Garcia is the best QB on the team

Advertisement
Both Garcia and TVD looked like they could be stars. While I agree Garcia has an edge after the spring. The truth will not come until you see them in meaningful real game situations. Both knew they would not be hit. Much easier to stay in pocket and deliver a strike when no one allowed to hit you.

& it’s not even close

IMO
z8AJNUSLDgNvG.gif

No Doubt he's the Future. He should be the starter! Why wait? Makes quick reads, very accurate and great velocity. Why go with a 5'10" average with an acl injury that will limit his best attribute, mobility?

I like the Garcia - his eyes have that competitive glean, his body language makes him look very confident in the pocket and he can sling it.

I said in a post after a scrimmage that I'd love to see it be the Canes turn for a freshman Q to catch fire - even make it tough for King to come back. The youngsters have the skills, as they install more of the offense it will be who learns it quickest.

Our QB room is going to be in the best shape its been in for a long time - just some arms and guys with serious approaches who our biggest problem might be, keeping here.

Advertisement
The shiny new toy syndrome among this fanbase is some of the craziest $#!+ I've ever seen. A good chunk of the starters are out and Garcia even said they played a simplified version of the offense.

Why aren't you crowning Jacurri Brown at this point?

i propose we have a separate thread just for those of us who've actually played QB in college, and can speak objectively and intelligently. it would be helpful

You people are high as ****. He would throw 4-5 picks against Bama. Give him time he might be great, but not right now.

Advertisement
So you're on record - if Garcia's turns into a great one you have bragging rights (not really). We were all impressed, no doubt.

*Just wish we could ban statements like "and it's not even close", "he will absolutely.."...there are just so many categorical statements made on this board. Can't we just talk football and cut the BS?

Advertisement
I think what happens tvd or garcia start game 1 n king wait to get way healthy or could sit out to get ready for the nfl maybe!!

Garcia wasn't getting hit... Bama will be coming... Need an escape artist... KING!

At some point we need more than an escape artist. We need someone that can make plays downfield regularly so defences can't focus on the run game and underneath stuff.

Advertisement
The coaches need to let the QB room play out, with the best prospect on the field. I’m not big on the “Play the seniors over the most talented/proven choice” thing. That loyalty stuff is not what the Sabans/Sweeney’s of the world do. Look at their teams.

This year CFB will know we are here and can explode on somebody real bad we will be dangerous

2022 we take a serious shot at the Championship Belt

GOCANES

Again that was against a non-existent pass rush that couldn’t hit Garcia. Did he stretch the field when he was in? Yes. Does he still have a lot to learn? Yes. It’s King’s team if he’s healthy. And watch him do much better year #2 in Lashlee’s offense. It takes WR’s catching balls too. I think we’ll see both units play much better in 2021 than last year.

Best pitch and catch i've seen in over a decade. They still have fall camp, but the timing and accuracy from the QBs during the scrimmage really stood out; they consistently got the ball out on time and I give credit to Lashley because--arm-talent aside--they all looked similar in that regard.

When healthy King is still the third best passer on this team, and opposing coaches will stack the box with single-high coverage to make us one-dimensional. Based on the scrimmage and continued development between now and Bama, we'll be a better offense with one of the pure passers in the game.

Think about it this way... King at 100% couldn't connect on the deep ball consistently enough to take defenses out of single-high man-coverage and tore his ACL trying to carry our mediocre, one-dimensional football team; what's he gonna do less than a year after an ACL tear that takes most humans ~2 years to get anywhere near 100%?

Last edited:
Advertisement
Back