Tears Gator Tears

Nattiel's cousin is a Cane fan. He posts on here from time to time.

Edit: @nattiel305 beat me to it. Nattiel was a solid player who had injuries...but they do have a lot of busts

And, with all due respect to nattiel305, this is exactly what I said. It was other guys who said "bust bust bust".

In addition to Collinsworth, I said that Chandler and Nattiel had respectable NFL careers. I may hate the Gaytors, but I am also honest.

At the same time, think about it...Ricky Nattiel is probably the last Gaytor WR to have a solid career. I know that Racist Riley had a couple of good years in Philly, and Reidel and Jacquez had a couple of good years with the Bucs, but, literally, Ricky Nattiel is the last Gaytor WR to do some solid stuff.

And Collinsworth and Chandler were even older than Nattiel.

Advertisement
And, with all due respect to nattiel305, this is exactly what I said. It was other guys who said "bust bust bust".

In addition to Collinsworth, I said that Chandler and Nattiel had respectable NFL careers. I may hate the Gaytors, but I am also honest.

At the same time, think about it...Ricky Nattiel is probably the last Gaytor WR to have a solid career. I know that Racist Riley had a couple of good years in Philly, and Reidel and Jacquez had a couple of good years with the Bucs, but, literally, Ricky Nattiel is the last Gaytor WR to do some solid stuff.

And Collinsworth and Chandler were even older than Nattiel.

I hate the Gators as much as the next guy but there have been many Gator WRs with respectable NFL careers. Vomit.

I hate the Gators as much as the next guy but there have been many Gator WRs with respectable NFL careers. Vomit.

I only question your use of the word "many".

A few? Yes. Many? That is just going too far.

As I pointed out, the best THREE were pre-Spurrier.

And think about this. If the Gaytors had churned out some great WRs while Urban Myth was the coach (and Mullet was on staff), then at least someone could make a reasonable argument that Mullet will be able to do the same soon.

But all Urban managed to do was to unleash Racist Riley on the world, while looking the other way on Percy and Aaron. And then Percy did a whole lot of nothing in the NFL.

Sorry, but only an idiot would buy what Mullet is selling. Until he proves otherwise. Mullet might win a few games, but how many of Urban Myth's players were great offensive skill position guys who did anything in the NFL? By track record, Mullet/Myth didn't develop a lot of NFL-worthy offensive skill position talent, and there is nothing wrong with pointing that out.

No you slack jawed ****** I said Grimes was a beast and his 5 star rating and first round talent reflects that. I'm sorry you can't see that. As far as Van Jefferson goes.. Don't know much about the dude tbh.

I know this dude banned now but just caught up on this thread from the last time I read.

Grimes is overrated and has been for years. Gators always been notorious for overrating average to decent players. Nothing new.

Advertisement
I know this dude banned now but just caught up on this thread from the last time I read.

Grimes is overrated and has been for years. Gators always been notorious for overrating average to decent players. Nothing new.
He's *** cheeks lol buddy couldn't play at ou so he transfers for less competition

For the life of me I just cannot understand why players play for Ufag. I asked my cousin this and he says for the education part I get that, but those folks are just too racist for me. They put up with it to get what they have to get done. Better them than me. Sorry guys just wanted to rant a little. Go canes!

Wasn't Kermit da toad bragging about how UF might not even have room for Pierre because they were going to land Shane Lee, top-100 LB and teammate of their 3* QB commit?

Shane Lee, predictably, just committed to Bama.

Time for a new mock class probably

For the life of me I just cannot understand why players play for Ufag. I asked my cousin this and he says for the education part I get that, but those folks are just too racist for me. They put up with it to get what they have to get done. Better them than me. Sorry guys just wanted to rant a little. Go canes!

That was how it was back in the day, but since the Shalala era Miami is better academically than Florida and I know a lot of people that got into UF, but not UM.

Advertisement

To echo what Original Gator Hater said, "the education" has to be addressed.

I am considered an alum of both UM and UF. UF has become so enormous that "the education" largely depends upon what school/college to which you are admitted.

When I lived in Gainesville for a year, one of the Business Law professors had his class lectures broadcast on the local cable channel, and a lot of his students would just watch from home rather than go to class (the class-size for some of these courses can be HUGE).

Meanwhile, at Miami, I think that the biggest classrooms that I ever saw (for undergrad) were 150, and those were for freshman level science classes. The vast majority of classrooms at Miami are in the 40-60 seat range.

You get what you pay for. Maybe when Ricky Nattiel went to school, there was more of a "UF-quality-premium", but not any longer.

I can’t figure out how to upload screen shots (file too large) but during warmups at UF spring game they showed a graphic under Franks that read:

“7 games with 100+ passing yards
1 with 200+ (212 van Tennessee)”

Gotta hand it to ESPN.

Maybe after his injury but that kid was beasting on everyone at the camps before he went to OSU. Looked like Hightower tbh....Can't believe he's too dumb to pick a team that has an actual QB. He went from Jake Allen at STA, to Braxton Miller, back to Jake Allen at UF.

Advertisement
Maybe after his injury but that kid was beasting on everyone at the camps before he went to OSU. Looked like Hightower tbh....Can't believe he's too dumb to pick a team that has an actual QB. He went from Jake Allen at STA, to Braxton Miller, back to Jake Allen at UF.

Jake Allen is leaving UF.

Advertisement
Believe me. He’s always been overrated. Shirts and shorts guy. I mean he’s not bad but he was rated wayyyy too high.

Former Gaytor football player sentenced to 22 years in prison for healthcare fraud...

Former NFL, UF player Monty Grow gets 22 years in prison for fraud
The Associated Press

A former NFL and University of Florida football player has been sentenced to nearly 22 years in prison for a health care fraud scheme that prosecutors say bilked the federal government out of about $20 million.

Federal court records show that 46-year-old Monty Grow was sentenced Monday and ordered to pay about $18 million in restitution.

Grow was convicted earlier this year on 17 counts of health care fraud and money laundering in a kickback scheme from Patient Care America, a South Florida compounding pharmacy.

Prosecutors say Grow got millions in illegal payments for recruiting patients who were covered by the Tricare health insurance program for the U.S. Department of Defense, which services veterans.

From 2014 to 2015, Grow and his network of hired sales representatives referred hundreds of TRICARE patients to PCA, a Broward County pharmacy, according to Grow's indictment.

"Evidence at trial established that Grow targeted Tricare beneficiaries and induced them to order expensive drugs they did not need by paying them either directly for their own prescriptions or indirectly for those of their family and friends," a Department of Justice news release said.

Also named as part of Grow’s scheme, among others, was his former University of Florida teammate, 47-year-old Shane Matthews, who was paid $440,000 to connect Grow’s reps with TRICARE patients.

Matthews, who also played for several NFL teams during his 14-year career, was sentenced earlier in February to three months in prison for his role.

Grow played two NFL seasons with the Jacksonville Jaguars and Kansas City Chiefs. From 1989 until 1993 he was a linebacker for the Florida Gators.

UFelons love a good fraud scheme. They learn in school with small time stuff like credit card fraud, then go on to bigger frauds like this. Nice of him to work in one of the all-time great (by their weak standards) gaytes QBs.

Advertisement
Back