Gary Ferman Interviews Swasey

"It also didn't help Swasey's cause that he struggled to pass an NCAA mandated certification course for strength coaches this past season, preventing him from personally working with the team in his weight room."

One of the most absurd things I've ever heard in my life. Wish him the best but it's unfathomable that he's had this position for so long.

Advertisement
Wow all I can do is laugh at the circus that went on here. Here's to the clown show being over and great 2016.

He was fine and did good job. Had some of the slowest, and some of the fastest athletes on the field. Many players here were athletes at UM that became football players on the NFL. He was a product of poor coaching. Oh well, I think Richt will find a great one.

As is often the case, it took his firing for the full level of his incompetence and lack of capacity to do his job to come into full view. This guy was a complete joke, always was, rode the coat tails of a few elite athletes he became buddies with, and now it is clear just how much of a dip**** he actually was - struggled to pass a NCAA mandated SC test? At the friggin University of Miami football program? Come on, he was a complete loser and anyone with a brain recognized this years ago. Just another incompetent that has presided over UM football for the last 15 years - people are finally realizing how rotten the State of the U actually was. Finally we have a CEO getting rid of the dirtbags like Ice, Beard, Swasey, Dorito, Kehoe, etc.....bury them.

Advertisement
Wow so now we know why old canes loved to come back and train with him..becuase they couldn't while they were canes.. Jk... I hope

Honestly seems like a great guy, knows his stuff and was probably golden, Shannon, Coker faults but was time for a change

While I wanted him gone, feel bad for someone that loses their job. Best of luck to him

I felt bad until I remembered he probably makes 300k or so or at least in the ballpark and just found out he couldn't pass a certification

Nice guy but ... Bye Felicia

So he'd show up at 4:00 am to greet guys as they went into the weight room to work out with someone else. I'm assuming the "Swasey Time" special clock was outside the weight room.

LOL at anyone thinking players would really listen to a guy who couldn't handle his own business and had to stand outside the windows of the weight room pantomiming instructions to the players.

Advertisement
As is often the case, it took his firing for the full level of his incompetence and lack of capacity to do his job to come into full view. This guy was a complete joke, always was, rode the coat tails of a few elite athletes he became buddies with, and now it is clear just how much of a dip**** he actually was - struggled to pass a NCAA mandated SC test? At the friggin University of Miami football program? Come on, he was a complete loser and anyone with a brain recognized this years ago. Just another incompetent that has presided over UM football for the last 15 years - people are finally realizing how rotten the State of the U actually was. Finally we have a CEO getting rid of the dirtbags like Ice, Beard, Swasey, Dorito, Kehoe, etc.....bury them.

A cleaning of the house was needed, and it is apparently happening as they were not good at their jobs.
But what's with the personal insults?
You could be incompetent at your job and still be a decent person.
Sorry, I don't get the vitriol at all.

So he'd show up at 4:00 am to greet guys as they went into the weight room to work out with someone else. I'm assuming the "Swasey Time" special clock was outside the weight room.

LOL at anyone thinking players would really listen to a guy who couldn't handle his own business and had to stand outside the windows of the weight room pantomiming instructions to the players.

Yeah, bizarre isn't it?

Wow all I can do is laugh at the circus that went on here. Here's to the clown show being over and great 2016.

What the ****!?!? And to think people on here are still defending him....some of our fans have to be some of the dumbest mfckers on Earth.

Advertisement

A cleaning of the house was needed, and it is apparently happening as they were not good at their jobs.

If you are incompetent at your job and you continue to extract resources from the project - whether it be personal, institutional, or national, society does not need you. We would be better off if all the incompetent decent folks loaded a gun and ate one. I hope they all burn in **** for what they did to this program. Low-IQ imbeciles are wastes of space and that is why we suck.

Couldn't pass a NSCA, CSCS, or CCCS test?

Good question.
I was doing a little Googling on the S&C coach Dr. Pat Ivey who was recently let go at Mizzou.
He apparently had an issue that came up when the family of a Mizzou player that died in a workout
sued the program.

The Missouri strength coach honored nationally by a professional organization Monday was not certified by a rival group at the time of a player's 2005 death. At the time, that certification by the National Strength and Conditioning Association was reportedly required for employment.

Missouri strength coach Pat Ivey was named “Master Strength and Conditioning Coach” by the Collegiate Strength and Conditioning Coaches Association (CSCCA). But at the time depositions were taken following the death of former player Aaron O'Neal, Ivey said he was not certified by the NSSCA. The Associated Press noted in 2009 such certification was a qualification for employment on a university job description.

Within a year of O'Neal's death, Ivey was certified, according to NSCA president Jay Hoffman. O'Neal died of what was determined to be sickle cell trait after collapsing during a summer workout. Ivey was part of the training and strength staff who oversaw the voluntary workout during which O'Neal collapsed and later died. A former Missouri player, he has been in strength and conditioning at the school since 2004.

Honored Missouri strength coach wasn't certified when former player died - CBSSports.com

Strength coach Pat Ivey done at Missouri | Mizzou Football | columbiamissourian.com

Advertisement

If you are incompetent at your job and you continue to extract resources from the project - whether it be personal, institutional, or national, society does not need you. We would be better off if all the incompetent decent folks loaded a gun and ate one. I hope they all burn in **** for what they did to this program. Low-IQ imbeciles are wastes of space and that is why we suck.

Your beef is misdirected, if not juvenile.
It should be aimed at the folks who mismanaged this program from the highest level, starting from
the school Prez to AD, who do the hirings and firings.

"It also didn't help Swasey's cause that he struggled to pass an NCAA mandated certification course for strength coaches this past season, preventing him from personally working with the team in his weight room."

One of the most absurd things I've ever heard in my life. Wish him the best but it's unfathomable that he's had this position for so long.

Wow that is bad

It also didn't help Swasey's cause that he struggled to pass an NCAA mandated certification course for strength coaches this past season, preventing him from personally working with the team in his weight room.

He should of been fired then but was probably kept so AG didn't upset alumni. Long story short, Swasey was sociology major who lucked his way into a spot and kept it way longer than he should have. He was paid very well. Wish him well on his next venture.

Your beef is misdirected, if not juvenile.
It should be aimed at the folks who mismanaged this program from the highest level, starting from
the school Prez to AD, who do the hirings and firings.

No one said that those above should also not be held accountable. Stop blithering about noodle mouth. Everyone should be aimed at, top to bottom and sideways. I await their fall with delighted *********ory anticipation as well. The Purge is beginning.

Advertisement
Back