Gary Ferman Interviews Swasey

Nothing is funnier than the image of incompetent Swasey locked outside the Hecht screaming incorrect fitness advice at the window.
When I mentioned him pantomiming instructions through the window, I pictured him pointing at his rounded back that looked like a scared cat's back and completely unbent knees and screaming "do it like this!!!!" while guys were deadlifting.

Advertisement
Typical ****ty journalism from that assbag.

It also didn't help Swasey's cause that he struggled to pass an NCAA mandated certification course for strength coaches this past season, preventing him from personally working with the team in his weight room.

"I don't think that had anything to do with it, not from what I was told," he said.

Swasey says he's not upset about getting let go. He wants to dwell on all the great memories from the day he took over in 1997.

How long could he not workout the team? News to me that he took over in '97.

He also listed a lot of players from many years ago as those who come and work out. I told you all that those numbers were down, not many NFL'ers around anymore.

I am honestly not a huge fan of the man's tactics, but this was honestly a very solid article. He essentially just broke the news that our strength coach couldn't work out with the team in the weight room. That is a huge news. I think he should've focused more on that part of things, but you have to remember he is not some journalist with a large newspaper's name behind him if he catches flak for an article that is negative against someone. What do you want him to do? Trash the guy in an exclusive interview? If he did that individuals who would agree to future interviews would evaporate.

If anything, we should be asking where were our beat writers with picking up on this information.

As for Swasey, what the heck did he think was going to happen if he couldn't pass the necessary certification AND a new coach comes in? This is just great news in the sense that no matter whether you like Swasey, or do not like Swasey, we have a complete new voice in our program. From the top man to the S & C department, we have a new voice.

The S & C spends more time with these individual players than the head coach does. You cannot understate the value of a great S & C to your program and instilling the culture you want to instill.

The thing is, as I said in a post above, that is by far the biggest news in that piece. It really requires more clarification.

Yeah, and I agreed when I said, "if anything, he should've focused more on that part."

It blows my mind that no one reported on this before now.

Advertisement
The thing is, as I said in a post above, that is by far the biggest news in that piece. It really requires more clarification.

Yeah, and I agreed when I said, "if anything, he should've focused more on that part."

It blows my mind that no one reported on this before now.

I bet if he was white, that would have been widely reported .... </sarc, or not?>

In hindsight, I now look at the baseball and basketball programs bringing in their own S&C coaches and wonder
if those coaches saw a need that Swasey's staff wasn't addressing?

Maybe it was the need for the S&C guy to have access to the weight room?

image.jpg

Advertisement
So if Swasey is the strength coach for the entire AD, does that mean Larranaga told him to **** off and hired his own? Laff laff laff

After reading that piece, I have more questions than answers/info.

How so? What questions are you thinking of? Just curious as to your thoughts.

I mean, if Swasey couldn't officially work the team out at the facilities, what the heck was going on? Who was doing it? What was Swasey's role? I presume they found a way around it, but how abysmal are the "real journalists" who didn't unearth this while covering the team?

At the very least, if you're going to drop that in the middle of the article, I think a little clarification would help everyone. The S&C coach is the day-to-day fuel for the attitude of any team.

I agree. It is disturbing that swasey was not allowed to work out the players in his weight room. There needs to be further explanation of what that means. He must have been still working them out in some way or I just don't see how he could possibly have been retained after failing the test.

Furthermore, why was it that Blake was doing the firing? Hasn't richt been personally informing the other coaches they are not being retained? It makes me think SC might have been under the purview of the administration rather than the head coach. In the end you are right though, the fact this was never reported when it happened is deeply disturbing.

Advertisement
Nothing is funnier than the image of incompetent Swasey locked outside the Hecht screaming incorrect fitness advice at the window.
When I mentioned him pantomiming instructions through the window, I pictured him pointing at his rounded back that looked like a scared cat's back and completely unbent knees and screaming "do it like this!!!!" while guys were deadlifting.

[video=youtube;bdwDyzEcsRI]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bdwDyzEcsRI[/video]

Advertisement
Comes across as a real *****. Guy had a cushy gig, and the entire article seems like it is blaming everyone else.

Guy was a virus, who used his personal friendships to retain a job that put him in a critical position, that he consistently failed at for years.

I doubt he gets hired anyone significant ever again.

I heard Swasey was in charge of ordering Men's Health subscriptions for all the players

Yeah these ex Miami players supporting a guy that can not even pass a simple ncaa certification is pretty bizarre.

Let's make sure that in the future Duke and Denzel are not on a committee to hire a UM coach.

These two are embarrassing themselves.

Advertisement
Back