Tears Gator Tears

Advertisement
That's the thing with UF. Bright Futures ensured there would be a ready supply of academically gifted students going to Florida public colleges. That enabled UF to become more exclusive, which gave them better students, which improved their academics.

Bright Futures makes UF a no brainer for a good student with a GPA > 4.1-4.5

Advertisement
TrumpyCane has been banned from Gainesville

The tears were too much and TrumpyCane appreciates all the support

TrumpyCane will be back there at the opportune time to have the tears flow once more
6ED6A0F0-F295-4DF5-B481-0BF93FF82A61.gif

There are a very few out there who are physically attracted to farm animals and UiF provides a much bigger talent pool for them

i knew a ton of kids from my HS that ended up at UF (HS in miami). a lot just wanna get the bleep out of the house and away from their parents.

That's the thing with UF. Bright Futures ensured there would be a ready supply of academically gifted students going to Florida public colleges. That enabled UF to become more exclusive, which gave them better students, which improved their academics.

Bright Futures makes UF a no brainer for a good student with a GPA > 4.1-4.5
Exactly. I know admission standards have gotten tougher across the board at Florida universities since I was in high school but like 1/4 of my graduating class went to UFail. It's not like it was some incredible achievement.

Advertisement
And I quote:

Alabama Accredited Law Schools
1. The University of Alabama School of Law
The University Of Alabama School Of Law is the only public law school in Alabama.

Demand AND Supply.
True.

And I'm all Miami Law so **** them anyway.

Exactly. I know admission standards have gotten tougher across the board at Florida universities since I was in high school but like 1/4 of my graduating class went to UFail. It's not like it was some incredible achievement.
I don't know when you graduated, but back in the eighties, it was very common around here for people to go off to UF all excited and come home a term or two later because they partied instead of studied. I had a higher opinion of FSU than UF back then just because of that.

Bright Futures helped UF a lot.

Advertisement
I don't know when you graduated, but back in the eighties, it was very common around here for people to go off to UF all excited and come home a term or two later because they partied instead of studied. I had a higher opinion of FSU than UF back then just because of that.

even when my cousins attended UF it was like that. right around the mid 2000s, they became way more selective in their admissions process and now its essentially top 5% or high gpa to get in (outside of other factors such as legacy). they get so many applicants yearly

Advertisement

I graduated in 1997. To be fair, at the time UF had the hardest admission standards of the Florida public schools. But it's not like you had to be valedictorian to get in. Essentially if you were an A/B student with a SAT score over 1100. You were almost guaranteed admittance. Also at the time the high school grade scale was A:100-95 B:94-85 C:84-75 and so on so getting A's wasn't as easy as it is now. I was the king of the 84% C+ in high school. Thus my choice of UCF for University.

even when my cousins attended UF it was like that. right around the mid 2000s, they became way more selective in their admissions process and now its essentially top 5% or high gpa to get in (outside of other factors such as legacy). they get so many applicants yearly

Its the same here in Massachusetts. UMass used to be a safety school by all accounts but with the rise in tuition of private schools, more and more top applicants began applying to the state's "flagship" public university.

As an example, one of my siblings was accepted to both UMass Amherst and Boston University, both solid schools but the price tag for UMass was ~40K/year lower (in-state tuition). Full athletic scholarships aside, choosing which college to attend really needs to be an ROI discussion. Using my examples above, is a degree from BU worth 160K more than UMass (the gap is higher when you factor student loan interest)? Definitely not...

@TrumpyCane they deleted ALL of your comments on their little meth board. 😂😂😂 you done ****ed demps off!!! 😭😭😭 I never liked his ***, and she didn't like his ad when he played for New England (assuming that's the same Jeff Demps that ran track and played football for the gaytor).

I mean, they deleted EVERYTHING

Advertisement
Back