Tears Gator Tears

But who and when is billy driving them?

I don’t know, I’m pretty sure that’s a car ride I would NOT want to go on. Especially with the recruiting desperate Slingblade.

IMG_3287.gif

Advertisement
Advertisement
Spellcheck? CAW? He’s like a drunk poRster who comes off as semi-literate but somehow has a gator degree.

Talk about spellcheck, read Blake’s article on this weekend’s visitors. Embarrassing.

I thought you would appreciate the Flowers for Algernon reference...

Amazing that there have been 2-3 articles written since about different recruits calling the visit a 10 out of 10.

Balake Alderman: "So on a scale of 10 to 10, with 10 being the lowest and 10 being the highest, how would you rate your Hogtown visit?"

Recruit: "Uhhhh..."

Balake: "Thank you, that's what all the other recruits said as well."

Advertisement
I thought you would appreciate the Flowers for Algernon reference...

God I read that in high school. Off the top of my head, that’s the one about the mentally deficient person that was given some kind of surgery or medicine that made him have normal intelligence, wasn’t it? I remember it being kind of sad.

Advertisement
Advertisement
This is amazing, 90 minutes to enjoy settling into the spacious suites of Hotel Oleo, and take in its breathtaking views of the stormwater management basin...

View attachment 241289
When the Hotel Oreo was developed, the plan sheets showed “SWM” or something similar in that water feature location. Today, it’s a beacon of upscale Alachua.

God I read that in high school. Off the top of my head, that’s the one about the mentally deficient person that was given some kind of surgery or medicine that made him have normal intelligence, wasn’t it? I remember it being kind of sad.

Absolutely, though in the book Charlie Gordon goes from an IQ of 68 to 185. Also inspired a great episode of It's Always Sunny in Philadelphia.

That's why I thought it was funny, he didn't know which Charlie Gordon to compare CAW to....

When the Hotel Oreo was developed, the plan sheets showed “SWM” or something similar in that water feature location. Today, it’s a beacon of upscale Alachua.

I'm not even making a joke here, I'm pretty sure that the Hotel Oleo is on the site of (or dam close to) the old Skeeter's Big Biscuit on 441. After Ol' Skeeter got into some trouble with the IRS, he went on to start Cafe Risque out on I-75 (incorporated in his wife's name, of course).

True story.

1686332297253.png

Advertisement
Back