Tears Gator Tears

Y'all prolly already seen this buuuut there you have it, it's up top that's going to turn us into Vanderbilt soon smh

Where's all the money going? I mean, $17 mill isn't pocket change IF it's true that that's what was collected.

Advertisement
Living through the Shalala years, I totally understand that issue, but you supposedly gave "Billy" everything he asked for. He hired a G5 staff with only one proven coach, and is also the OC and QB coach, despite not having the resume for that. You at least have to blame him for some of the troubles.

I agree with this and he's knocked it off the park so far in his tenure (recruiting aside so far lol) but that's something I mused out loud earlier today on Swampgas:

Does he identify the weak links on the staff and replace them or does he go the Mullen route and ride it out with his same staff stubbornly? That's what i'm interested in seeing from him next; replacing staff members when it comes to that.

It’s still breakfast time. I wonder what’s in store for lunch? The AD open letter with a vote of confidence?
Rte Plotting GIF by Stellify Media
I am still catching up. This is the 1st time in 5 years of tears where my screenshots are continually outdated to the point I have to delete them. I’ve deleted easily over 100 screenshots over the past 2 days

Living through the Shalala years, I totally understand that issue, but you supposedly gave "Billy" everything he asked for. He hired a G5 staff with only one proven coach, and is also the OC and QB coach, despite not having the resume for that. You at least have to blame him for some of the troubles.

He is paying FOUR assistant coaches MILLION DOLLAR SALARIES. And Corey Raymond isn't one of those $1M salaries. And for what?

I've posted the resumes of every Gaytor coach. After Corey Raymond, it goes south quickly.

Not one single Gaytor corch beyond Raymond deserves a $1M salary. Yet FOUR are getting paid big bucks.

Advertisement
Where's all the money going? I mean, $17 mill isn't pocket change IF it's true that that's what was collected.

People saying UF admin/athletic department is doing it this way:

Say there's 4 sports at a school: baseball, basketball football, and soccer and you have to split $100 between those 4. UF will give each sport $25 and say "go make it work" where other universities will give football $80 and tell the other 3 sports make it work in splitting up that last $20

I actually told Northern this when he was on here in a post he upvoted. If it was a kid from Mississippi, I would give them more of a shot than us - all things being somewhat equal. But that’s the thing. All things aren’t somewhat equal. We have a staff. They have a staph.

From where the kid's from, it's not exactly the most urban or cosmopolitan area. But he is about an hour's BART ride away from SF. A little less to Oakland. But it's nothing like Gainesville, lol. If you were to compare it to a town in California, I'd say Bakersfield maybe?

Advertisement
I agree with this and he's knocked it off the park so far in his tenure (recruiting aside so far lol) but that's something I mused out loud earlier today on Swampgas:

Does he identify the weak links on the staff and replace them or does he go the Mullen route and ride it out with his same staff stubbornly? That's what i'm interested in seeing from him next; replacing staff members when it comes to that.
The fact that he hired mainly G5 buddies I’d say the latter.

Those guys are loyal. And I get it. What got him the job at UF is the same G5 staff so why change now?

It doesn’t always work the way it did with Urban though.

This isn’t meant as a jab toward you specifically but just in general **** fans-

It is a fan base that is so delusional, even amidst the whining and depression is a not so well-hidden touch of narcissism.

All this “our staff doesn’t care about football, they’re just gonna turn us into Stanford, Vanderbilt, or Harvard.”

UF is a great state school, truly. But please get off your academic high horses - just because youre becoming a bad football program, it doesn’t inversely bring you up to Stanfords and Vanderbilts academically.
I don't believe that was the point of his comment. Wasn't meaning they would have the academic ranking of Vanderbilt .... just the football program equivalent .... bottom of the SEC.

Advertisement
People saying UF admin/athletic department is doing it this way:

Say there's 4 sports at a school: baseball, basketball football, and soccer and you have to split $100 between those 4. UF will give each sport $25 and say "go make it work" where other universities will give football $80 and tell the other 3 sports make it work in splitting up that last $20
I wonder if (not even joking) they're taking title IX into account and REALLY spreading it out to women's sports too.

I think it probably happens more than we know, but is handled quietly and as a "transfer".

I mean, I know it's going to stir up a hornet's nest of Nesta Bros, but Mario basically told Silvera to leave. The headline was never that he was "cut", and the Nesta Crew bitterly complained about the accurate characterization of the circumstances. But it happened.

The point is, if a player KNOWS that a coach can cut him, he might as well put the best possible face on it and call it a "transfer". A lot of the Gaytor fans are concerned that Gaypier let it get out into the press that these players were "cut", and it makes him and UiF look bad.
Completely agree on all points. Ol’ Billy keeps adding feathers to his clown cap

Advertisement
I know it's lengthy, but I wanted to post this all in one place, so people realize we aren't making this up.

A few years ago, the Gaytors didn't want to hire Scott Frost because he was going to bring a bunch of "his UCF coaches" with him. Now they are OK with Billy Gaypier bringing along the Louisiana crew.

And someone can check my math, but I think these 9 coaches have more collective years coaching HIGH SCHOOL than they do coaching Power Five.

I would challenge @flagator86 to tell me which four of these coaches deserve million dollar salaries...

I mean, I would guess that the coordinators would be 3 of the 4, seeing as how 2 of them followed Gaypier from Louisiana to Florida...

Florida Gaytors OC:
1656092874761.png

Florida Gaytors Co-DC:
1656092941052.png

Florida Gaytors Co-DC:
1656093003641.png

Florida Gaytors RB Coach:
1656093072275.png

Florida Gaytors WR Coach:
1656093114336.png

Florida Gaytors OL Coach:
1656093159559.png

Florida Gaytors TE Coach:
1656093204838.png

Florida Gaytors OLB Coach:
1656093261451.png

Florida Gaytors ILB Coach:
1656093300927.png

Wittle Bill might not make it through year 1

Oh wait they cant afford his buy out

The best case scenario for Gaytors fans is that LDE Slingblade Billy Gaypier starts making up stories about death threats against players...

...or else a heart condition...

"Fired for cause" is their only way out of a MASSIVE buyout for Gaypier...

From where the kid's from, it's not exactly the most urban or cosmopolitan area. But he is about an hour's BART ride away from SF. A little less to Oakland. But it's nothing like Gainesville, lol. If you were to compare it to a town in California, I'd say Bakersfield maybe?
I live in the Bay Area now. It’s a SF suburb or exurb.

Advertisement
Back