Tears Gator Tears

I agree. I thought his testing numbers were fine but Thomas Goldkûnt at 247 wrote an article about his blazing 40 at the combine. Just breaking a 4.5 as a DB is good but I wouldn't call it blazing.

Goldkamp wrote that while eating his Whopper from BK

Advertisement
But but but Mullen.....

I know this a Gators bashing thread but I'm very opinionated about the draft.

Gardener is top 40, potentially 30, pick. Wouldnt be surpised if he snuck into the 1st. The NFL values guys who can play dual-positions and he plays slot CB and FS pretty well. He finally put it together after being inconsistent for most of his career and those numbers at the combine solidified it.

Do you though? Because it doesn't sound like you do.

Advertisement
Advertisement
Advertisement
Holy shiit that stupid gator has franks better than fields and jalen hurts? What a clown. And Emory Jones better than fields?? That list almost gave me a heart attack I was laughing so hard. Jesus they’re on another level of dumb
I learned from that list if I want my son to be a good quarterback his name should start with a J.

I know this a Gators bashing thread but I'm very opinionated about the draft.

Gardener is top 40, potentially 30, pick. Wouldnt be surpised if he snuck into the 1st. The NFL values guys who can play dual-positions and he plays slot CB and FS pretty well. He finally put it together after being inconsistent for most of his career and those numbers at the combine solidified it.
Here’s a quick note on Gardener... he’s a massive headcase. I agree he’s an elite talent. He’s also bat**** crazy. That’s a huge 8 million reasons to pass on him as a first round pick. It’s not a secret in football circles. I guess we’ll see how elite he really is. 🤷‍♂️

Advertisement
Nope. Wrong.

Straight-line speed would be great if he was a WR or CB. Running a fast 40 is not elevating him 2 rounds in the draft when he's a safety.

Running fast is not "putting it together". The guy avoids contact, which is not great for a safety.

Third rounder.

You can be as "opinionated" as you want, but you're still wrong. And, yes, I realize that Gruden might blow my argument by falling in love with the kid and drafting him with one of his three first-round draft picks, but Chauncey is not a first round talent.

Third round, at best.
Aight bruh. I dont follow or listen to pundits. I watch tape and follow people who are usually spot on in their evaluations. I know what I'm talking about or at least have an idea.

The combine was confirmation that he wasnt as stiff as he seemed at times and taller than most expected. Not just speed.

Avoids contact? You sound like our fans when I said Derwin James was a top 10 talent. Dont know what you're talking about. UF isnt asking a 200 lbs DB to play near the LOS if he isnt physical and avoids contact. Check out his LSU tape if you'd like.

Advertisement
Back