Gaby Mock Class

The great Ghandi told us the bottom fell out and to not pay attention any longer until the board is reset/reshuffled… meaning, we’re not in play for any of them.

One of those players is now in the boat. And we’re in play for a few others on that list.

A list that was made up by whom exactly?? Do you have Mario’s board? Are these the only players that Miami feels will move the needle?? 80% of time and resources put into them?? What the what?! Mario, is that you?

Enlighten me..
The player visits and players showing up to events are the board.

Advertisement
Since you pushed back, I went back and looked ...

QB Jaden Rashada
QB Emory Williams
RB Christopher Johnson (8)
WR Nathaniel Joseph
WR Robby Washington
WR Jalen Brown (7)
WR Andy Jean (6)
TE Riley Williams (8)
TE Jackson Carver
TE Reid Mikeska
OL Francis Mauigoa (7)
OL Frankie Tinilau
OL Tommy Kinsler (5)
OL Antonio Tripp
OL Samson Okunlola (4)
EDGE Collins Acheampong (7)
EDGE Jayden Wayne (5)
EDGE Samuel M'Pemba (3)
DL Rueben Bain (7)
LB Bobby Washington
LB Malik Bryant (8)
CB Robert Stafford (7)
CB Damari Brown (6)
S Jayden Bonsu (8)
S Conrad Hussey (3)

****, he was pretty spot on last year. He did a "We Gettin Urrbody" mock class two summers ago which ended up way off, but last year was actually really good. The only guys he was wrong about were Rashada, J. Brown, Jean, Mikeska, M'Pemba, Bonsu, and Hussey. I will partly walk back what I posted earlier.
Life is certainly about perspective because to me I’m surprised people are saying he was “pretty close”

This isn’t pretty close

Now before I elaborate let me just say I have nothing against Gaby. I look at a mock class in July as pure entertainment value and nothing more. People demand insiders say something so I’m not criticizing

However let’s fast forward to this year

One of the reasons there have been absolute meltdowns is because a lot of this happened right after Gaby threw out one of the most optimistic mock classes a person could come up with and people clearly took it to heart

So to me while I suppose you could say he had a decent percentage of guys correct, he missed on a lot of the WHALES

So while I appreciate his efforts, I’m not putting an ounce of thought into his July mock classes especially when what we really want to know is are we landing the WHALES or not

Not me. Coaches. Reporters. The staff as a whole.

They brought all these guys in. They put most attention/resources into them. They are the ones tweeting about whales and big game hunting. Someone within the staff is feeding these reporters info. Not me....them.

Outside of Russell, who are the other DL priorities i didn't list above? I'd love to know bc honestly i don't. I do down the offer list and outside of Lindsey and Cunningham, every other DL is a 3-star.....and there's only like 2-3 more names.
I couldn’t tell ya.. I’m just a fan and rely on this site for info. Always liked Ghandis posts but i also call a spade a spade…

Clearly, the bottom hasn’t fallen out like mopes suggested.

We finish outside the top 20 and get no difference makers on the DL aside from Lightfoot, I have no issue coming back to eat crow. Something ol Ghandi clearly struggles with..

Advertisement
Life is certainly about perspective because to me I’m surprised people are saying he was “pretty close”

This isn’t pretty close

Now before I elaborate let me just say I have nothing against Gaby. I look at a mock class in July as pure entertainment value and nothing more. People demand insiders say something so I’m not criticizing

However let’s fast forward to this year

One of the reasons there have been absolute meltdowns is because a lot of this happened right after Gaby threw out one of the most optimistic mock classes a person could come up with and people clearly took it to heart

So to me while I suppose you could say he had a decent percentage of guys correct, he missed on a lot of the WHALES

So while I appreciate his efforts, I’m not putting an ounce of thought into his July mock classes especially when what we really want to know is are we landing the WHALES or not
18/25? 72% isn't bad imo when it comes to recruiting.

QB, WR and DB misses have been common of late, so i can see why those would be a bulk of them.

I couldn’t tell ya.. I’m just a fan and rely on this site for info. Always liked Ghandis posts but i also call a spade a spade…

Clearly, the bottom hasn’t fallen out like mopes suggested.

We finish outside the top 20 and get no difference makers on the DL aside from Lightfoot, I have no issue coming back to eat crow. Something ol Ghandi clearly struggles with..
I'm not saying it has or hasn't - i'm just saying 1 guy doesn't prove if it did or didn't. We'll likely know by the end of August, if not sooner.

18/25? 72% isn't bad imo when it comes to recruiting.

QB, WR and DB misses have been common of late, so i can see why those would be a bulk of them.
Man I spent a lot of words trying to explain what I meant but I guess it didn’t land

😞

I could be misremembering some things but I guess part of my point was there’s a lot of “not reading the room right” in that list, which we hope for the opposite

Again, no issue with Gaby. I appreciate what he does and some things I take seriously and some I don’t. Things like this I don’t but also agree hitting a 72% rate in July is well done (which kinda solidifies my thoughts about it anyway)

Last edited:
Advertisement
Calling the DL class an L this early in the cycle is kind of dumb in my opinion, respectfully of course
Multiple layers here but you aren’t wrong. The L is that by the reports Scott, Breland, and Stewart along with Stone were made priorities/were the tippy top of the board and the staff felt extremely good in May going into the OVs. Well we found out that Stone was probably a no go, not a big deal can’t get them all. It’s when Scott committed to Taint and now it looks like Stewart will follow that is the L. Now that doesn’t mean the class will be an L as we can pivot, and we did with Lightfoot who is great but that’s just one guy.

As has been discussed here while it’s not late, it’s not all that early. Kids are committing earlier and earlier. We allocated all this attention to DL but the very best are looking to go elsewhere. Now once again, doesn’t mean we can’t pivot. If we sign Lightfoot, Jones, Franklin, and say a McCray that would be excellent but the last three aren’t a given and the margin of error is very small. I think his comment of the bottom falling out was over the top, sure, but make no mistake the staff is reeling right now. If it wasn’t for Lightfoot yesterday it probably was lights out. Now there is a pulse because we did land him.

Multiple layers here but you aren’t wrong. The L is that by the reports Scott, Breland, and Stewart along with Stone were made priorities/were the tippy top of the board and the staff felt extremely good in May going into the OVs. Well we found out that Stone was probably a no go, not a big deal can’t get them all. It’s when Scott committed to Taint and now it looks like Stewart will follow that is the L. Now that doesn’t mean the class will be an L as we can pivot, and we did with Lightfoot who is great but that’s just one guy.

As has been discussed here while it’s not late, it’s not all that early. Kids are committing earlier and earlier. We allocated all this attention to DL but the very best are looking to go elsewhere. Now once again, doesn’t mean we can’t pivot. If we sign Lightfoot, Jones, Franklin, and say a McCray that would be excellent but the last three aren’t a given and the margin of error is very small. I think his comment of the bottom falling out was over the top, sure, but make no mistake the staff is reeling right now. If it wasn’t for Lightfoot yesterday it probably was lights out. Now there is a pulse because we did land him.
I agree with your point. I think though that the board and fanbase aren't used to being "in" these recruitments. It's just the way it goes. Mario gets any and every top recruit in the country on campus. It doesn't mean that we as fans should expect them all to commit nor does it mean we're going to have the best class every year. It's how he chooses to recruit, and that leads to Gaby and others pumping unrealistic sunshine into the fanbase.

We still have a great shot with artavius jones, kamarion franklin, and 5 months to potentially flip someone or uncover someone else. With Lightfoot that would still be a solid DL class in my eyes

not four 5 stars of course, but again, anyone who really thought we could land franklin, stewart, scott, and stone... much less 2-3 of those was on the very optimistic side of things. D$ says the staff had lightfoot up there in evals with those big 4 so if we can land franklin then that's 2 big dogs of the major group with time to work on stewart and nothing to be mopey about in my opinion

You guy are completely missing the point. Gaby had a mini-meltdown and without doubt the greatest hedgemaster 🤣 in the game layed out some absolute gold:

[BGCOLOR=initial]"There's not a single person who sticks their neck out in the process more than me" - Gaby[/BGCOLOR]

[BGCOLOR=initial]
Celebrate New Year GIF by San Diego Zoo
[/BGCOLOR]

I agree with your point. I think though that the board and fanbase aren't used to being "in" these recruitments. It's just the way it goes. Mario gets any and every top recruit in the country on campus. It doesn't mean that we as fans should expect them all to commit nor does it mean we're going to have the best class every year. It's how he chooses to recruit, and that leads to Gaby and others pumping unrealistic sunshine into the fanbase.

We still have a great shot with artavius jones, kamarion franklin, and 5 months to potentially flip someone or uncover someone else. With Lightfoot that would still be a solid DL class in my eyes

not four 5 stars of course, but again, anyone who really thought we could land franklin, stewart, scott, and stone... much less 2-3 of those was on the very optimistic side of things. D$ says the staff had lightfoot up there in evals with those big 4 so if we can land franklin then that's 2 big dogs of the major group with time to work on stewart and nothing to be mopey about in my opinion
Ehhhh I think the expectations part we will have to disagree on. The expectations should be high as we are paying him 8MM per with a heavy emphasis on his recruiting prowess. Then you couple that with what he delivered last year with a 5-7 record and its not out of the realm of expectations for fans to start talking top 5 classess. Lastly, those expectations were gassed up even further by numerous individuals that have the insider label on this site. Cribby gets a pass here because he has been quiet, but the rest were in fact gassing up the fanbase. Everyone was getting their ques from the staff here. Anytime someone questioned anything they were told to shut up and sit down cause they didnt know what was about to go down. So we can say that people were being too optimistic about expecting 4 5 stars but whenever anyone brought up that it may in fact be too optimistic, they were told to prepare to eat crow. When we questioned about NIL, we were laughed at that Ruiz isnt even the main NIL person. We were all assured things were going great.

Ghandi was one of the few who said, nah, our 3 guys are Scott, Stewart and Breland, the rest probably wont happen. Then Sunday happened and there was meltdown. Sure Ghandi went a bit far with the comment of the bottom falling out but he can still be proven correct here and the way I read his comment was that the staff misread everything and they could miss on everyone. This exact same thing happened to Napier last cycle, that staff thought they had things lined up and boom they got played. Moving forward, NOBODY is a given. We have a great shot at Franklin sure, but we can easily miss there as well. Its gonna be knife fight the rest of the way for all of our targets. I think we got the guy to navigate us through it but what happened so far this cycle is very sobering and kinda reminiscent of what happened at the end of the 13 cycle on NSD. We thought we were getting everyone and only got Grace and Coley.

Advertisement
See, I see things different. He, and all those people in those recruiting sites, have leaked things in the past that have cost us program changing prospects. The writers not covering Miami have done it purposefully. Gaby is fed peanuts for a reason because he can’t be trusted.
I totally respect your opinion, and I am sure that all of the insiders have crossed the line of times. But I’m totally I’m convinced that somebody is going to change a life changing decision because a reporter talked about a decision. They were already deciding to make. I can understand if somebody comes with a bigger bag and maybe that’s what you’re alluding to you but I wonder how many of those are so easily influence to change their mind on the decision they been thinking about for two years actually pan out to be Rockstars.

Obviously I don’t know and you have way more insight so I’m definitely open to hearing further comment from you and I’m not really questioning you either. I’m just giving you my take.

You guy are completely missing the point. Gaby had a mini-meltdown and without doubt the greatest hedgemaster 🤣 in the game layed out some absolute gold:

[BGCOLOR=initial]"There's not a single person who sticks their neck out in the process more than me" - Gaby[/BGCOLOR]

[BGCOLOR=initial]
Celebrate New Year GIF by San Diego Zoo
[/BGCOLOR]
Well, that is total bull****

Man I spent a lot of words trying to explain what I meant but I guess it didn’t land

😞

I could be misremembering some things but I guess part of my point was there’s a lot of “not reading the room right” in that list, which we hope for the opposite

Again, no issue with Gaby. I appreciate what he does and some things I take seriously and some I don’t. Things like this I don’t but also agree hitting a 72% rate in July is well done (which kinda solidifies my thoughts about it anyway)
Haha - apologies my guy. I was going back and forth with the other poster at the same time and should have elaborated a bit on my response.

I just didn't see a lot of the misses on that list as whales. The Hussey thing looked to be solely linked to possible issues with JT being on staff. The Rashada thing was a drama circus. So yes, Brown was a significant miss and in terms of rating, M'Pemba and Bonsu were as well (to UGA and OSU respectively).

The majority of whales the staff missed on were not even on that listed......Innis, Baxter, Wilson, Harbor, ****ey, McClain, Ricks, and Aguero. Those were big misses, especially Miami was looking good for a few of those guys throughout the process.

Advertisement
Regardless what any insider, staff, social media presence said we should have known we weren't landing 4-5 5* dlinemen. It just doesn't happen. Basically for anyone. We've been around the block long enough to know that was BS without anyone telling us. We will have a very good dline class but best ever? It was never happening & that's okay. Top 10 classes. That's all I want from today forward. I just wanna be a top 25 team & enjoy my saturdays again. Anything else is gravy & will be a pleasant surprise.

Agreed keep landing top 10 classes and hitting on your recruits. Show an exciting offense and defense recruits want to play for and WIN games.

Miami will finish at minimum a Top 15 class

Can ban TrumpyCane if doesn’t

TrumpyCane was never 100% on the Mario train but never going to doubt his ability to recruit and close

He should be.

The Hecht is pumping sunshine out at Al Golden levels!

In a few weeks the “hey, this guy made a leap over the summer!” posts will start to roll in about guys in a depleted position.

I’ve heard now from two different people that Josh Horton is on his way to getting significant snaps…

…right.
It's your opinion till Horton shows us either way!

Advertisement
Back