Tears Gator Tears

My take is he wants out of his LOI because terms of his NIL deal(s) weren’t met. He may be able to get out his NIL deal for breach of contract, but still needs UF to release him from his LOI.

UF would be smart to release him. Future recruits will be reluctant to sign with UF if the various Gator NIL boosters fail to live up to their obligations and the school plays hardball.

I don’t think he wins an NCAA appeal based on the technical separation of NIL and schools. But this is uncharted territory.
Think the damage is done in terms of NIL. The negative recruiting by other collectives will be crazy here. UF’s credit rating has fallen to junk level. Whatever deal they put in front of a kid won’t be worth the paper it’s written on unless they come through with upfront money. The problem with that is you can’t even pay a Florida kid upfront money, so unless you are a die hard Gator fan, a recruit will be right not to trust them. They are ****eddddd

Advertisement
I believe they were reckless and desperate, but I don’t believe this number. Maybe I’m just too practical to think it’s real, but I just don’t see it.

It is true though, that apparently we said pass, because the scuttlebutt was that they came back to us for an offer higher than our original offer or something like that.
But if they were thinking they could pull a fast one, and @Cribby even said they tried to outbid themselves for Malik. That tells me they may have done the same with Rashada to get recruiting points and narrative on their side.

So these are the same guys who have been trashing us as poor for years and who have been saying outrageous **** about John Ruiz since the dawn of NIL and they just went and did everything to Rashada that they projected on us… Is this about right?
gold

It’s so pathetic it almost makes me feel bad for Gator fans till I remember how ****** they’ve been to us and how they think they’re on same playing field as Ohio st and bama

My take is he wants out of his LOI because terms of his NIL deal(s) weren’t met. He may be able to get out his NIL deal for breach of contract, but still needs UF to release him from his LOI.

UF would be smart to release him. Future recruits will be reluctant to sign with UF if the various Gator NIL boosters fail to live up to their obligations and the school plays hardball.

I don’t think he wins an NCAA appeal based on the technical separation of NIL and schools. But this is uncharted territory.
This is what it seems like to me.

Advertisement
Think the damage is done in terms of NIL. The negative recruiting by other collectives will be crazy here. UF’s credit rating has fallen to junk level. Whatever deal they put in front of a kid won’t be worth the paper it’s written on unless they come through with upfront money. The problem with that is you can’t even pay a Florida kid upfront money, so unless you are a die hard Gator fan, a recruit will be right not to trust them. They are ****eddddd
They can’t be trusted to honor the basic terms of a deal. How is it possible that this up front money item wasn’t resolved way back???

Dang the tears are extra salty with this one!

200.gif

$13M? Lol if he thought that was actually real and going to come to fruition, UF or anywhere else. No booster is going to pay $3-4M a year for a QB to sit the bench or be half decent. Better be top 5 QB winning championships to actually get that kind of money. Kid played himself. Lol if he thinks another school is gonna offer him anywhere close to that after all this. And he's a guaranteed transfer risk on day 1.

Advertisement
As Gator message boards are saying, the two collectives are mismanaged. One seems like a GoFundMe page with monthly donations from fans. What could go wrong?
The Gator Collective is the one with the monthly donations I believe. I think that’s the one run by that Rojas guy we’ve seen mentioned in screenshots here.

Advertisement
As Gator message boards are saying, the two collectives are mismanaged. One seems like a GoFundMe page with monthly donations from fans. What could go wrong?
I’m guessing someone from CIS infiltrated the collective to self destruct from with in

That’s probably untrue but the conspiracy gators will run with now that they can’t keep pushing Ruiz 24/7

$13M? Lol if he thought that was actually real and going to come to fruition, UF or anywhere else. No booster is going to pay $3-4M a year for a QB to sit the bench or be half decent. Better be top 5 QB winning championships to actually get that kind of money. Kid played himself. Lol if he thinks another school is gonna offer him anywhere close to that after all this. And he's a guaranteed transfer risk on day 1.
Kid will be lucky to get $500 from his next team but maybe Tennessee will go after him. They took Campbell so they’ll take anyone I guess

aTm loves to over pay jimbo so that’s a destination he could land at n they lose players to the portal after one year there so probably the best fit for Rashad

This is nonsense. I don't think the OP is stating that they should limit the earnings but that the source of the NIL earnings come from legitimate on-going organizations. And a legitimate organization is easily discerned.

It also doesn't matter that Tesla has "been around for a minute". The fact is that Tesla is a legitimate business that exists to produce a product for profit. If, how much, and in what way they spend on marketing and promotion resources is a business decision they make based on a cost benefit analysis.

I contrast that with a "collective of fans" that pool their resources for the purpose of inducing an athlete to commit to their school. There is no intent for ongoing operation to produce a profit.
I argue that limiting collectives reduces the amount of money available to athletes. I also argue that collectives would be able to circumvent the “legitimate” business model in many creative ways. That’s why it’s a slippery slope. Once again, at the end of the day, this only reduces the amount of money available to prospective athletes. This means limiting one’s earning potential. How can you not see that???

Advertisement
Kid will be lucky to get $500 from his next team but maybe Tennessee will go after him. They took Campbell so they’ll take anyone I guess

aTm loves to over pay jimbo so that’s a destination he could land at n they lose players to the portal after one year there so probably the best fit for Rashad
Well, I wouldn’t blame Rashada if in fact the Gator boosters failed to live to the terms of his NIL deal.

That said, the numbers thrown around were ridiculous.

TN has Nico and he’s been on campus for almost a month. They don’t need Rashada.

Advertisement
Back