Tears Gator Tears

OK, so this dipsh!te Gaytor claims that this Chauncey character is the "best safety in the draft" and the worst-case scenario is early 2nd round, and another Gaytor claims he is going in the first round based solely on breaking 4.5 in the 40.

Riiiight.

7th best safety. Projected 3-4 round:

6th best safety. Projected 3rd round:

Not in the top 5 safeties:

4th best safety:

4th best safety:

3rd best safety (and Jaquan is #2):

#55 pick (low second round):

Advertisement
From the Anthony Richardson Twitter thread...

Advertisement
Advertisement
OK, so this dipsh!te Gaytor claims that this Chauncey character is the "best safety in the draft" and the worst-case scenario is early 2nd round, and another Gaytor claims he is going in the first round based solely on breaking 4.5 in the 40.

Riiiight.

7th best safety. Projected 3-4 round:

6th best safety. Projected 3rd round:

Not in the top 5 safeties:

4th best safety:

4th best safety:

3rd best safety (and Jaquan is #2):

#55 pick (low second round):

I know this a Gators bashing thread but I'm very opinionated about the draft.

Gardener is top 40, potentially 30, pick. Wouldnt be surpised if he snuck into the 1st. The NFL values guys who can play dual-positions and he plays slot CB and FS pretty well. He finally put it together after being inconsistent for most of his career and those numbers at the combine solidified it.

Advertisement

Gardener is top 40, potentially 30, pick. Wouldnt be surpised if he snuck into the 1st. The NFL values guys who can play dual-positions and he plays slot CB and FS pretty well. He finally put it together after being inconsistent for most of his career and those numbers at the combine solidified it.

His measurables are no doubt good and his testing numbers good as well but put the game tape on and watch

Nope. Wrong.

Straight-line speed would be great if he was a WR or CB. Running a fast 40 is not elevating him 2 rounds in the draft when he's a safety.

Running fast is not "putting it together". The guy avoids contact, which is not great for a safety.

Third rounder.

You can be as "opinionated" as you want, but you're still wrong. And, yes, I realize that Gruden might blow my argument by falling in love with the kid and drafting him with one of his three first-round draft picks, but Chauncey is not a first round talent.

Third round, at best.

2nd Round IMO

Advertisement
His measurables are no doubt good and his testing numbers good as well but put the game tape on and watch
I agree. I thought his testing numbers were fine but Thomas Goldkûnt at 247 wrote an article about his blazing 40 at the combine. Just breaking a 4.5 as a DB is good but I wouldn't call it blazing.

Advertisement
Back