Gaby Mock Class

Hey, not jumping in here except to say that Gandhi is legit tied into some of these recruitments. I’m aware of the reasons for his opinions on the players he’s recently discussed and it’s coming from a sound place.

That said, recruiting is really fluid with bags of NIL $’s for the top guys these days. It’s too unpredictable even with connections.
I agree. No issue with Ghandi at all, my only point to him was that it’s too early to call the DL class a failure

I don’t even know the conversation that happened before I joined or why this other dude chimed in unless he’s some weird two account guy

Advertisement
Hey, not jumping in here except to say that Gandhi is legit tied into some of these recruitments. I’m aware of the reasons for his opinions on the players he’s recently discussed and it’s coming from a sound place.

That said, recruiting is really fluid with bags of NIL $’s for the top guys these days. It’s too unpredictable even with connections.

I appreciate it, but don’t give the morons red meat.

Let them think what they will and we’ll keep it moving.

It's easy to judge how right or how wrong somebody on the board was when looking back based on whether you agreed with them or not.

your dumbazz chiming in way late gives me added reassurance that I'm on the right track and who's harassing who? i gave an opinion on the state of the DL class. You thinking that's harassing is awfully soft for someone who talks a big internet game
unimpressed michael keaton GIF

The Bama/Georgia/OSU level is more 8-10.

This class was never going to be elite in my humble view. I’ve said 7-12 all along, but I do know support got me gassed up for a bit with the “we are confident” on everyone. I knew Scott’s mom wanted Notre Dame and didn’t want Miami due to distance. Support even told me they expected him to commit on his visit so I got excited and let my momma rules mantra be overlooked.

Dylan Stewart I didn’t believe either.

I’ve said all along I don’t expect Stone.

I want to believe on Breland. Heard it was Miami/UGA, so the Oregon threat I didn’t have before.

To me, it’s about having as many viable shots at the elite guys. Like, if you are running top-2 or so for eight of the 5-stars, variance suggests you’ll get a couple in the end. It just might not always be exactly who you expect. Same goes for if you lead on five of them, you aren’t going to get them all. Once a few come off the board to you, others will pick that apart, or use remaining NIL dollars to sway a few away.

Keep chopping wood on the elite players, and you’ll get a couple to fall eventually. So while I say no on all of those players above, maybe you actually snag one late through good fortune with numbers for others, have money left over from other misses, or just get lucky somehow.

Miami isn’t going to finish with what I consider an elite class, and the elite programs are honestly getting further away from the pack overall (not closer), but for Miami it’s about continuing to build the depth chart, get into the next tier of talent, then start to use variance to steal one or two a year and get closer to the juggernauts.

If all that makes sense.
People need to start defining elite, great, good, bad, etc. With CFP moving to 12, I think peoples definitions may begin to change a bit too. Like will the types of classes we signed last year be good enough to get us to the CFP? They should be if we keep repeating it. Or better worded - the talent won't be the reason we don't get to the CFP.... This comment isn't 100% directed at you btw, just more in general:

Last year we had the #7 class, without a top QB. Would you say last year we signed an elite class? Did we sign an elite OLine class? I think objectively most people would say yes to that at least. And we did that by getting two 5 star Olineman, two top transfers, and some great depth/development prospects. If we do similar this year is it an elite DL haul? **** last year did we sign an elite LB and/or EDGE class? Maybe it wasn't 1st or 2nd, but top 4? Probably... Does that meet the definition of Elite? Or is it because we were chasing after six Five Star DLinemen, that if we only get 1 or 2, it can't be consider elite no matter what? Even if we get a bunch of guys that are in the 50s-150s?...

So this year, if you're saying if we finish with #7 that it isn't elite, we need a definition for what you're classifying as elite. Is elite only top 4? Then yeah, I think Elite was likely not really in question. Ultimately we haven't won **** to expect anywhere close to that. But there is no doubt a top 7 finish again this year would be considered a great class. If we get the 2nd or 3rd best DLine class in the country, is that not an elite haul? Also consider we still aren't getting a top Qb prospect this year. As far as the 247 rankings are concerned, I'd bet we'll have a very similar if not greater point total as last year.

The important thing really is that we get the elite haul in where we need to - Mainly DT, WR, and CB. Unfortunately unless we get Ellis Robinson, CB may not be looking too good. DLine unlike the gloomers here, even if we strike out on our top targets, I think we'll still end up with a top tier haul.

People need to start defining elite, great, good, bad, etc. With CFP moving to 12, I think peoples definitions may begin to change a bit too. Like will the types of classes we signed last year be good enough to get us to the CFP? They should be if we keep repeating it. Or better worded - the talent won't be the reason we don't get to the CFP.... This comment isn't 100% directed at you btw, just more in general:

Last year we had the #7 class, without a top QB. Would you say last year we signed an elite class? Did we sign an elite OLine class? I think objectively most people would say yes to that at least. And we did that by getting two 5 star Olineman, two top transfers, and some great depth/development prospects. If we do similar this year is it an elite DL haul? **** last year did we sign an elite LB and/or EDGE class? Maybe it wasn't 1st or 2nd, but top 4? Probably... Does that meet the definition of Elite? Or is it because we were chasing after six Five Star DLinemen, that if we only get 1 or 2, it can't be consider elite no matter what? Even if we get a bunch of guys that are in the 50s-150s?...

So this year, if you're saying if we finish with #7 that it isn't elite, we need a definition for what you're classifying as elite. Is elite only top 4? Then yeah, I think Elite was likely not really in question. Ultimately we haven't won **** to expect anywhere close to that. But there is no doubt a top 7 finish again this year would be considered a great class. If we get the 2nd or 3rd best DLine class in the country, is that not an elite haul? Also consider we still aren't getting a top Qb prospect this year. As far as the 247 rankings are concerned, I'd bet we'll have a very similar if not greater point total as last year.

The important thing really is that we get the elite haul in where we need to - Mainly DT, WR, and CB. Unfortunately unless we get Ellis Robinson, CB may not be looking too good. DLine unlike the gloomers here, even if we strike out on our top targets, I think we'll still end up with a top tier haul.

If we are doing it by rankings, I'd say something like this for "elite"...

At least a 295, no less than 92 average, and minimum 20 commits. No more than 25% 3* commits. At least 1 blue chip commit at QB, RB, WR, OL, DL, and DB.

Advertisement

This class was never going to be elite in my humble view. I’ve said 7-12 all along, but I do know support got me gassed up for a bit with the “we are confident” on everyone. I knew Scott’s mom wanted Notre Dame and didn’t want Miami due to distance. Support even told me they expected him to commit on his visit so I got excited and let my momma rules mantra be overlooked.

I want to believe on Breland. Heard it was Miami/UGA, so the Oregon threat I didn’t have before.

To me, it’s about having as many viable shots at the elite guys. Like, if you are running top-2 or so for eight of the 5-stars, variance suggests you’ll get a couple in the end. It just might not always be exactly who you expect. Same goes for if you lead on five of them, you aren’t going to get them all. Once a few come off the board to you, others will pick that apart, or use remaining NIL dollars to sway a few away.

Keep chopping wood on the elite players, and you’ll get a couple to fall eventually. So while I say no on all of those players above, maybe you actually snag one late through good fortune with numbers for others, have money left over from other misses, or just get lucky somehow.

Miami isn’t going to finish with what I consider an elite class, and the elite programs are honestly getting further away from the pack overall (not closer), but for Miami it’s about continuing to build the depth chart, get into the next tier of talent, then start to use variance to steal one or two a year and get closer to the juggernauts.

If all that makes sense.
Agree with everything expect the big dawgs moving further away. The big dawgs no longer have the ability to hoard 5* talent as depth. Kids will leave for opportunities elsewhere through the portal. For example, Alabama has an awful QB situation & their best WR is Jacory Brooks. They have fallen off a tad. The emergence of USC, Texas, Miami, & this year even Florida in the recruiting world again is going to help even the playing field.

I agree. No issue with Ghandi at all, my only point to him was that it’s too early to call the DL class a failure

I don’t even know the conversation that happened before I joined or why this other dude chimed in unless he’s some weird two account guy
Lol far from some weird two account guy.

I was doing the same as you except taking it a smidge further. Not only is it a joke to announce the bottom falling out of the DL class this early…. But it was quite telling Ghandi had nothing to say after Lightfoot committed - I took it as someone was butt hurt they turned out incorrect literally the same day. You know… like he/she would rather be right than celebrate the Canes landing a difference maker.

I’m big on accountability… something this program has lacked for decades. So I called a spade a spade.

You aren’t familiar with my name cuz I don’t litter the boards to see myself speak. If I have something of value I’ll add it (like calling Cormani to Miami before he committed when everyone thought I was bat**** crazy - and that’s because I have connects in polk county)

Anyway…. No issue with Ghandi. I generally like the reads..

Agree with everything expect the big dawgs moving further away. The big dawgs no longer have the ability to hoard 5* talent as depth. Kids will leave for opportunities elsewhere through the portal. For example, Alabama has an awful QB situation & their best WR is Jacory Brooks. They have fallen off a tad. The emergence of USC, Texas, Miami, & this year even Florida in the recruiting world again is going to help even the playing field.
There is definitely something to the fact they lose depth. Flip side is they truly just use lower programs as minor league developmental teams and steal their top players.

The driver of that comment is the inequity with the 5-star commits going to the elites in more clusters. It used to be unusual for teams to get more than four 5-stars but it happens nowadays. You’ve had the “all-time” highest ranked classes three times in the past four years.

But I suppose that part is up for debate.

I think it’s true that understanding a poster’s definition of terms can help decipher the tenor of a post.

Elite, to me, is a class that positions you to have outlier talent. I think of things on a normal distribution curve quite often and tend to see elite as outlier territory. 3 standard deviations above the mean etc.

Great is ~2, good is ~1, average is average and work backwards.

If I was building out a “policy” it would include weights on positions and where the ratings come from, but that’s a bit too formal for this setting.

Suffice to say, I don’t think Miami is pulling a class full of recruits with commitable offers from Georgia or Alabama. Players that they slam their fist on the table when they say no to them and yes to Miami.

I think Miami pulls a class of very good players and recruits far better than they have under previous regimes. Which is moving Miami forward and will pay dividends eventually. A 7-12 recruiting class is a pretty wide range, but I think it’ll be a very good class regardless of final number.

Advertisement
I think it’s true that understanding a poster’s definition of terms can help decipher the tenor of a post.

Elite, to me, is a class that positions you to have outlier talent. I think of things on a normal distribution curve quite often and tend to see elite as outlier territory. 3 standard deviations above the mean etc.

If I was building out a “policy” it would include weights on positions and where the ratings come from, but that’s a bit too formal for this setting.

Suffice to say, I don’t think Miami is pulling a class full of recruits with commitable offers from Georgia or Alabama. Players that they slam their fist on the table when they say no to them and yes to Miami.

I think Miami pulls a class of very good players and recruits far better than they have under previous regimes. Which is moving Miami forward and will pay dividends eventually. A 7-12 recruiting class is a pretty wide range, but I think it’ll be a very good class regardless of final number.
But with that you need to state how many peers your comparing us too. If you are comparing us to all of FBS (128 Still I think), the #7 class would absolutely meet that definition of elite. If you're only comparing us against the typical top 25 programs in the country, yeah I'd say we aren't getting an elite class - just a good/great one still.

I mean if you look at the 2023 class, there is only one program that recruited above us that has also not been in the CFP yet like us - Texas.

The clear top 3 when it comes to recruiting are Alabama, Georgia, and Ohio State.
After that you likely have some combo of US, LSU, Texas A&M, Oklahoma, Texas, Clemson, USC, UF, and FSU as the next group with ND, Michigan, PSU, UTenn, and Oregon close behind. Thats a top 17 that I'd say all yearly recruit at a level that they should be able to reach the CFP... and for the most part everyone else after that isn't close.

Agreed. Recruiting is fluid with or without bags in these narcissistic social media days and it’s also early July.

How quickly we forget our stacked July classes with Al Golden...

I appreciate it, but don’t give the morons red meat.

Let them think what they will and we’ll keep it moving.
I don’t really have a dog in the fight as it’s early summer but to call people here morons because they differ on you categorizing our dl class as a disappointment a week into July is pretty moronic…

Lol far from some weird two account guy.

I was doing the same as you except taking it a smidge further. Not only is it a joke to announce the bottom falling out of the DL class this early…. But it was quite telling Ghandi had nothing to say after Lightfoot committed - I took it as someone was butt hurt they turned out incorrect literally the same day. You know… like he/she would rather be right than celebrate the Canes landing a difference maker.

I’m big on accountability… something this program has lacked for decades. So I called a spade a spade.

You aren’t familiar with my name cuz I don’t litter the boards to see myself speak. If I have something of value I’ll add it (like calling Cormani to Miami before he committed when everyone thought I was bat**** crazy - and that’s because I have connects in polk county)

Anyway…. No issue with Ghandi. I generally like the reads..
all is well we are on same page, my comment was directed to the other poster who came out of left field to start ****, not you

Advertisement
But with that you need to state how many peers your comparing us too. If you are comparing us to all of FBS (128 Still I think), the #7 class would absolutely meet that definition of elite. If you're only comparing us against the typical top 25 programs in the country, yeah I'd say we aren't getting an elite class - just a good/great one still.

I mean if you look at the 2023 class, there is only one program that recruited above us that has also not been in the CFP yet like us - Texas.

The clear top 3 when it comes to recruiting are Alabama, Georgia, and Ohio State.
After that you likely have some combo of US, LSU, Texas A&M, Oklahoma, Texas, Clemson, USC, UF, and FSU as the next group with ND, Michigan, PSU, UTenn, and Oregon close behind. Thats a top 17 that I'd say all yearly recruit at a level that they should be able to reach the CFP... and for the most part everyone else after that isn't close.
I gave you my position; I don't think it's elite. Then I followed up with my definition of elite after you asked for that.

You are free to see whatever you feel as elite and put your definition of it how you see fit. That's part of the fun.

I’m not always a big fan of the Gaussian Bell Curve and it’s many disciples but this what I would call an elite post…

Advertisement

If all that makes sense.
7-10 is elite anything in the top 10 is elite!

Advertisement
Back