Gamblers- Week 5

You buy usually 6, 6.5, or 7 points on each spread and it has to be a parlay. I've seen 10 and 14 point teasers. Take tonight: you could buy 6.5 points and then need only Miami -11 and Over 49.5 instead of Miami -17.5 and Over 56. Just know that oftentimes if you push on any leg of a teaser, you will lose the entire teaser.

NOTE: Line just got popped up and we're now back to -18.5 instead of -17.5. Great sign and now I'd say bet Miami with confidence.

Thanks!!

Advertisement
I put in a couple of early bets Tues... UCF -13.5 home vs Pitt... WVA -3.5 @ Texas Tech

Nice victory. I also had the over in the NFL. I locked that in back on Monday. 2-0 tonstart the week. I’m looking into the Friday night plays now. Will wait and see what a few people say that I follow on Twitter. Initially looking at it I like Memphis -14. Tulane isn’t a good team and gives up a lot of points. I’m thinking this also hits the over, but I’m not as sure on that bet. May tease this to Memphis -8 and the over of 60pts.

Advertisement
Nice victory. I also had the over in the NFL. I locked that in back on Monday. 2-0 tonstart the week. I’m looking into the Friday night plays now. Will wait and see what a few people say that I follow on Twitter. Initially looking at it I like Memphis -14. Tulane isn’t a good team and gives up a lot of points. I’m thinking this also hits the over, but I’m not as sure on that bet. May tease this to Memphis -8 and the over of 60pts.
Great start to the wknd for us both. Love it!

Ive got memphis teased to -8 with ucf. Until last night, over/unders have been burning me, so dont know if ill play anything else on that one tonight. May put in one more teaser with memphis and another Saturday spread i like. Ill post some more thoughts in a bit.

How bout them Canes?!? Woke up feeling great this morning!

You buy usually 6, 6.5, or 7 points on each spread and it has to be a parlay. I've seen 10 and 14 point teasers. Take tonight: you could buy 6.5 points and then need only Miami -11 and Over 49.5 instead of Miami -17.5 and Over 56. Just know that oftentimes if you push on any leg of a teaser, you will lose the entire teaser.
Like he said, there are a lot of different teaser options. You can get 3pt teasers, 6, 10, 14. You can play multiple teams on it (usually up to 8) and increase the payout, etc.

But the traditional teaser in football is a two team 6pt teaser. You pick two lines (can be the team spread or the over/under and can be in any games you want, it doesnt have to be the same game) and you get to move both lines 6pts in your favor. If both sides hit the bet pays even money. So its nice to get the big line movement, but youre having to hit two things instead of one. Also, it depends on the site and the type of teaser bet, but sometimes the bet will lose if one of them pushes and other times it just reduces the payout.

I bet teasers all the time as being able to move a line from like -7 to -1 or +14 to +20, etc, can be a game changer.

As long as we're talking teasers, I'd advise to stay away from teasing totals and stick to teasing sides. Also, don't tease across the "0", meaning don't do a 6 point teaser on a team to make them go from -3 to +3. Long-term, stats show it's more worthwhile to tease the dog from +3 to +9.

Great start to the wknd for us both. Love it!

Ive got memphis teased to -8 with ucf. Until last night, over/unders have been burning me, so dont know if ill play anything else on that one tonight. May put in one more teaser with memphis and another Saturday spread i like. Ill post some more thoughts in a bit.

How bout them Canes?!? Woke up feeling great this morning!

Nice blowout for us. I hate playing bets on two different days and having to wait haha. I have been doing better on over/unders than spreads it seems. I like the over on the Pitt game. Neither team plays defense and both are capable of scoring. Might tease that down to 58pts and match that with Memphis -8.

Advertisement
As long as we're talking teasers, I'd advise to stay away from teasing totals and stick to teasing sides. Also, don't tease across the "0", meaning don't do a 6 point teaser on a team to make them go from -3 to +3. Long-term, stats show it's more worthwhile to tease the dog from +3 to +9.

What’s your reasoning on not teasing totals? I have been killing the NFL by teasing a team and a total.

Came back to eat crow! Didnt bet against us but I didnt bet it. Was a chicken$hit after the FIU debacle. Wow what a cover. Congrats to the gamblers who made out good last night. I got the Rams vs Vikings over so still made some money last night.

Great point on not teasing across the 0. And here I thought your question yesterday was a serious one. Lol

What’s your reasoning on not teasing totals? I have been killing the NFL by teasing a team and a total.
Obviously youre getting more value teasing the spread as over/unders have a lot more variance. But if you're wanting to do a single game bet and you feel good about the o/u as it's set, teasing is a great way to move the spread in your favor.

Advertisement
More dispersion with totals. It's much more likely that one fluke play kills a total (an INT for a TD, a blocked punt, a fumble inside the 10, etc.) than a side. And the higher the total, the less meaningful 6 extra points is. Teasing the Jets/Jags low total of 38.5 is smarter than teasing the WVU/TT total of 73, but I stay away because I know the NFL sides are so sharp that 6 points means a lot more. Take basketball as a more extreme example to illustrate the point: if you buy 3 points on a 200 point total, it's much less likely that those 3 points even matter, as opposed to teasing the Lakers from -4.5 to -1.5.

Glad you've been killing the NFL totals with a teaser, but what's your sample size and did the 6 points come into play? Or would you have won the total without the 6 points?

More dispersion with totals. It's much more likely that one fluke play kills a total (an INT for a TD, a blocked punt, a fumble inside the 10, etc.) than a side. And the higher the total, the less meaningful 6 extra points is. Teasing the Jets/Jags low total of 38.5 is smarter than teasing the WVU/TT total of 73, but I stay away because I know the NFL sides are so sharp that 6 points means a lot more. Take basketball as a more extreme example to illustrate the point: if you buy 3 points on a 200 point total, it's much less likely that those 3 points even matter, as opposed to teasing the Lakers from -4.5 to -1.5.

Glad you've been killing the NFL totals with a teaser, but what's your sample size and did the 6 points come into play? Or would you have won the total without the 6 points?

Sample size is really small and most wouldnhave hit either way. Nice perspective on this. Thanks.

Advertisement
Gotta say I like UCF to cover again this week. It's -13 at home against Pitt. Smells like a lock.

Washington -17 vs BYU.

Probably taking both of those and teasing them with 6-7 pts.

I gotta say Pats -6.5 is very nice but I don't think I'll bet against the phins.

Advertisement
Back