Garcia on the move again

I honestly wonder how hard Lashlee IS recruiting him. I'm starting to think the fans- this board included- are thinking more is going on than actually is. It's clear they are speaking with him; he does admit that. But that doesn't mean it's high pressure recruiting. It could be more staying in touch to maintain a relationship. Let's face it; someone is going to leave USC at some point. And if Helton brings in a 3rd QB, it's certain to be at least one guy hitting the portal at some point . Relationships matter.

I'm sure Lashlee has a plan.

Advertisement
Why is everyone acting like this kid is a problem child because he’s been transferring schools? Seems like he just wants to play ball to me.

Honestly, kids who transfer a bunch have a high bust rate. It’s a red flag.
I get that, but this isn’t one of those typical situations. I know he’s transferred earlier in his career, but almost all of his transfers have been to simply be able to play football. If anything, to me, that’s the opposite of a red flag.

Advertisement
And a lot of South FL prospects are divas and tough to deal with so what’s your point?

And explain the 3 Cali schools that Garcia went to even before he moved to GA?
My point is football is big business these days and kids transfer all the time because they’re looking for the best opportunity. Xavier Restrepo went to 3 different high schools. Is he a diva? The idea that a kid is going to be a “diva and tough to deal with” simply because he transferred to a school where he thought he’d have a better opportunity is ridiculous. Would you work for the same company forever even if you had a better opportunity at a different company?

I get that, but this isn’t one of those typical situations. I know he’s transferred earlier in his career, but almost all of his transfers have been to simply be able to play football. If anything, to me, that’s the opposite of a red flag.
I mean, aren't kids mostly transferring related to football? The helicopter dad involvement is a red flag as well. I just don't think he's the type of talent that merits all of the hoopla that's been generated around the recruitment. I won't give a **** if we don't land him, and definitely won't be surprised to be TVD beat him out in 2022 for the starting job (and him to subsequently bounce).

This guy transfers because he wants to play football but you all don’t criticize SoFL kids who transfer and play at 3 different high schools. Very confusing....

so what happened in cali then as liberty pointed out he transferred three times too lol

Advertisement
So USC is recruiting a third Qb? Can someone explain why would they do that? If Miami wants him they need to point out that USC doesn’t believe in him and are wanting to bring in 3 qbs

so what happened in cali then as liberty pointed out he transferred three times too lol
No, he transferred twice in Cali, not three times. One of those two was because he was declared ineligible at his school so he transferred out so he could go somewhere and play.

He has transferred a total of 4 times in his highschool career. Sure, 4 times is a lot, but 3 out of 4 of the transfers was him simply looking for a place where he would be allowed to play. He’s not running from competition so he could get on the field, but instead his transfers have literally looking for a place where he would be allowed to play football.

Hmm, that;s one way to look at it. I'm never a fan of a kid bouncing from school to school especially if he's being guided by handlers/parents. I get how he really wants to play, but I dunno man.
So not a fan of most SFL players?

Advertisement
Advertisement
At least the kid wants to play football. Not like Greg Rousseau who would rather spend the season on his couch smoking sinsemilla while watching the nature channel.

If he transfers because the coach sucks, or the players suck, or the fans are *******, etc. than I would consider it a red flag.

He transfers because he wants to play.

So not a fan of most SFL players?

a lot of sofla kids transfer once. And that’s become a standard for whatever reason. The ones who transfer 3-4 times in 4 years, yeah, I’m weary of those. Besides, we’re talking crossing the country, not crossing from Miami Gardens over to broward.

Advertisement
Back