Tears Gator Tears

Advertisement
there is no such thing as a wide receiver out of florida that is a beast

check their history
Is their best ever WR that terrible color analyst on Sunday Night Football? Or the lil dude with the migraines that punked Urban? That's the list right? Bums.

Welp, here's the first Gaytor flip prediction I've seen. Do we want Josiah Pierre? This was predicted before the weekend. Did he flip?

Capture+_2018-04-15-07-21-00.png
Capture+_2018-04-15-07-22-12.png

Is their best ever WR that terrible color analyst on Sunday Night Football? Or the lil dude with the migraines that punked Urban? That's the list right? Bums.

Below are the best UF WRs of all-time (as of 2012, stolen from Alligator Alley).

By the way, Wes Chandler was pretty darn good for the Air Coryell offense of the San Diego Chargers. SD traded for Chandler once they got rid of one of my all-time favorites, John Jefferson, after a contact dispute.

Ricky Nattiel was one of the Three Amigos with the Denver Broncos early in Elway's career, but Nattiel only played 6 seasons in Denver (I can't remember if it was injuries that cut things short).

A couple of the Spurrier WRs had a few good years at Tampa Bay.

And Collinsworth. He's the only truly great NFL player on that entire list.

Jun 27, 2012
The candidates (rate them 1-5):

WIDE RECEIVERS:

BUBBA CALDWELL: Caldwell broke Carlos Alvarez's career record for catches in 2007 and caught 57 passes for six touchdowns on Florida's 2006 national championship team. Career numbers are 185 catches, 2,349 yards, 16 touchdowns.

CARLOS ALVAREZ: His 1969 season (88 catches, 1,329 yards, 12 touchdowns) is still the standard of consistency by which all UF receivers are judged. The Cuban Comet's numbers were 172 catches, 2,563 yards, 19 touchdowns. First team All-America 1969; First team All-SEC 1969, second team 1971.

WILLIE JACKSON: The last player signed in 1990 out of P.K. Yonge, Jackson finished his UF career with 162 catches, 2,172 yards, 24 touchdowns. First team All-SEC 1992, second team 1991.

DALLAS BAKER: Baker went from team clown his first two years to become the leading receiver on Florida's 2006 national championship team. For his career 151 catches, 2,236 yards; 21 touchdowns. First team All-SEC 2006.

CHRIS DOERING: A walk-on who made good, Doering caught 70 passes for 1,045 yards and 17 touchdowns in 1995. For his career 149 catches, 2,107 yards and SEC record 31 touchdowns. Second team All-America 1995; First team All-SEC 1995.

JACK JACKSON: Jackson's best season was 1994 when he caught 57 passes for 855 yards and 15 touchdowns. Career numbers 143 catches, 2,266 yards and 29 touchdowns. First team All-America 1994. First team All-SEC 1994, second team 1993.

JABAR GAFFNEY: His numbers are incredible considering he played only two seasons (redshirt in 1999) before going to the pros. Career numbers are 138 catches, 2,375 yards, 27 touchdowns. First team All-America 2001; third team 2000. First team All-SEC 2000-01.

PERCY HARVIN: Harvin is the most versatile wide receiver and the most dynamic playmaker in UF history. Career numbers are 133 catches, 1,929 yards, 13 touchdowns; rushed for 1,852 yards (9.5 per carry) and 19 touchdowns. First team All-America 2007-08. First team All-SEC 2007-08.

RICHARD TRAPP: Trapp made the greatest run in UF history when he got hit by 10 Georgia tacklers as he wove his way to a 70-yard touchdown as the Gators sprung the upset. Career numbers 132 catches, 1,783 yards, 10 touchdowns. First team All-SEC 1966-67.

REIDEL ANTHONY: He had 72 catches for 1,293 yards and 18 touchdowns on Florida's 1996 national championship team. Career numbers 126 catches, 2,274 yards, 26 touchdowns. First team All-America 1996. First team All-SEC 1996.

IKE HILLIARD: His stop and go touchdown run against FSU in the 1996 national championship game still rates among the two or three best plays in UF history. Career numbers 126 catches, 2,214 yards, 29 touchdowns. First team All-America 1996. First team All-SEC 1995, second team 1996.

CHARLEY CASEY: Casey was Florida's first All-American wide receiver. Career numbers 123 catches, 1,612 yards, 13 touchdowns. First team All-America 1965. First team All-SEC 1964-65.

TRAVIS MCGRIFF: He had a brilliant 1998 when he caught 70 passes for a school record 1,357 yards and 10 touchdowns. Career numbers 123 catches, 2,057 yards, 14 touchdowns. Third team All-America 1998. First team All-SEC 1998.

CRIS COLLINSWORTH: Collinsworth went from a quarterback who couldn't throw to a consistently outstanding wide receiver. Career numbers were 120 catches, 1,937 yards, 14 touchdowns. First team All-America 1980. First team All-America 1980; second team 1978. First team All-SEC 1978-80.

RICKY NATTIEL: His 96-yard touchdown catch on a pass from Kerwin Bell against Georgia in 1984 ranks as one of the top three or four plays ever in the Florida-Georgia game. Career numbers 117 catches, 2,086 yards, 18 touchdowns. Second team All-America 1985. First team All-SEC 1986.

JACQUEZ GREEN: Most people remember him best for that 62-yard reception against FSU in 1997. Career numbers 113 catches, 2,181 yards, 23 touchdowns. Also returned four punts for touchdowns in his career. First team All-America 1997. First team All-SEC 1997.

WES CHANDLER: You could just about triple his numbers if he had played for Steve Spurrier. 90 catches, 1,963 yards, 22 touchdowns playing for a wishbone team. First team All-America 1976-77. First team All-SEC 1976-77.

Below are the best UF WRs of all-time (as of 2012, stolen from Alligator Alley).

By the way, Wes Chandler was pretty darn good for the Air Coryell offense of the San Diego Chargers. SD traded for Chandler once they got rid of one of my all-time favorites, John Jefferson, after a contact dispute.

Ricky Nattiel was one of the Three Amigos with the Denver Broncos early in Elway's career, but Nattiel only played 6 seasons in Denver (I can't remember if it was injuries that cut things short).

Jun 27, 2012

WIDE RECEIVERS:

BUBBA CALDWELL: Caldwell broke Carlos Alvarez's career record for catches in 2007 and caught 57 passes for six touchdowns on Florida's 2006 national championship team. Career numbers are 185 catches, 2,349 yards, 16 touchdowns.

CARLOS ALVAREZ: His 1969 season (88 catches, 1,329 yards, 12 touchdowns) is still the standard of consistency by which all UF receivers are judged. The Cuban Comet's numbers were 172 catches, 2,563 yards, 19 touchdowns. First team All-America 1969; First team All-SEC 1969, second team 1971.

WILLIE JACKSON: The last player signed in 1990 out of P.K. Yonge, Jackson finished his UF career with 162 catches, 2,172 yards, 24 touchdowns. First team All-SEC 1992, second team 1991.

DALLAS BAKER: Baker went from team clown his first two years to become the leading receiver on Florida's 2006 national championship team. For his career 151 catches, 2,236 yards; 21 touchdowns. First team All-SEC 2006.

CHRIS DOERING: A walk-on who made good, Doering caught 70 passes for 1,045 yards and 17 touchdowns in 1995. For his career 149 catches, 2,107 yards and SEC record 31 touchdowns. Second team All-America 1995; First team All-SEC 1995.

JACK JACKSON: Jackson's best season was 1994 when he caught 57 passes for 855 yards and 15 touchdowns. Career numbers 143 catches, 2,266 yards and 29 touchdowns. First team All-America 1994. First team All-SEC 1994, second team 1993.

JABAR GAFFNEY: His numbers are incredible considering he played only two seasons (redshirt in 1999) before going to the pros. Career numbers are 138 catches, 2,375 yards, 27 touchdowns. First team All-America 2001; third team 2000. First team All-SEC 2000-01.

PERCY HARVIN: Harvin is the most versatile wide receiver and the most dynamic playmaker in UF history. Career numbers are 133 catches, 1,929 yards, 13 touchdowns; rushed for 1,852 yards (9.5 per carry) and 19 touchdowns. First team All-America 2007-08. First team All-SEC 2007-08.

RICHARD TRAPP: Trapp made the greatest run in UF history when he got hit by 10 Georgia tacklers as he wove his way to a 70-yard touchdown as the Gators sprung the upset. Career numbers 132 catches, 1,783 yards, 10 touchdowns. First team All-SEC 1966-67.

REIDEL ANTHONY: He had 72 catches for 1,293 yards and 18 touchdowns on Florida's 1996 national championship team. Career numbers 126 catches, 2,274 yards, 26 touchdowns. First team All-America 1996. First team All-SEC 1996.

IKE HILLIARD: His stop and go touchdown run against FSU in the 1996 national championship game still rates among the two or three best plays in UF history. Career numbers 126 catches, 2,214 yards, 29 touchdowns. First team All-America 1996. First team All-SEC 1995, second team 1996.

CHARLEY CASEY: Casey was Florida's first All-American wide receiver. Career numbers 123 catches, 1,612 yards, 13 touchdowns. First team All-America 1965. First team All-SEC 1964-65.

TRAVIS MCGRIFF: He had a brilliant 1998 when he caught 70 passes for a school record 1,357 yards and 10 touchdowns. Career numbers 123 catches, 2,057 yards, 14 touchdowns. Third team All-America 1998. First team All-SEC 1998.

CRIS COLLINSWORTH: Collinsworth went from a quarterback who couldn't throw to a consistently outstanding wide receiver. Career numbers were 120 catches, 1,937 yards, 14 touchdowns. First team All-America 1980. First team All-America 1980; second team 1978. First team All-SEC 1978-80.

RICKY NATTIEL: His 96-yard touchdown catch on a pass from Kerwin Bell against Georgia in 1984 ranks as one of the top three or four plays ever in the Florida-Georgia game. Career numbers 117 catches, 2,086 yards, 18 touchdowns. Second team All-America 1985. First team All-SEC 1986.

JACQUEZ GREEN: Most people remember him best for that 62-yard reception against FSU in 1997. Career numbers 113 catches, 2,181 yards, 23 touchdowns. Also returned four punts for touchdowns in his career. First team All-America 1997. First team All-SEC 1997.

WES CHANDLER: You could just about triple his numbers if he had played for Steve Spurrier. 90 catches, 1,963 yards, 22 touchdowns playing for a wishbone team. First team All-America 1976-77. First team All-SEC 1976-77.

bust

bust

bust

bust

bust

bust

bust

bust

bust

Advertisement
When the Gators won their title in '08 with Heart Attack, they had the highest arrest record in the country. The highest.

Our 80's teams never even got close to the trouble Urbans teams had. JJ and Schnelly wouldn't stand for it.

Plus, Aaron Hernandez. You know, the murderer?

So, as far as I am concerned, the Florida Gators are permanently disqualified from talking about 'ThugU'. If anyone is ThugU, its them.

As for throwing 'Shapiro' out there, well, the Gators had Charley Pell AND Galen Hall. So much for speaking out of moral superioriry. Unlike Shapiro, who was a rogue booster, Pell and Hall were coaches.

UF's football history is a history of failure. Both coaches that won an NC for them, they ran out of town. Their players have essentially been busts in the NFL except Emmitt Smith. The quality QB's that fell into their lap, such as Cam Newton and Grier, transferred.

They have more money, a bigger alumni, a public school and they beat us once in 30 years.

They gave up 28 points in a quarter and a half to us in 2003, in the worst choke I have ever seen, by a quarterback we took from them.

They lost to Al Golden, the worst modern coach we've ever had.

The Gators are a legacy of a lolcow. Other than RB, there is no position a Gator player played better than a Miami player.

**** them. I will be in Orlando in 2019 personally to watch them suffer. And I will be laughing in the faces of Gator fans as it happens.

Those ******** **** me off so much.

"FSU is the biggest rival."

- Yeah 'cause you stopped playing us, chicken****.

"I hope FSU beats Miami so we can win the Florida Cup!"

-There is no Florida Cup. Because you stopped playing us. You don't hear us spewing that nonsense just because you're scared to play us.

"Miami is irrelevant. We dont NEED to play them."

-Yeah, the reason you stopped playing us was PRECISELY for that reason.

"Miami fans arent real fans, most of the people who root for them didn't even go to the school, and they never show up!"

-**** you, and tell that to Notre Dame

Last edited:
Advertisement
When the Gators won their title in '08 with Heart Attack, they had the highest arrest record in the country. The highest.

Our 80's teams never even got close to the trouble Urbans teams had. JJ and Schnelly wouldn't stand for it.

Plus, Aaron Hernandez. You know, the murderer?

So, as far as I am concerned, the Florida Gators are permanently disqualified from talking about 'ThugU'. If anyone is ThugU, its them.

As for throwing 'Shapiro' out there, well, the Gators had Charley Pell AND Galen Hall. So much for speaking out of moral superioriry. Unlike Shapiro, who was a rogue booster, Pell and Hall were coaches.

UF's football history is a history of failure. Both coaches that won an NC for them, they ran out of town. Their players have essentially been busts in the NFL except Emmitt Smith. The quality QB's that fell into their lap, such as Cam Newton and Grier, transferred.

They have more money, a bigger alumni, a public school and they beat us once in 30 years.

They gave up 28 points in a quarter and a half to us in 2003, in the worst choke I have ever seen, by a quarterback we took from them.

They lost to Al Golden, the worst modern coach we've ever had.

The Gators are a legacy of a lolcow. Other than RB, there is no position a Gator player played better than a Miami player.

**** them. I will be in Orlando in 2019 personally to watch them suffer. And I will be laughing in the faces of Gator fans as it happens.

Those ******** **** me off so much.

"FSU is the biggest rival."

- Yeah 'cause you stopped playing us, chicken****.

"I hope FSU beats Miami so we can win the Florida Cup!"

-There is no Florida Cup. Because you stopped playing us. You don't hear us spewing that nonsense just because you're scared to play us.

"Miami is irrelevant. We dont NEED to play them."

-Yeah, the reason you stopped playing us was PRECISELY for that reason.

"Miami fans arent real fans, most of the people who root for them didn't even go to the school, and they never show up!"

-**** you, and tell that to Notre Dame

I know it's early, but I'm giving this my vote for Post Of The Year®.

I know it's early, but I'm giving this my vote for Post Of The Year®.

Sorry XD Its just everytime I hear from them and hear about them I burst into flames. They act like they are too good to be in the same room with us.

At least with FSU, there is a mutual understanding. Yes, we hate each other, but at there is a respect that they are a worthy enemy.

Wasnt there an FSU player that was quoted saying FSU vs Miami is a real rivalry, and the Gators are a joke?

Sorry XD Its just everytime I hear from them and hear about them I burst into flames. They act like they are too good to be in the same room with us.

At least with FSU, there is a mutual understanding. Yes, we hate each other, but at there is a respect that they are a worthy enemy.

Wasnt there an FSU player that was quoted saying FSU vs Miami is a real rivalry, and the Gators are a joke?

FSU isnt a worthy enemy. They are a fraudulent program who rode our coat tails to relevance.

This entire post is EXACTLY why Gator Tears is nearing 1,000,000 page views.

Advertisement

Jalen Ramsey said it

That's a true statement so I'd assume it was a Miami player who said it.

Advertisement
lets calm down with this bust stuff. Ricky Nattiel aka supernat is my cousin, so respect. he is no bust just had knee injuries. before that he put on for his c

Jun 27, 2012

WIDE RECEIVERS:

Nattiel's cousin is a Cane fan. He posts on here from time to time.

Edit: @nattiel305 beat me to it. Nattiel was a solid player who had injuries...but they do have a lot of busts

Last edited:
Advertisement
Back