Gamblers- Week 5

Moving on to week 5 after a very even week 4 for myself.

Some early lines of note to discuss:

Miami -18 vs UNC. Miami tends to play well at home on primetime but 18 is certainly a high number for us who’s struggled against ACC teams. If Rosier is starting I’d go heavy on UNC. If it’s Perry, I’m going Miami.

ECU -7 vs Old Dominion. Let down game for ODU after last week?

Temple +13 @ BC. BC hasn’t looked good the past few weeks. I see a 34-24 type game.

Clemson -24.5 vs Syracuse. Lawrence’s first start. Revenge game. Blowout central. Buy the .5 point though.

South Carolina +1.5 @ Kentucky. Is Kentucky for real? I don’t think so.

Louisville +6.5 vs FSU. Ville is at home, both teams are trash.

Oklahoma -23.5 vs Baylor. OU gets their groove back against a weak B12 teams.

Upset watch: Nebraska ML over Purdue (-3.5).

Advertisement

Miami -18 vs UNC. Miami tends to play well at home on primetime but 18 is certainly a high number for us who’s struggled against ACC teams. If Rosier is starting I’d go heavy on UNC. If it’s Perry, I’m going Miami.

Temple +13 @ BC. BC hasn’t looked good the past few weeks. I see a 34-24 type game.

Clemson -24.5 vs Syracuse. Lawrence’s first start. Revenge game. Blowout central. Buy the .5 point though.

I wouldn't touch our spread or that Clemson spread. Clemson's pass D is suspect.

I took a fvkking bath last week.

Need to be more methodical. Was throwing my cash around all willy nilly and it killed me. reckless.
I hit big last week, then gave most of it back this past week. I took only one game last week, but like you, just tossed it around this past weekend.

I also took 4 nfl favorites and all 4 **** the bed.

Advertisement
UCF -13.5 right now at home against Pittsburgh. Feel like that is a steal. Pitt is decent, but UCF scores at will and if Pitt is giving up 38 to UNC, I think it's going to be a lot more to UCF. Can't see Pitt scoring enough to keep it within 2 scores.
Also love ECU -6.5 this week. If ODU lost last week ECU would be double digit favorites. This is like when Penn State almost lost to App State then won by 45 the next week.

Went 7-3 last week. Would have been 8-2 if Wisky hasn't scored a TD with 20 seconds left to **** up my under play.

So far this week...

Duke -5
Rutgers +17.5
Nebraska +3

Torreta on WQAM said today after covering the Neb Mich game ,that Neb looked so slow to him , he seriously thinks they will not win another game all year. He said the Mich MLB was faster than any RB Neb put on the field.

I've gotta go Purdue after listening to how convinced he was that Neb flat out stinks.

Advertisement
I ended up taking 29 wagers last week from Thursday to Monday and Cane our $50 in the positive column haha. I’m going to scale back and try and just hit a few big. The back end of the NFL saved me with me hitting 2-3 in the second window and also hitting the over last night.

Lou vs FSU I’m looking at the under. Louisville can’t score this year and this could be a 17-3 type of game for FSU victory. Over Unders aren’t listed on my site yet.

I’m not touching Miami since I don’t know who is starting and I doubt Richt announces it. I agree if Kosi is starting then I like the line for us to cover.

I like Duke -5. Almost seems to obvious. Is Vegas thinking we see a major bounce back by Va Tech? I think I’m going to go ahead and jump on that line before it moves away from Duke.

Georgia -31 1/2 against Tennessee. Massive spread but Tennessee is a dumpster fire with no talent on the roster.

I’ll look at the Oklahoma vs Baylor over once that line shows up.

WVU vs Texas Tech over.

Most of the people I follow on Twitter don’t really start giving out their plays till later in the week and mostly on Saturday morning and Sunday morning. I’ll check back in on this thread.

i think duke and vtech is a trap...their qb is out and they loss one of their best defensive players...the is line is only -5 duke seems a lil suspect but i always wait until day of game to place bet

I took a bath too last weekend. Mostly on Sunday. I pounded an eagles-.5/pats-.5 teaser thinking it was a mortal lock and then the pats went out and put up a disgrace of a performance. They are dead to me.

Time to rebound!

My top bet thus far is a big CFB chalk parlay: Miami, Memphis, BC, UCF, UDub, FSU, Okie St, Mich, all on the moneyline. Just win, baby! Pays a little over 2.5x. If it hits it'll wipe my loses from last weekend.

Will post later in the week on games i plan on betting the line on.

Love this weekly thread. Keep it coming! By the way, I'd love to hear your all's thoughts on why you like games rather than just the games and lines if you're down for it.

Advertisement
I took a bath too last weekend. Mostly on Sunday. I pounded an eagles-.5/pats-.5 teaser thinking it was a mortal lock and then the pats went out and put up a disgrace of a performance. They are dead to me.

Time to rebound!

My top bet thus far is a big CFB chalk parlay: Miami, Memphis, BC, UCF, UDub, FSU, Okie St, Mich, all on the moneyline. Just win, baby! Pays a little over 2.5x. If it hits it'll wipe my loses from last weekend.

Love this weekly thread. Keep it coming! By the way, I'd love to hear your all's thoughts on why you like games rather than just the games and lines if you're down for it.

I'll bite.

Duke -5. Duke has looked pretty good and Cutcliffe is a good coach. VT beat a sorry FSU team, W&M, then lost to a sorry ODU team. That was before they lost their QB and best dlinemen. Duke all the way.

Rutgers +17.5. Rutgers sucks, but Indiana a 3 score favorite on the road? Indiana? I'll take Rutgers plus the points.

Nebraska +3. Just a gut feeling. Nebraska needs a win in the worst way. Purdue ain't all that. This is one of those games I think NU prides up and plays over their heads and rolls Purdue. 0-4 just can't happen.

_______

3-2 last week, Cristobal's Oregon collapse killed me. Post my picks a bit later. My 2 cents on your picks below.

Don't bet Canes, but think they win in a blowout.

ECU and ODU are pretty evenly matched IMHO, don't think ECU is good enough to be giving seven points.

Clemson should roll, but in classic Clemson fashion they probably allow a back door cover.

I've watched UK play a couple time already this year. They are for real, the defense has been playing well, Benny Snell is the man, like the QB. USCe isn't bad, but I think UK wins.

Haven't watched any Louisville this year, I bet the Noles fold here.

Purdue is better than Nebraska unless Adrian Martinez is playing at 100%.

I'll bite.

Duke -5. Duke has looked pretty good and Cutcliffe is a good coach. VT beat a sorry FSU team, W&M, then lost to a sorry ODU team. That was before they lost their QB and best dlinemen. Duke all the way.

Rutgers +17.5. Rutgers sucks, but Indiana a 3 score favorite on the road? Indiana? I'll take Rutgers plus the points.

Nebraska +3. Just a gut feeling. Nebraska needs a win in the worst way. Purdue ain't all that. This is one of those games I think NU prides up and plays over their heads and rolls Purdue. 0-4 just can't happen.

FYI - It means ABSOLUTELY NOTHING, but read on twitter MGM took an early week 6 figure bet on Indiana - 17. Also Indiana is probably better than you think and Rutgers is probably worse.

Advertisement
_______

3-2 last week, Cristobal's Oregon collapse killed me. Post my picks a bit later. My 2 cents on your picks below.

Don't bet Canes, but think they win in a blowout.

ECU and ODU are pretty evenly matched IMHO, don't think ECU is good enough to be giving seven points.

Clemson should roll, but in classic Clemson fashion they probably allow a back door cover.

I've watched UK play a couple time already this year. They are for real, the defense has been playing well, Benny Snell is the man, like the QB. USCe isn't bad, but I think UK wins.

Haven't watched any Louisville this year, I bet the Noles fold here.

Purdue is better than Nebraska unless Adrian Martinez is playing at 100%.

I watched the Louisville vs Virginia game last week cause I had Virginia which hit 💰💰💰. Louisville is awful and has no QB worh a crap. I don’t think they have scored over 10pts all year in a game. FSU still is talent and I feel they cover here in a terribly ugly game.

FYI - It means ABSOLUTELY NOTHING, but read on twitter MGM took an early week 6 figure bet on Indiana - 17. Also Indiana is probably better than you think and Rutgers is probably worse.

Rutgers is bad...what did Kansas do to them>? IG MGM laid that number im putting it in my parlay

Time to rebound!

I took NE also. Their D is trash...

Advertisement
Back