholes.

I thought that last idea would have worked well for US 301 around Starke.

Advertisement
I didnt make it all the way through the recruiting weekend funnies. Did any of the recruits post single mom stretch marks from cafe risque?
Haven’t seen any yet. There are rumors of photos circulating of NapeHair personally chauffeuring recruits in a motorized tricycle over to the Risqué to shake hands with Urban Meyer and his new girlfriend. It is reported that most recruits went for the fist bump instead.

Advertisement
Advertisement
Advertisement
Haven’t seen any yet. There are rumors of photos circulating of NapeHair personally chauffeuring recruits in a motorized tricycle over to the Risqué to shake hands with Urban Meyer and his new girlfriend. It is reported that most recruits went for the fist bump instead.
Its been buffed and gassed up. Ready for a big recruiting weekend

1686354677781.gif

Advertisement
Back