Gaby Mock Class

Man Ghandi is one of the top 10 posters on here. I don’t blame him for feeling like this and I have the utmost respect because he keeps it a buck. One commit isn’t going to change the narrative, but merely stop the bleeding. Let’s get the ball rolling and add to the momentum.

This isn’t to say Lightfoot isn’t a bonafide baller because I think he’s great. But he single-handily won’t make the the DL class elite. Let Mario cook and see where we stack up after mid August.
If that's the case then the misses we had shouldn't move the needle either!!

Advertisement
When Miami misses on all of these guys, who is left over that can get Miami into the top 10?

Posted it too fast. Here’s the context -
+ Trader loves him some FSU.
+ Breland is more than likely Oregon
+ Franklin likes it here, but his delays appear to be “match the bag” games.
Hyperbole!

Ehhhh I think the expectations part we will have to disagree on. The expectations should be high as we are paying him 8MM per with a heavy emphasis on his recruiting prowess. Then you couple that with what he delivered last year with a 5-7 record and its not out of the realm of expectations for fans to start talking top 5 classess. Lastly, those expectations were gassed up even further by numerous individuals that have the insider label on this site. Cribby gets a pass here because he has been quiet, but the rest were in fact gassing up the fanbase. Everyone was getting their ques from the staff here. Anytime someone questioned anything they were told to shut up and sit down cause they didnt know what was about to go down. So we can say that people were being too optimistic about expecting 4 5 stars but whenever anyone brought up that it may in fact be too optimistic, they were told to prepare to eat crow. When we questioned about NIL, we were laughed at that Ruiz isnt even the main NIL person. We were all assured things were going great.

Ghandi was one of the few who said, nah, our 3 guys are Scott, Stewart and Breland, the rest probably wont happen. Then Sunday happened and there was meltdown. Sure Ghandi went a bit far with the comment of the bottom falling out but he can still be proven correct here and the way I read his comment was that the staff misread everything and they could miss on everyone. This exact same thing happened to Napier last cycle, that staff thought they had things lined up and boom they got played. Moving forward, NOBODY is a given. We have a great shot at Franklin sure, but we can easily miss there as well. Its gonna be knife fight the rest of the way for all of our targets. I think we got the guy to navigate us through it but what happened so far this cycle is very sobering and kinda reminiscent of what happened at the end of the 13 cycle on NSD. We thought we were getting everyone and only got Grace and Coley.

I consider this a reasoned response and similar to my read on the situation. There is still plenty of time, but plenty of reason for skepticism about where this all ends up.

Advertisement
He should be.

The Hecht is pumping sunshine out at Al Golden levels!

In a few weeks the “hey, this guy made a leap over the summer!” posts will start to roll in about guys in a depleted position.

I’ve heard now from two different people that Josh Horton is on his way to getting significant snaps…

…right.

I don’t know what significant means but he will get snaps only bc that position has depth issues beyond JHH (oft injured), LT, Deen.

Advertisement
Haha - apologies my guy. I was going back and forth with the other poster at the same time and should have elaborated a bit on my response.

I just didn't see a lot of the misses on that list as whales. The Hussey thing looked to be solely linked to possible issues with JT being on staff. The Rashada thing was a drama circus. So yes, Brown was a significant miss and in terms of rating, M'Pemba and Bonsu were as well (to UGA and OSU respectively).

The majority of whales the staff missed on were not even on that listed......Innis, Baxter, Wilson, Harbor, ****ey, McClain, Ricks, and Aguero. Those were big misses, especially Miami was looking good for a few of those guys throughout the process.
Gotcha gotcha. I was trying to think back to last year at this time to remember where we were at and how it played out since we kinda are in the same spot. Pancake was trending towards an early commit to us and Gaby picked that. Bonsu was trending our way etc

So I was seeing if we could compare results from last year to certain guys this year to see if the info was good or as I said Gaby was “reading the room so to speak”

Me saying it wasn’t close was probably too harsh

Gotcha gotcha. I was trying to think back to last year at this time to remember where we were at and how it played out since we kinda are in the same spot. Pancake was trending towards an early commit to us and Gaby picked that. Bonsu was trending our way etc

So I was seeing if we could compare results from last year to certain guys this year to see if the info was good or as I said Gaby was “reading the room so to speak”

Me saying it wasn’t close was probably too harsh
We were rocking last July and didn’t come back down to earth until Aguero chose UGA. There was a point in July where it felt like we were getting everybody. The actual hype going into July wasn’t nearly as big as this year though.

We were rocking last July and didn’t come back down to earth until Aguero chose UGA. There was a point in July where it felt like we were getting everybody. The actual hype going into July wasn’t nearly as big as this year though.
Yep which is why I’m trying to over analyze things to death to find some patterns since now we have data

I’m ****ed up like that so don’t mind me

who said the DL class was "supposed" to be those players?

you're setting unrealistic expectations based on people on this board, twitter, or even gaby.. That would be the best DL class arguably any team has EVER signed

if you or others were expecting or banking on that to happen, then I would step back and re-evaluate.

as far as I know, Mario nor anyone else on the staff came out and said they expected those players all in this class. of course they offered them all and tried to get them all, but newsflash, so did EVERY other major program.
This immediately popped into my brain when I read your post above
2d623294-d679-496a-83be-9c34a85962a4_text.gif

Advertisement
This thread is a perfect example of why insiders get sick of this place and disappear. You have ******* morons like @b caned and @407cane who nobody gives a **** (and don't contribute a ******* thing) about harassing one of our best posters. So irritating.

This thread is a perfect example of why insiders get sick of this place and disappear. You have ******* morons like @b caned and @407cane who nobody gives a **** (and don't contribute a ******* thing) about harassing one of our best posters. So irritating.
It's easy to judge how right or how wrong somebody on the board was when looking back based on whether you agreed with them or not.

your dumbazz chiming in way late gives me added reassurance that I'm on the right track and who's harassing who? i gave an opinion on the state of the DL class. You thinking that's harassing is awfully soft for someone who talks a big internet game

“Waaaa, he didn’t come suck the coaches ****s after Lightfoot committed. Waaa”

Look at what’s left over at DL, DB, and WR. Tell me with a straight face the bottom hasn’t dropped out of this ****.
You are one of the people I search for posts and read etc. so I’m not trying to argue that it isn’t what the hyperbole group spoke on a month ago.

If I offered a counterpoint it would be something along the lines of this:

When you cluster up recruiting data mathematically, it tends to show that the top-100 is in its own tier, then 101-300 or so is a cluster, and then 301-500, then offers after that.

Since 2003 (20 year sample) the most top-100 kids Miami has gotten is six (2018). Last year Miami got four. That’s honestly a really good number for them over the past 15+ years. Usually it’s three or so.

By my estimates, Miami could end up with six or seven this year.

Riley
Lightfoot
Jojo Trader
Chris Cole
Aydin Breland
Kamarrion Franklin
Zaquan Patterson

Do I think ultimately all seven end up in the class? Probably not, but getting five or six top-100 recruits would be a great haul for Miami.

Advertisement
You are one of the people I search for posts and read etc. so I’m not trying to argue that it isn’t what the hyperbole group spoke on a month ago.

When you cluster up recruiting data mathematically, it tends to show that the top-100 is in its own tier, then 101-300 or so is a cluster, and then 301-500, then offers after that.

Since 2003 (20 year sample) the most top-100 kids Miami has gotten is six (2018). Last year Miami got four. That’s honestly a really good number for them over the past 15+ years. Usually it’s three or so.

Riley
Lightfoot
Jojo Trader
Chris Cole
Aydin Breland
Kamarrion Franklin
Zaquan Patterson

Do I think ultimately all seven end up in the class? Probably not, but getting five or six top-100 recruits would be a great haul for Miami.

If we want to use the Top 100 as a measuring stick, then I’d agree.

How many top 100 guys does a team team need to land to consider the class elite? would you consider an elite clas

If we want to use the Top 100 as a measuring stick, then I’d agree.

How many top 100 guys does a team team need to land to consider the class elite? would you consider an elite clas
The Bama/Georgia/OSU level is more 8-10.

This class was never going to be elite in my humble view. I’ve said 7-12 all along, but I do know support got me gassed up for a bit with the “we are confident” on everyone. I knew Scott’s mom wanted Notre Dame and didn’t want Miami due to distance. Support even told me they expected him to commit on his visit so I got excited and let my momma rules mantra be overlooked.

Dylan Stewart I didn’t believe either.

I’ve said all along I don’t expect Stone.

I want to believe on Breland. Heard it was Miami/UGA, so the Oregon threat I didn’t have before.

To me, it’s about having as many viable shots at the elite guys. Like, if you are running top-2 or so for eight of the 5-stars, variance suggests you’ll get a couple in the end. It just might not always be exactly who you expect. Same goes for if you lead on five of them, you aren’t going to get them all. Once a few come off the board to you, others will pick that apart, or use remaining NIL dollars to sway a few away.

Keep chopping wood on the elite players, and you’ll get a couple to fall eventually. So while I say no on all of those players above, maybe you actually snag one late through good fortune with numbers for others, have money left over from other misses, or just get lucky somehow.

Miami isn’t going to finish with what I consider an elite class, and the elite programs are honestly getting further away from the pack overall (not closer), but for Miami it’s about continuing to build the depth chart, get into the next tier of talent, then start to use variance to steal one or two a year and get closer to the juggernauts.

If all that makes sense.

Riley
Lightfoot
Jojo Trader
Chris Cole
Aydin Breland
Kamarrion Franklin
Zaquan Patterson

If Miami ONLY added the 5 you listed here, it would put the class at 266 points.

That would be good for the #16 class last year. The #8 class in 2022. The #12 class in 2021.

I’m with you, we likely don’t get all those kids. But we also certainly don’t sign only those 5. But adding just those 5 kids gets you to almost a guaranteed Top 15 class if not higher. Saying the bottom fell out of a class on July 5th is patently absurd.

It's easy to judge how right or how wrong somebody on the board was when looking back based on whether you agreed with them or not.

your dumbazz chiming in way late gives me added reassurance that I'm on the right track and who's harassing who? i gave an opinion on the state of the DL class. You thinking that's harassing is awfully soft for someone who talks a big internet game
Hey, not jumping in here except to say that Gandhi is legit tied into some of these recruitments. I’m aware of the reasons for his opinions on the players he’s recently discussed and it’s coming from a sound place.

That said, recruiting is really fluid with bags of NIL $’s for the top guys these days. It’s too unpredictable even with connections.

Advertisement
Back