Tears Gator Tears

@flagator86 , I respect you. You're super level headed.

But I honestly don't see how what Napier did with staffing or to close out the last class is all that impressive. And his recruiting is imploding. Maybe he'll pull out more wins than expected this season and it all sorts itself out. But while he's not Norvell bad, I suspect that he's Al Golden bad. I just don't see him being any better than his replacement. In fact I think Mullen is his ceiling.

Advertisement
The best case scenario for Gaytors fans is that LDE Slingblade Billy Gaypier starts making up stories about death threats against players...

...or else a heart condition...

"Fired for cause" is their only way out of a MASSIVE buyout for Gaypier...
I have a major case of schadenfreude currently. Grinning like the Grinch after he got all those presents

The best case scenario for Gaytors fans is that LDE Slingblade Billy Gaypier starts making up stories about death threats against players...

Quick, hire some hookers and break out the morality clause.

I dont want to assume that Napier is gonna be a failure at UF.

I want to enjoy watching it happen in real time

@flagator86 , I respect you. You're super level headed.

But I honestly don't see how what Napier did with staffing or to close out the last class is all that impressive. And his recruiting is imploding. Maybe he'll pull out more wins than expected this season and it all sorts itself out. But while he's not Norvell bad, I suspect that he's Al Golden bad. I just don't see him being any better than his replacement. In fact I think Mullen is his ceiling.
This is why hiring a coach is a lottery ticket. As frustrating as watching Manny was at times, we got a much better version of Mario in December by giving him those 4 years at Oregon. He knew what he needed and he was capable of getting it all done and agreed to.

Napier is feeling out being a HC in the big time. When you have people talking staff changes before a game has been played, that isn’t good.

Advertisement
T
I agree with this and he's knocked it off the park so far in his tenure (recruiting aside so far lol) but that's something I mused out loud earlier today on Swampgas:

Does he identify the weak links on the staff and replace them or does he go the Mullen route and ride it out with his same staff stubbornly? That's what i'm interested in seeing from him next; replacing staff members when it comes to that.
he problem with a guy like Napier is that even if he identifies the weak links, he does not have the name recognition to upgrade them with anybody noteworthy. It was the problem golden and Diaz had.

So in the "I've got an army/We've got a Hulk" comparison, here is the Gaytor counter-programming that is running opposite Legends Weekend:

Official Visitors:
---Roderick Kearney, from Jacksonville; Gaytors just gave his friend a PWO offer; "Florida and Florida State are his top 2 schools" ('nuff said).
---Andy Jean
---Justin Jeffereson (JuCo LB)

Unofficial Visitor:
---Bryce Thornton, 3-star S from Alpharetta

Maybe/Maybe Not:
---Daquayvious Sorey from Chipley, FL

Sooooooo impressive...
Andy Jean is taking his OV to the Gator on Legends weekend?

Lol. Dude really should postpone that OV… indefinitely

Advertisement
T

he problem with a guy like Napier is that even if he identifies the weak links, he does not have the name recognition to upgrade them with anybody noteworthy. It was the problem golden and Diaz had.
This 1000 x. This is one thing we saw off the bat and it made us think of the issues Manny had. He doesn’t have the clout to get guys they wouldn’t want on staff like Steele and Strong. Corey Raymond is an outlier. There aren’t more Raymond’s who will be clamoring to get on staff and after a ****** start, it’ll be even harder for him.

View attachment 191756
View attachment 191757
Anthony Anderson Reaction GIF

View attachment 191758
View attachment 191759

Mario is here for the tears as well! Hi, Coach!!!!!!

View attachment 191760

View attachment 191761

View attachment 191762
View attachment 191763
View attachment 191764
"Then, you actually aren't as frustrated as me, Captain Comprehension"

:pgdead::pgdead::pgdead:

Maybe I am just naturally negative but I am not doing a victory dance until at least we get the commitment, right now UF is still selling to him and he can change his mind.
You’re not wrong but their meltdown over this is not recoverable regardless. And their new Head CoRch already penned an open letter.

Advertisement
Have we identified the Gator staff member who was in Omega Psi Phi and is in his mid 30’s???
No the adderall wore off and I was unsuccessful in my search 😔. I’m pretty sure I covered every one north of Lake Okechobee. THERE ARE SO MANY CHICK-FIL-A’s IN THIS STATE.

On a side note, wow are they lacking diversity.

Advertisement
WAAAAAAAHHHH...

View attachment 191828

No, it's more like this:

Miami

---Better Coaching Staff
---Better Place to Live

Roughly Equivalent

---League
---Stadium Experience
---Fan Support
---Facilities
---Education
---TV Exposure
---Competition

Florida

---More NIL Money
---Depth Chart
They can make the league argument I think but on the flip side we have an easier path to the CFB playoffs

Advertisement
Back