Gary Ferman Interviews Swasey

Advertisement
It also didn't help Swasey's cause that he struggled to pass an NCAA mandated certification course for strength coaches this past season, preventing him from personally working with the team in his weight room.

Wow! That tells you all that you need to know. He should have been gone a long time ago.

Soooooooooooooo, for the record; we had an incompetent MAC coach, who had a sub 30 winning pct against teams with a pulse, and a sub 20 winning pct against teams with heart.

We had a def coordinator who thought he was a genius, but consistently fumbled through his paperwork to call plays and thought a safety who ran a 4.8 was Deon Bushesq.

We had a DB coach who allowed players to talk back to him and did absolutely nothing in player development and recruiting

We had an o-coordinator who was successful only on script plays and called for a HB option pass in a blizzard where trained QBs were having trouble throwing the ball

We had an o-line coach, God bless his soul, who lived off the past, called former players to tell them to stop complaining about the crappy coaching, and who's o-line set unbelievable negative play records, and almost got our franchise QB killed in the past 2 yrs.

We hired a d-line coach who's body work consist of him "leaving" programs after 2 yrs or less and his last stint was at FIU.

Now, ur telling me our S & C coach was unable to past the prerequisite to be considered a true S & C coach, and wasn't allowed to be with the kids to train them in S & C and yet he was on the payroll??

THANK GOD, this chitty dog and pony clown production is out of my face!

It also didn't help Swasey's cause that he struggled to pass an NCAA mandated certification course for strength coaches this past season, preventing him from personally working with the team in his weight room.

Wow! That tells you all that you need to know. He should have been gone a long time ago.

Soooooooooooooo, for the record; we had an incompetent MAC coach, who had a sub 30 winning pct against teams with a pulse, and a sub 20 winning pct against teams with heart.

We had a def coordinator who thought he was a genius, but consistently fumbled through his paperwork to call plays and thought a safety who ran a 4.8 was Deon Bushesq.

We had a DB coach who allowed players to talk back to him and did absolutely nothing in player development and recruiting

We had an o-coordinator who was successful only on script plays and called for a HB option pass in a blizzard where trained QBs were having trouble throwing the ball

We had an o-line coach, God bless his soul, who lived off the past, called former players to tell them to stop complaining about the crappy coaching, and who's o-line set unbelievable negative play records, and almost got our franchise QB killed in the past 2 yrs.

We hired a d-line coach who's body work consist of him "leaving" programs after 2 yrs or less and his last stint was at FIU.

Now, ur telling me our S & C coach was unable to past the prerequisite to be considered a true S & C coach, and wasn't allowed to be with the kids to train them in S & C and yet he was on the payroll??

Yikes, it hurt reading this.

Sorry you have stated too many facts to be taken seriously.

Relly, you forgot we had a WR coach with the following résumé': 1 year as a HS position coach; 1 year in the secretarial pool at UM.

Advertisement

Jesus, what a joke this entire program has been.

Relly, you forgot we had a WR coach with the following résumé': 1 year as a HS position coach; 1 year in the secretarial pool at UM.

Don't forget his crown, issued by CIS mongoloids, for being the best wide receiver coach of all time.

Advertisement

Jesus, what a joke this entire program has been.

Lucky us being here to watch it... can I get a refund and the time back over the last decade. smh

Swasey failed a standard strength and conditioning course. Our head S&C guy, who controls the team in spring and summer FAILED A STANDARD S&C COURSE!

what an embarrassment.

Swasey failed a standard strength and conditioning course. Our head S&C guy, who controls the team in spring and summer FAILED A STANDARD S&C COURSE!

what an embarrassment.

This is un-*******-believable. Should have been fired on the spot

LMFAO at him being so under qualified and clueless at his profession that he was banned from the weight room

HOLY SHlT. I always knew he was a dope but failing a certification course is too amazing.

Every ghetto moron and gutter rat that was in here defending him should be banned. Nothing like the "defend every black coach just cuz he's black" squad sticking up for Swasey despite every indicator being he was grossly incompetent in his position.

I'd love to hear these cats spin this one.

Last edited:
Advertisement
After reading that piece, I have more questions than answers/info.

I'm beginning to think God must be a Canes fan because we actually should have lost even more games than we did with all this nonsense at work.

Advertisement

Chise, ur right; totally missed that and the RB coach who had ties to the community and did ish w our recruiting.

After reading that piece, I have more questions than answers/info.

How so? What questions are you thinking of? Just curious as to your thoughts.

I mean, if Swasey couldn't officially work the team out at the facilities, what the heck was going on? Who was doing it? What was Swasey's role? I presume they found a way around it, but how abysmal are the "real journalists" who didn't unearth this while covering the team?

At the very least, if you're going to drop that in the middle of the article, I think a little clarification would help everyone. The S&C coach is the day-to-day fuel for the attitude of any team.

Advertisement
Back