Tears Gator Tears

So these are the same guys who have been trashing us as poor for years and who have been saying outrageous **** about John Ruiz since the dawn of NIL and they just went and did everything to Rashada that they projected on us… Is this about right?
The Office Yes GIF

Advertisement
My take is he wants out of his LOI because terms of his NIL deal(s) weren’t met. He may be able to get out his NIL deal for breach of contract, but still needs UF to release him from his LOI.

UF would be smart to release him. Future recruits will be reluctant to sign with UF if the various Gator NIL boosters fail to live up to their obligations and the school plays hardball.

I don’t think he wins an NCAA appeal based on the technical separation of NIL and schools. But this is uncharted territory.
I'd say he has ZERO chance with the NCAA. He's basically asking to be released under "pay for play" which the NCAA defines as a rules violation. The NCAA wouldn't even think of setting precedence to open the doors for student athletes to be released from their LOI because of a failure or dissatisfaction with their NIL deal. In fact, it's a complete opposite of how the NCAA wants NIL to work.

At this point, I don't even want Rashada. IMO, he's burned his bridges to Coral Gables.

I just find the whole thing hilarious and I hope it blows up in Gator's faces!!! If Rashada doesn't enroll at UF, it's going to affect their recruiting of top athletes who command big NIL deals.

I believe they were reckless and desperate, but I don’t believe this number. Maybe I’m just too practical to think it’s real, but I just don’t see it.

It is true though, that apparently we said pass, because the scuttlebutt was that they came back to us for an offer higher than our original offer or something like that.
I agree. $13 Million would be equivalent to the 30th overall pick of the 2022 NFL draft. Paying high school kids NFL money is just crazy. Some of them are going to flame out.

Advertisement
From the Gator ON3 site... Discussion on how their NIL system is supposed to work-

Any NIL deal that a UF player/signee has is with Gator Collective. They facilitate the deals and make sure the athletes fulfill their obligations, but the actual money that funds those deals come from different sources.

For the football team -- and especially the top players -- those deals are funded by the Gator Guard (Hugh Hathcock and a few of his fellow million-dollar donors). Then it's Gary Condron for baseball, Chandler Parsons and others with men's hoops, Jeff Nudelman for women's hoops, etc.

They put up the funds and the Gator Collective signs the athletes to the NIL deals and executes them. In addition to funds from big donors, Gator Collective also allocates the fan donations it receives toward NIL deals, but it's just not as much money as what Hathcock and Condron contribute.

The Gator Guard -- not the Gator Collective -- would be responsible for whatever NIL figure Jaden Rashada was offered, but GC is the entity that actually has to draw up the deal, have Rashada sign it and then get him to execute it. Hugh Hathcock is literally just wiring the money over.

Part 2:

The funds from Gator Guard probably covers the top 10-20 football players. The GG raised $5 million before the start of the season and $1M of that went to one player.

The money that Gator Collective generates takes cares of the rest of the football team along with players from other sports.

Advertisement
Advertisement
Advertisement
If we reallllly wanted to get these clowns rustled then someone should superimpose Heitner's head on the body of that magnificent ******* that flashed The U at his UiF graduation. Say we found footage of Heitner receiving his diploma and the background noise is Ruiz clapping.

Advertisement
Back