Gamblers- Week 5

Would you all agree that the better teased line tonight is unc+24 instead of miami-12? From the brain and not the heart, obviously.

I want to bet cause I like betting but my head says don’t touch the game either way. We can honestly beat this team 48-10 or as I have seen in the past, struggle to pull out a victory in the 4th. I don’t think there really is a solid bet for most Canes games until we become more consistent. I said last week that FIU will cover cause we have Diaz as our DC and guess what, we let those fools cover. Glad I didn’t bet that game either. I think I’m just going to sit this one out and enjoy the game......unless I get an itch last second to throw some money out there haha.

To answer your question, I think the smarter playbis to tease us down. I believe a blowout is more likely than a close game IMO. Everything is in our favor for this game. Home game, national tv, first time to show out since LSU, all black uniforms, hype crowd, Kosi starting. It’s crazy to think, but I think Jaquan Johnson is worth 7 points in the spread. That’s how important he is to our defense. Him playing or not may impact how you bet this game. Knowles is good for giving up at least one TD if he sees the field.

My books are sitting at
Miami - 17 1/2
Over/Under 56 1/2

I would think about teasing this to get
Miami -11 1/2
Under 62 1/2

Advertisement
I want to bet cause I like betting but my head says don’t touch the game either way. We can honestly beat this team 48-10 or as I have seen in the past, struggle to pull out a victory in the 4th. I don’t think there really is a solid bet for most Canes games until we become more consistent. I said last week that FIU will cover cause we have Diaz as our DC and guess what, we let those fools cover. Glad I didn’t bet that game either. I think I’m just going to sit this one out and enjoy the game......unless I get an itch last second to throw some money out there haha.

To answer your question, I think the smarter playbis to tease us down. I believe a blowout is more likely than a close game IMO. Everything is in our favor for this game. Home game, national tv, first time to show out since LSU, all black uniforms, hype crowd, Kosi starting. It’s crazy to think, but I think Jaquan Johnson is worth 7 points in the spread. That’s how important he is to our defense. Him playing or not may impact how you bet this game. Knowles is good for giving up at least one TD if he sees the field.

My books are sitting at
Miami - 17 1/2
Over/Under 56 1/2

I would think about teasing this to get
Miami -11 1/2
Under 62 1/2
Solid post I agree with everything you said. Particularly the fact it is probably smart to stay away but knowing myself I'll probably get the itch and throw something in last minute. Lol after thinking about it more if i play it I am actually leaning towards teasing Miami down like you said but teasing the over rather than the under. Sadly I think we will allow them to score more points than we should. And remember they are getting some guys back tonight they haven't had yet this year.

Solid post I agree with everything you said. Particularly the fact it is probably smart to stay away but knowing myself I'll probably get the itch and throw something in last minute. Lol after thinking about it more if i play it I am actually leaning towards teasing Miami down like you said but teasing the over rather than the under. Sadly I think we will allow them to score more points than we should. And remember they are getting some guys back tonight they haven't had yet this year.
Or this might be a good spot to tease the Miami line with another line you like on Saturday rather than trying to predict how this over under will play out.

For those of you thinking of betting on us tonight, just know the line has dropped linearly on the spread and the ML. I'm not touching it.

Caveat: we still have 11+ hours until kickoff.

For those of you thinking of betting on us tonight, just know the line has dropped linearly on the spread and the ML. I'm not touching it.

Caveat: we still have 11+ hours until kickoff.

Money is coming in on UNC. The public isn’t sold on Miami. I want to know where the big money is coming in.

Advertisement
Or this might be a good spot to tease the Miami line with another line you like on Saturday rather than trying to predict how this over under will play out.

I have the over in the NFL game tonight. The rams have a lot of guys out on defense and I think the Vikings bounce back. The Rams have shown they can score so maybe you tease that over/under down 6 pts and roll with that.

Last edited:
Skimming thru the college games here are some that caught my eye, gimme your feedback...

MEMPHIS -14 @ Tulane. This will be a shootout. But I think Memphis is 2 TD's better than Tulane. I would buy down to 13 if it's not to much.
TEXAS -9 @ KSU. Texas is rolling, KSU only wins come against UTSA & SDAK they won by 3. I don't even know who SDAK is lol.
Purdue -3.5 @ Nebraska. Purdue got the ball rolling against BC and I look for them to carry that MO into this game.
Michigan -14 @ NW. NW lost Akron and Duke playing their 2nd string QB at home. I would buy down to 13.5 or 13 to be safe.
FAU -3 @ MTSU. This will be a close game possibly IMO. I'll probably buy down to -2.5 for safe measures.

Pros:

JAX -7.5 vs NYJ. Come on now lol. Don't let the Tennessee game fool u, they always play the Jags tough.
SEA -3 @ Arizona. Arizona is bad and starting their rookie QB. I like Wilson and Seattle to cover.
NO -3.5 @ NYG. To many offensive weapons for NO, their defense is suspect. I would buy down to -2.5 if possible.
KC -4.5 @ DEN. Big Division game. Chiefs have won by 11, 7 and 10 so far this season. I don't see Denver slowing them down.
PHILLY -4 @ TEN. This will somehow probably be a close one Philly doesn't look like the same team from last year.

MLB today:

I'm rolling with NYY -1.5, Rockies -1.5 & Houston -1.5. As well as Seattle -1.5, Cubs -1.5 and ATl -1.5, on my site you can put $10 on this parlay and win $100.

Last edited:
[
Skimming thru the college games here are some that caught my eye, gimme your feedback...

MEMPHIS -14 @ Tulane. This will be a shootout. But I think Memphis is 2 TD's better than Tulane. I would buy down to 13 if it's not to much.
TEXAS -9 @ KSU. Texas is rolling, KSU only wins come against UTSA & SDAK they won by 3. I don't even know who SDAK is lol.
Purdue -3.5 @ Nebraska. Purdue got the ball rolling against BC and I look for them to carry that MO into this game.
Michigan @ NW. NW lost Akron and Duke playing their 2nd string QB at home. I would buy down to 13.5 or 13 to be safe.
FAU -3 @ MTSU. This will be a close game possibly IMO. I'll probably buy down to -2.5 for safe measures.

Pros:

JAX -7.5 vs NYJ. Come on now lol. Don't let the Tennessee game fool u, they always play the Jags tough.
SEA -3 @ Arizona. Arizona is bad and starting their rookie QB. I like Wilson and Seattle to cover.
NO -3.5 @ NYG. To many offensive weapons for NO, their defense is suspect. I would buy down to -2.5 if possible.
KC -4.5 @ DEN. Big Division game. Chiefs have won by 11, 7 and 10 so far this season. I don't see Denver slowing them down.
PHILLY -4 @ TEN. This will somehow probably be a close one Philly doesn't look like the same team from last year.

MLB today:

I'm rolling with NYY -1.5, Rockies -1.5 & Houston -1.5. As well as Seattle -1.5, Cubs -1.5 and ATl -1.5, on my site you can put $10 on this parlay and win $100.

I guess you're not a "dog lover", all favorites!

I like your Memphis and Purdue picks. Keep an eye on the weather for Memphis/Tulane heard it might storm real bad there tomorrow could effect scoring if it's serious. Not sure about the other three NCAA picks, was thinking of going the other way on KSU, more of a fade of Texas but think I'm going to avoid all together.

so not much think we cover the spread. I'm taking the under in our game, and under in the nfl game tonight.

Advertisement
[

I guess you're not a "dog lover", all favorites!

I like your Memphis and Purdue picks. Keep an eye on the weather for Memphis/Tulane heard it might storm real bad there tomorrow could effect scoring if it's serious. Not sure about the other three NCAA picks, was thinking of going the other way on KSU, more of a fade of Texas but think I'm going to avoid all together.

Appreciate the heads up in the Memphis game!

I have the over in the NFL game tonight. The rams have a lot of guys out on defense and I think the Vikings bounce back. The Rams have shown they can score so maybe you tease that over/under down 6 pts and roll with that.

I bet -7 on the Rams last week against the Chargers. Their defense had me on edge the whole game until they pulled away in the 4th. Their defense is extremely banged up.

so not much think we cover the spread. I'm taking the under in our game, and under in the nfl game tonight.
Careful on that under. Rams missing a bunch of critical defenders including their two top DBs. I'm on that over tonight. Teased (of course LOL).

Haven't had a chance to look at lines this week but I just locked in:

6.5 pt teaser:
Rams -.5 vs MIN
Canes -11 vs UNC

Advertisement
Advertisement
10-4 on the year

Going with a big ticket this weekend:

Buffalo -7.5
ULL +49.5
Indiana -16.5
Purdue -3
UCF -14
Hawaii -11
N. Texas -7.5
Ga Southern +3
Boise -17
Toledo +8

Also like Memphis and the Canes, but probably will hold off and just try to enjoy the game tonight.

Lol i couldn't help myself either (see post above). I like your bet actually. Hope we both hit!
GO CANES!!!

Good luck. My worry with the first half bet is that we start Rosier and Waste two drives early on before Kosi comes in.

Good luck. My worry with the first half bet is that we start Rosier and Waste two drives early on before Kosi comes in.
Possible. But also possible that even if that happpe s rosier leads us on two scoring drives. Unc d is not good

How do teasers work?
You buy usually 6, 6.5, or 7 points on each spread and it has to be a parlay. I've seen 10 and 14 point teasers. Take tonight: you could buy 6.5 points and then need only Miami -11 and Over 49.5 instead of Miami -17.5 and Over 56. Just know that oftentimes if you push on any leg of a teaser, you will lose the entire teaser.

NOTE: Line just got popped up and we're now back to -18.5 instead of -17.5. Great sign and now I'd say bet Miami with confidence.

Advertisement
Back