Gaby Mock Class

the difference is this is how the big boys play

we weren't IN most of these types of recruitments to begin with under diaz and golden so the perception from the fanbase wasn't as negative because we weren't "missing" on players when in reality we were, we just never were seriously considered.

bama, clemson, ohio state, USC, Oregon, and now US are in a solid majority of the major recruitments going on and we're not going to win them all but when you zoom out and realize it's july 4th (same day we landed francis last year) and we have 5 months left, we'll be fine. we have the 17th ranked class with SEVERAL realistic commitments left - trader, Patterson, jones, breland, chris cole, franklin -- just to name a few big ones + any others that they uncover seeing as there is FIVE months until signing day

we'll finish with a top 8-10 class and you and others will probably be disappointed which is fine but top 10 class, a new OC, a new DC, all following the 5-7 disaster + whoever they get in the portal after the season will round out a killer class just like this past one was

When Miami misses on all of these guys, who is left over that can get Miami into the top 10?

Posted it too fast. Here’s the context -
+ Trader loves him some FSU.
+ Breland is more than likely Oregon
+ Franklin likes it here, but his delays appear to be “match the bag” games.

Advertisement
@b caned
@407cane

Don’t whistle past this question and post.

You girls love to talk **** about people not people not owning or hiding.

Let’s have the conversation about the what’s left on the table for the class then.
you pretend to know the staff's board and are naive to believe that the people you've heard about are the only ones that could possibly sign with us in December.

i answered your question above but it's a dumb question

did we know about trevonte citizen in july of 22? most people did not believe collins was realistic last year (or damari brown or mark fletcher for that matter)

let it play out man, if you want to ***** and moan that's fine, but do it AFTER the class finishes because it's still very early in the process

See, I see things different. He, and all those people in those recruiting sites, have leaked things in the past that have cost us program changing prospects. The writers not covering Miami have done it purposefully. Gaby is fed peanuts for a reason because he can’t be trusted.
I have to agree.... Real insiders won't leak anything till they've been givin permission too.... Violate the code and you're out the door...

Advertisement
idk but I promise my life will go on just fine

you on the other hand seem to be going through it right now. I suggest taking a step back from the keyboard and enjoying your summer friend, it'll be fine

Ah, of course.

The tried and true “I don’t care, it’s not a priority for me” post.

Good idea on waving the white flag here. Ok

This is really dumb. Anybody that is tasked with trying to predict what young and indecisive people are going to do, based on a feel from a whole other group of people, who also sort of have an agenda, is in a no win situation. A mock class should be considered for entertainment purposes only, like when Mel Kiper Jr puts out a mock draft. We certainly don’t expect MKJ to go 100% with his mock. If you don’t like Gaby’s writing or style, that’s a whole other thing. But to rip him for a mock class is stupid
Historically, MKJ has predicted correctly about 20% of the time...yet, he's some savant. LOL

I take any of these mocks with a grain of salt. Unfortunately for these guys following the Canes that are making predictions, Gaby, Geo, Flo, etc., they've taken multiple kicks to the BALLZ with so many misses. Not their fault. MC and his staff have been played what appears to be several times now. Guess time will tell over the next several months with performance on the field and NIL.

Ah, of course.

The tried and true “I don’t care, it’s not a priority for me” post.

Good idea on waving the white flag here. Ok
what else is there to explain, we're trending for several players that I laid out for you, there's 5 months left so more players will come forth to the public eye + opportunity to flip those who have committed elsewhere, we're currently ranked 17th, and Mario has a solid track record of recruiting

I am not in fact Mario cristobal, so I'm unsure what other answer you want from me. You're very emotional for it being july 4th. Act like you've been here before pal, recruiting ain't for the weak

Advertisement
@b caned
@407cane

Don’t whistle past this question and post.

You girls love to talk **** about people not people not owning or hiding.

Let’s have the conversation about the what’s left on the table for the class then.
Ahhh I see we’re now at the point of name calling…. Lol. Just own your L’s.. it’s not that hard.

Me, nor 407, come on boards touting how much we know. Just like nobody here said anything about coming back to suck the coaches ****s; aside from you. Wtf is that??

I simply noticed you had nothing positive to say about Lightfoot, the actual commit, on the D$ thread. In fact, you had nothing at all to say.

It kinda stands out since you know so much yet because you had to make a moping bogus blanket statement about the DL class falling out…. Which is clearly incorrect…. You refrained from showing face to tell us how great of a win that was.

I can only wonder… Is it more important for you to be right or for the canes to succeed? Looks like the former to me..

I’ll wait to see the final results before I cast judgement. Maybe if I was so tied in like you I could prematurely bust too…. (Pause)

you pretend to know the staff's board and are naive to believe that the people you've heard about are the only ones that could possibly sign with us in December.

i answered your question above but it's a dumb question

did we know about trevonte citizen in july of 22? most people did not believe collins was realistic last year (or damari brown or mark fletcher for that matter)

let it play out man, if you want to ***** and moan that's fine, but do it AFTER the class finishes because it's still very early in the process

I’m going to save this one and revisit it in December.

It should give you another opportunity to write another sonnet about how you don’t care.

Ahhh I see we’re now at the point of name calling…. Lol. Just own your L’s.. it’s not that hard.

Me, nor 407, come on boards touting how much we know. Just like nobody here said anything about coming back to suck the coaches ****s; aside from you. Wtf is that??

I simply noticed you had nothing positive to say about Lightfoot, the actual commit, on the D$ thread. In fact, you had nothing at all to say.

It kinda stands out since you know so much yet because you had to make a moping bogus blanket statement about the DL class falling out…. Which is clearly incorrect…. You refrained from showing face to tell us how great of a win that was.

I can only wonder… Is it more important for you to be right or for the canes to succeed? Looks like the former to me..

I’ll wait to see the final results before I cast judgement. Maybe if I was so tied in like you I could prematurely bust too…. (Pause)

I’d rather be right.

**** the Canes.

/sarcasm on!

Bro, literally every school can come up with a list of who’s who that they “missed out on.” It’s not just Miami.

I was speaking specifically to the DL class. If the bottom fell out as you suggested, how the **** did we just get Lightfoot in the boat?

I’m no insider and really have no clue what’s going on behind the scenes… but history suggests to me that Mario won’t be shut out. And I’ll be sure to circle back once this DL class is complete..

Again, I generally like your posts. It just struck me this morning you had nothing to say on Lightfoot after his commitment. Almost like you’re rooting against Mario’s success on the trail in order to be right.
Since you used the term "if", i'll play devil's advocate.......IF the DL class was supposed to consist of 4-6 elite players on that list (Scott, Stone, Simmons, Stewart, Lightfoot, Breland, Franklin, Rushing, McCray, Jones, and Jackson) and we land 1-2, that qualifies as the bottom falling out to me. That would make your hit rate 9-18% on your top DL targets, where you dedicated 80+% of your time, energy and large chunk of your NIL resources.

We will see by the end of summer if the bottom fell out or not. 1 player does not hold the floor in place, but Lightfoot is a VERY good start. Elite player.

Advertisement
Since you used the term "if", i'll play devil's advocate.......IF the DL class was supposed to consist of 4-6 elite players on that list (Scott, Stone, Simmons, Stewart, Lightfoot, Breland, Franklin, Rushing, McCray, Jones, and Jackson) and we land 1-2, that qualifies as the bottom falling out to me. That would make your hit rate 9-18% on your top DL targets, where you dedicated 80+% of your time, energy and large chunk of your NIL resources.

We will see by the end of summer if the bottom fell out or not. 1 player does not hold the floor in place, but Lightfoot is a VERY good start. Elite player.
who said the DL class was "supposed" to be those players?

you're setting unrealistic expectations based on people on this board, twitter, or even gaby.. That would be the best DL class arguably any team has EVER signed

if you or others were expecting or banking on that to happen, then I would step back and re-evaluate.

as far as I know, Mario nor anyone else on the staff came out and said they expected those players all in this class. of course they offered them all and tried to get them all, but newsflash, so did EVERY other major program.

Advertisement

The great Ghandi told us the bottom fell out and to not pay attention any longer until the board is reset/reshuffled… meaning, we’re not in play for any of them.

One of those players is now in the boat. And we’re in play for a few others on that list.

A list that was made up by whom exactly?? Do you have Mario’s board? Are these the only players that Miami feels will move the needle?? 80% of time and resources put into them?? What the what?! Mario, is that you?

Enlighten me..

I’ve maintained that Franklin has legit interest and that the BBQ visit is mostly centered around an NIL discussion.

It’s not going to be easy considering he’s on top of Tenn’s defensive NIL board, but we can make it work.

He’s a Cane in the end. I’ll put my neck out there. I don’t claim to be an insider except for some in-state guys I get info from (Fletcher and Damari last year I was always confident on, you can check my post history if you feel inclined to do so) but I feel good here.

We just need someone elite to pair him with. And again I think he can have a Mesidor-esque role where he’s both interior and edge rusher depending on the situation. I think that appeals to him. Whatever puts him in the best scenario to rack up stats and get him into the league.

you're setting unrealistic expectations based on people on this board, twitter, or even gaby.. That would be the best DL class arguably any team has EVER signed

if you or others were expecting or banking on that to happen, then I would step back and re-evaluate.

as far as I know, Mario nor anyone else on the staff came out and said they expected those players all in this class. of course they offered them all and tried to get them all, but newsflash, so did EVERY other major program.
Not me. Coaches. Reporters. The staff as a whole.

They brought all these guys in. They put most attention/resources into them. They are the ones tweeting about whales and big game hunting. Someone within the staff is feeding these reporters info. Not me....them.

Outside of Russell, who are the other DL priorities i didn't list above? I'd love to know bc honestly i don't. I do down the offer list and outside of Lindsey and Cunningham, every other DL is a 3-star.....and there's only like 2-3 more names.

The expectation set was that Miami had allocated a bulk of the NIL allotment to DL where the plan and expectation was to sign if not the best DL class in the nation then a top 3 one. L

Advertisement
Back