Garcia on the move again

a lot of sofla kids transfer once. And that’s become a standard for whatever reason. The ones who transfer 3-4 times in 4 years, yeah, I’m weary of those. Besides, we’re talking crossing the country, not crossing from Miami Gardens over to broward.
He transferred in California as well.

Advertisement
I don’t blame the kid for wanting to play. But is there any doubt this kid will be a complete bust? Anytime that there is this much drama around a recruit he usually goes down in flames.

Hmm, that;s one way to look at it. I'm never a fan of a kid bouncing from school to school especially if he's being guided by handlers/parents. I get how he really wants to play, but I dunno man.
Wat this is completely different. He's not allowed to play at his previous 2 schools.

I don’t blame the kid for wanting to play. But is there any doubt this kid will be a complete bust? Anytime that there is this much drama around a recruit he usually goes down in flames.
there is no drama with the kid nor his folks. this is not like the other diva kids. they kid wants to play and get better and the parents are willing to do anything they can to give him that opportunity. in a prime football hotbed, the kid has done well. the kid has the goods. he commands the locker room. very few kids IN HIGHSCHOOL can come into the Valdosta program, especially one coached by a legend like Probst, and own the locker room. Now he may go to Grayson, a premier program!!! you think the coach would accept him if he was gonna be a bust and cause problems in the locker room? No, the kid has a great personality, work ethic and disposition.

Advertisement
People keep applauding him for loving to play football but this is just dumb at this point. The kid is just better off waiting another 1.5 months and EE into USCw. I agree with the folks that we might dodge a bullet with this kid. Sounds like alot of trouble down the line.

there is no drama with the kid nor his folks. this is not like the other diva kids. they kid wants to play and get better and the parents are willing to do anything they can to give him that opportunity. in a prime football hotbed, the kid has done well. the kid has the goods. he commands the locker room. very few kids IN HIGHSCHOOL can come into the Valdosta program, especially one coached by a legend like Probst, and own the locker room. Now he may go to Grayson, a premier program!!! you think the coach would accept him if he was gonna be a bust and cause problems in the locker room? No, the kid has a great personality, work ethic and disposition.
Well, sounds like the young man has had a lot of locker rooms to command.

Hey, bud.

It usually is a bad sign. But, here, we have a kid that is committed to USC and evidently has an offer from us too. He doesn't need to play. He could capitulate, give up on playing this season, and still have committable offers. But it seems he wants to play nonetheless. Kudos to him.
I agree with you. I know if it was me. I focusing on being an early enrollee while resting this fall. This kid wants to play. I do think it’s extreme but in a good way. He loves the game.

Advertisement
C5E62B75-C9CF-47C7-85AF-4989B579116F.jpeg

Jake Garcia QB

you cannot make this stuff up:

Because the original move was not legal for eligibility he will never be eligible at Valdosta. If he makes a legal move to somewhere else Then he will be eligible.

Talk about finding a loophole.....

No, he transferred twice in Cali, not three times. One of those two was because he was declared ineligible at his school so he transferred out so he could go somewhere and play.

He has transferred a total of 4 times in his highschool career. Sure, 4 times is a lot, but 3 out of 4 of the transfers was him simply looking for a place where he would be allowed to play. He’s not running from competition so he could get on the field, but instead his transfers have literally looking for a place where he would be allowed to play football.

hes been to five HSs i believe.

Advertisement
a lot of sofla kids transfer once. And that’s become a standard for whatever reason. The ones who transfer 3-4 times in 4 years, yeah, I’m weary of those. Besides, we’re talking crossing the country, not crossing from Miami Gardens over to broward.
Crossing the country to play cause the state you are playing in doesnt allow you is different from jumping to the high school 10 miles away cause you are being recruited and they will give you playing time. Give me the kid that wants to play no given playing time.

Advertisement
I honestly wonder how hard Lashlee IS recruiting him. I'm starting to think the fans- this board included- are thinking more is going on than actually is. It's clear they are speaking with him; he does admit that. But that doesn't mean it's high pressure recruiting. It could be more staying in touch to maintain a relationship. Let's face it; someone is going to leave USC at some point. And if Helton brings in a 3rd QB, it's certain to be at least one guy hitting the portal at some point . Relationships matter.

I'm sure Lashlee has a plan.

let’s hope it’s not “I won’t be here next year so who cares”

I was simply referring to the fact that he was/is a headcase. This kids parents are going to turn him into the same thing.
Not a fair comparison. Marinovich’s father effectively abused his son in an attempt turn him into the perfect QB. Rebellion was inevitable, and with devastating results.

Garcia just wants to play. The cross-country move was due to the California HS system shutting down football for the fall.

Advertisement
Back