Garcia is the best QB on the team

No Doubt he's the Future. He should be the starter! Why wait? Makes quick reads, very accurate and great velocity. Why go with a 5'10" average with an acl injury that will limit his best attribute, mobility?
Great point.We're all hoping King will be back to his old self but if he's limited or hesitant to take off and has to be a pocket QB this year at some point we will be begging for one of these 2 young QBs to take over.

Advertisement
I like the way you frame that take. Im of the opinion that we lose Lashlee after this season. Maybe Garcia (and having TVD) might be something that entices him to stick around for a couple more years.
Don’t worry. Manny will somehow f*** this up and Lashlee will become the HC.

Advertisement
When does this train arrive at the "Garcia is the best QB to ever play CFB" station?

I'm buying a ticket for the 14:40 to Frankfurt.

Advertisement
I hate to say it, but with King being so dependent upon his legs to perform well, i think it’s highly likely either TVD or Garcia will have to see meaningful time this year and King or no King, the expectation is ACC Championship due to the amount of starters returning, including year two in an offense that was pretty dynamic last year. King not being ready or back to himself won’t be an excuse and so one of those guys are going to have to be ready to handle all of that.

Advertisement
Pretty much everyone agrees Garcia is better than TVD. If King is healthy, he’s a difference maker with his legs and should start. People saying a 75% King is better than Garcia I disagree with completely.
King is not a pocket passer and needs full mobility as a running threat to be effective. If a team can simply contain the edges to stop rollouts and not worry about King taking off up the gut we’re in deep trouble. That would allow them to cut off all the lanes in the slot/over the middle and force King to throw deep outside or in the flat all game. Those are two throws where he struggles with more than others.
Garcia has a better touch on the ball than King. Especially on deep throws. The thing about King is he makes all the right reads and knows the offense in and out. Barring a major setback, he’s the guy. Diaz has already said as much. It’s a moot point to even entertain Garcia starting over King at this point. People quickly forget this team would’ve probably been 500 at best without King last season.
In my humble opinion this is totally wrong. Right now TVD is way ahead of Garcia at doing what the coaches want, reading defenses and throwing to the right man at the right time. He makes his drop and the ball comes out right now. Both will be good going forward but if something takes King out this year it's TVD to the rescue. Next year could be a battle.

Advertisement
In my humble opinion this is totally wrong. Right now TVD is way ahead of Garcia at doing what the coaches want, reading defenses and throwing to the right man at the right time. He makes his drop and the ball comes out right now. Both will be good going forward but if something takes King out this year it's TVD to the rescue. Next year could be a battle.
It’s Garcia to the rescue

So you're on record - if Garcia's turns into a great one you have bragging rights (not really). We were all impressed, no doubt.

*Just wish we could ban statements like "and it's not even close", "he will absolutely.."...there are just so many categorical statements made on this board. Can't we just talk football and cut the BS?

It happens with every true freshman quarterback. Someone makes a bold declaration after seeing a player for the very first time in a controlled, vanilla spring game. And then eventually, someone will be right and then beat their chests over how they were able to see this coming. Truth is, none of us saps know anything until we see some type of real on-field performance. And even then, you'd need a sample size.

Don’t think this will go well for you but I respect your opinion.

King is a leader and we need him big time this year. I think Garcia will be a stud

The best thing for Jake Garcia is the fact that he'll learn from a winner, leader and positive kid like the 24-year old D'Eriq King this year. Period.

Best move is to redshirt Garcia and let him soak up all he can from #1 this fall.

Been a hot minute since the Canes had a true leader and developed human being like King on the roster.

His locker room and leadership aspect is something this program has been void of for way too long.

Advertisement
Back