Tears Gator Tears

View attachment 133027
HTF they got these two turds on the list and not the long snapper...I mean the guy is rated a 4* the same as them AND they couldn't play without him...I mean he snaps the ball,then runs out for the pass and then after that he goes to the other side of the ball and plays LBer...just goes to show these list mean nothing..

Advertisement
True, but Tennessee wasn't Clemson and Peyton dropped a few games. Peyton also had the burden of his father's shadow.

I don't believe the Heisman voters chose not to vote for Peyton because of Archie. I think it was more about the "golden boy" stuff and the concept that he SHOULD win the Heisman. Just like on CIS, there are a lot of contrarians among the Heisman voters.

I admire Lawrence, I just think he COULD suffer some of the same contrarian blowback.

I don't believe the Heisman voters chose not to vote for Peyton because of Archie. I think it was more about the "golden boy" stuff and the concept that he SHOULD win the Heisman. Just like on CIS, there are a lot of contrarians among the Heisman voters.

I admire Lawrence, I just think he COULD suffer some of the same contrarian blowback.
If Arch Manning doesn't come here as was predicted in another thread, the entire reason is because of the negative connotation of Miami affecting his Heisman odds.

* Tongue in cheek.

This is not a new quagmire. You get the lifetime achievement award voters vs the guy who actually had the best/most valuable/ most significant current year voters, which IMO, is what it’s supposed to be about.

This year will be really unique. They probably wont weigh stats as much since not everybody will have the same amount of games and coaches have to try and play others to get them ready in case of Covid situations. If any year, this should be the year when they give it to the best player

Advertisement
Trevor Lawrence has been too good for too long not to leave college with a Heisman. I'm sure every voter knows that him not getting one at all would cheapen the award. Short of injury or a comlete collapse, there's no way he won't get one this year.

regardless of whe
It seems long but he only has one full year as a starter.

Lmao , You guys literally spoke those two into the Heisman race. The Tongue is powerful. lmao

The Gaytor rats take the cheese every single time.

I guarantee you that they will find SOME poll (and at least one idiot writer) that will give an early Heisman vote to the long snapper once he enrolls next year.

Advertisement
Wasn’t Pitts excluded from the Mackey award because a majority of his snaps were at the WR position?

No, the Gaytor had the Florida governator and a top DC lobbying firm contact/threaten the Mackey Award people to change their rules, or else all voters would be permanently barred from crossing the Florida border. Pitts is also eligible for the Outland Trophy as long as he doesn't take too many snaps as a slot WR which, as you know, does not line up on the line.

Advertisement
8A1ACD63-BA83-49BA-9176-1B4F94C0C0E4.jpeg

34A4850B-43DD-435F-B4DE-43ADCE056B7C.png
FBE80D6A-CAA2-4D67-AD98-ECCDCFC03F85.jpeg
3DD486AE-5980-42F1-8505-62755A784681.jpeg
D185BCDC-9CF0-4B3F-9089-DDFBEDC7BD42.png
1F85329A-325D-4DB8-A2A1-078F8F4758F2.jpeg
8C574790-724B-496A-A8EE-079F54F917BB.jpeg
00F79154-4F7A-4953-8FA3-DBD626864575.jpeg

Advertisement
Advertisement
Back