Tears Gator Tears

Maybe I’m high..but I’m confused here lol
One of the first things he did was tell a decent recruiting class already in place that they all had to re-audition to be in the class. You don’t come in with no time to recruit and kick out the guys the previous HC left you. You beg them all to stay and get busy on next year’s class. I know this, and any decent HC should know it as well.

Now, the first kid he’s landed for next year is a 3* whose best offer is Umass. That’s not the kind of kid you take this time of year. Maybe if he has a big senior season you give him a look, but he’s not a take in April if you’re at all serious about recruiting.

I haven’t seen the guy coach at this level yet, but he’s not looking good during the off-season. You need to be good at all phases, and he’s not looking good at what he’s tried so far. He looks a lot like some of our past, failed coaches.

So, to sum up, you’re too high right now. Stay safe.

Advertisement
TOC is correct.

Sling Blades’s résumé is far less impressive than their last 3 coaches who failed.

So a far less qualified, and experienced coach is going to be really good? This guy is a major reach by UFailure. Reaches sometimes work out, but usually they don’t. At best he’s just 50-50 that he’s going to be above average.
Sling Blade 😂😂😂
deliverance GIF

Advertisement
Napier could’ve had MULTIPLE JOBS at the P5 level for years..we’ll see what he can do..but dude has good reputation in the coaching community..I watched that UF a spring game..he has a QB. I think Napier Will definitely get talent In Gainesville and his offenses wi be good. They put together a good staff up there. I just think even running at their max capacity..Miami at its max is playoffs annually. UF isnt

He put together a decent middle-of-the-road G5 staff, except for DB. Are you high?

Advertisement
He put together a decent middle-of-the-road G5 staff, except for DB. Are you high?
In recruiting, they’re already questioning Juluke, RB’s coach, who is better than Knox but whoever they brought in would be better than that guy and he should land Webb by default so he’ll look good to some of them. Others know that Baxter is the standard to judge him now after he whiffed on Citizen.

Also Keary Colbert, WR’s coach, is another they have their scopes on. He just took a dude that ran a 12.76 100m as you know and i wouldn’t be shocked if they didn’t make the Final 5 for Hykeem Williams’ official visits.

Sling Blade Billy (“SBB”) has 2 OL coaches and no dedicated on-field QB coach beyond himself. Wasn’t he a WR coach at Bama??? He has a GA off-field as the QB coach. That’s not going to help him recruiting-wise but we’ll see. Maybe someone will like him but the odds are that it was a bad move.

He’ll approach recruiting better than Mullet but Mullet had a reputation for being a QB coach and offense savant. He also had some known P5 coaching names on staff.

I think Corey Raymond will do what he does as long as he’s there. They’ll pick up some other pieces here and there. That said, I don’t see it with the staff he has. This is a learn on the job staff minus Raymond on a big boy level brand whereas our staff is loaded with guys who already learned in their positions on a big boy level.

In recruiting, they’re already questioning Juluke, RB’s coach, who is better than Knox but whoever they brought in would be better than that guy and he should land Webb by default so he’ll look good to some of them. Others know that Baxter is the standard to judge him now after he whiffed on Citizen.

Also Keary Colbert, WR’s coach, is another they have their scopes on. He just took a dude that ran a 12.76 100m as you know and i wouldn’t be shocked if they didn’t make the Final 5 for Hykeem Williams’ official visits.

Sling Blade Billy (“SBB”) has 2 OL coaches and no dedicated on-field QB coach beyond himself. Wasn’t he a WR coach at Bama??? He has a GA off-field as the QB coach. That’s not going to help him recruiting-wise but we’ll see. Maybe someone will like him but the odds are that it was a bad move.

He’ll approach recruiting better than Mullet but Mullet had a reputation for being a QB coach and offense savant. He also had some known P5 coaching names on staff.

I think Corey Raymond will do what he does as long as he’s there. They’ll pick up some other pieces here and there. That said, I don’t see it with the staff he has. This is a learn on the job staff minus Raymond on a big boy level brand whereas our staff is loaded with guys who already learned in their positions on a big boy level.

Agreed. This is similar to the Golden hire. A coach with a limited semi successful HC track record at a lower level. He’s kind of like an empty vessel. There was a general feeling in CFB that he was one of the G5 “up and comers”. Which is nice, but no guarantee of success.

Right now the weakness that is most glaring is obviously his recruiting.

If we’re having the same types of conversations next year it’s not going to look good for them in the slightest. He might be one of those stubborn mule heads that thinks his evaluations trump stars, so highly rated players don’t matter. We both know that you have to have a combination of both factors - highly rated players vetted by excellent evaluations.

Additionally, we don’t know what kind of a P5 coach he’s going to be at the P5 level. Is he a good game day coach at this level? Can he prepare athletes at this level for the weekly grind?

I’ll add one more point, forget Mario ever existed and imagine if we had sling blade Billy, and he had had accomplished for us so far exactly what he’s accomplished so far for the turds? This place would be in open revolt.

VERDICT: HE SUCKS!

Its crazy/funny how the fan bases differ on reading a kid on his recruitment. Regarding Baxter, we’re convinced he’s ours. Then u got these turds swearing its between them and a&m, with no mention of us even in the picture. Lol

Advertisement
Napier could’ve had MULTIPLE JOBS at the P5 level for years..we’ll see what he can do..but dude has good reputation in the coaching community..I watched that UF a spring game..he has a QB. I think Napier Will definitely get talent In Gainesville and his offenses wi be good. They put together a good staff up there. I just think even running at their max capacity..Miami at its max is playoffs annually. UF isnt

Who is his qb? AR15? Admittedly, the kid is athletically gifted but I would hardly pronounce him a bonafied starter.

Advertisement
Advertisement
Back