Full Richt Comments on QB Decision

Man if I'm Jarren Williams - I am working my **** off right now, getting into the playbook, making sure that I am putting my best foot forward - because everything was right there for Kosi to take the job and run with it...but according to what I'm reading, is not putting the work in. I would make it impossible for Richt to keep the redshirt on me.

He should be absolutely licking his chops at this opportunity that has opened up. Maybe he'll get meaningful snaps in the last three games. Who knows.

At the same time - I have mixed emotions. I'm incredibly disappointed in Perry if it is in fact true that he's not putting the work in, because that is what it takes to succeed at this level. Everybody is talented, you have to be willing to outwork the other guys to stand out. And I'm also ****ed off at Richt for creating this whole mess in the first place. If you didn't like the way Kosi was practicing, you should have shelved him and given Rosier the keys if you're determined to keep the shirt on Williams. But no, he chose the worst possible BS path and yanked Kosi after a couple mistakes and now here we are, with 40% completion baseball player as our "new old" starting QB.

Ugh. Dammit this is Miami. Why is it we can't have nice things? What have we done other than be passionate fans that have endured the most horrible coaching possible over the past 15 years? Something HAS GOT TO GIVE

Something happened to the :neonu: at halftime of the 2003 Fiesta Bowl.

We haven't been the same program since then.

Advertisement
It's not about Perry, there's still a whole team that wants to win. Perry is a better QB when it comes to making throws & timing but if he's not studying the playbook or watching film then does he really give us the better chance of Winning?
I'd love Perry to start, there's a different rhythm to the offense when he's in there. But against FSU he was 40% and against UVa though he was 50% (3-6 2 INT's). Those are Rosier's #'s & if Richt thinks that Perry maybe better off sitting and learning, you've got to go with his decision. Richt has won 74% of his games over a 17 yr. career as a HC.
Truth is, it's probably killing him to play Rosier because he knows Perry is the more talented player, but if Perry is just winging it out there and can't Read a Defense what choice does it leave Richt

If Rosier gives us the best chance to win, why would Perry play at all? I have supported CMR through and through but this is tough to swallow. I actually thought he handled the Perry situation well with sitting him for the first part of the season and then giving him the keys. Now I have no idea wtf he is doing.

So when Rosie stinks up the joint in Chestnut Hill, we then start NKosi next game, then Rosier, then Perry etc... . Or how about he just flip a coin to see who starts? I’m really beginning to think Richt has lost his mind.

Advertisement
We hired a senile old coot that can't win big games and was fired by his previous school.

We have no one to blame but ourselves. Richtirement should be playing shuffleboard in West Palm somewhere, not botching playcalls and QB depth charts.

This is our fault. What old coot with dementia wouldn't take free millions to coach a team?

We're paying for it now, boys.

So you're saying you wouldn't have extended him this past off-season?

So when Rosie stinks up the joint in Chestnut Hill, we then start NKosi next game, then Rosier, then Perry etc... . Or how about he just flip a coin to see who starts? I’m really beginning to think Richt has lost his mind.
Nah homie he's starting ROsier because he gives us the best chance to win.

Perry isn't a good QB and everyone knows it.

It's not about Perry, there's still a whole team that wants to win. Perry is a better QB when it comes to making throws & timing but if he's not studying the playbook or watching film then does he really give us the better chance of Winning?
I'd love Perry to start, there's a different rhythm to the offense when he's in there. But against FSU he was 40% and against UVa though he was 50% (3-6 2 INT's). Those are Rosier's #'s & if Richt thinks that Perry maybe better off sitting and learning, you've got to go with his decision. Richt has won 74% of his games over a 17 yr. career as a HC.
Truth is, it's probably killing him to play Rosier because he knows Perry is the more talented player, but if Perry is just winging it out there and can't Read a Defense what choice does it leave Richt

Perry is not going to learn from sitting on the bench. I don’t believe Rosier gives us the best chance to win... If he does than his QB recruiting and development is the worst ever seen in college football!

Advertisement
I WARNED all of you @sshole Richt lovers in December 2015 about this fraud of of head coach. And now we’re stuck with this dude for a looooooong @ss time

Damnit, man! So ****ed right now
I just went out and bought a bottle of E-Z Glide, I’m bent over for you, bottle in hand.

Is anybody still against the banners? Perry will transfer. Richt never believed in him. Sad. Im done with Richt. Today was the day

I got some inside information from a very close source inside the program and here it is. The reason why 5 is not starting and looked so horrible on the road was a direct result of him not spending time to study the playbook. Richt made reference to it in his press conference when he spoke about "maturity". That was a direct reference to 5 not putting in the necessary work needed to be the starter here. My source also said don't be surprised if 5 loses the job next season to Jarren and transfer. I personally don't like the vanilla offense we are playing but at the same time someone has to be in knosi ears about taking care of his business. I am rooting for the kid, but he has to do the work too. I know many of you have heard about his work ethic and knowing the playbook before so no surprise there. Please don't kill the messenger and i got this from a very very reliable source.
We know its Richt. Son or Daddy

Advertisement
We hired a senile old coot that can't win big games and was fired by his previous school.

We have no one to blame but ourselves. Richtirement should be playing shuffleboard in West Palm somewhere, not botching playcalls and QB depth charts.

This is our fault. What old coot with dementia wouldn't take free millions to coach a team?

We're paying for it now, boys.
Can’t win big games?? Dudes been pretty effectively not winning small games too.

I don't understand why fans are so upset with this decision. I understand Perry is the future of the program but we still have a shot to win the coastal and Rosier was the QB that help this team win it last year. So he is more than capable of doing it again. Is he elite or good? No! But he has some ability. Especially in the run game.
He just lost to UVfvckingA

Advertisement
I don't understand why fans are so upset with this decision. I understand Perry is the future of the program but we still have a shot to win the coastal and Rosier was the QB that help this team win it last year. So he is more than capable of doing it again. Is he elite or good? No! But he has some ability. Especially in the run game.
Have you seen his numbers vs power 5 teams? Dude is ***.

I knew.. pretty sure some of us knew we weren’t Championship contenders just yet.. Why put Malik as the starter? I’d rather be Bowl eligible with Perry than watching a game with ROsier throwing.. Mad asf impatiently waiting to smoke a Newport during timeouts and halftimes because the receivers can’t get the ball smh man even with the Ls I was excited hearing Kosi would start smh now I’m like let us lose against BC and I’m wrapping the year up smh I can’t anymore.. Richt the real soul snatcher #pause

I guess you would have pulled Torretta in 2002 against FSU and Dorsey against Washington too. Will Perry ever be close to either of them ... probably not but now we'll never know.

The whole point of starting Perry and letting him finish is we will be no better or worse record wise at the end of the season and at least we'll know if Perry is good or not.

Now we are going to win/lose the same number of games and have no idea who to start next year.

Rosier is garbage. As soon as Pitt set the blueprint of making Rosier make accurate short/intermediate passes to matriculate down the field instead of hitting a couple home run balls per game it was over. Pitt, Clemson, Wisky, and LSU all did the same ******* thing with Rosier.

While i understand the point you're trying to make im not sure what torretta game you're referring too, must be 1992, and dorsey vs the huskies in 2002, i think these are not good comparisons, you talking about qb's on top 5 teams and both had established o-lines, which perry does not have the luxury of having. Those teams were national championship caliber teams. There are times when a headcoach has to be able to not be scared to make the unpopular call, how many in here think it was ok for vinny testaverde to stay in that national championship game after pick#3 or 4, but he was allowed to throw #5 from what i understood and he changed the play from handing it to highsmith and check into #5 where no widereceiver was around, than all of a sudden he "color blind" im sure after the game he knew that money was green. So i take it you would've let testaverde stay in and throw 5 picks since he helped get us their in 86.

If rosier started the UVA game at worst it may have been a field, position battle game, as frustrating as he can be, he didnlead this team to 10wins and should've been 11wins had the refs not been paid off to look the other way against wisconsin. #5 needs to study more, its obvious, if he wants to be able to run this system, i dont mind letting coach richt coach this team, he knows what perry knows or doesnt know better than anybody and with this stretch of games coming up coach richt aint got time for guess work, he going with the qb he knows best and who has put the work in to learn the system, of course perry is more talented, but he has a responsibilty to his teammates to know and be confident in this system, alot of offensive players get hurt trying to make tackles against the picks perry threw last week. Coach richt dont care how talented a qb is, if he doesnt protect the football, sit down. Our qb situation is not ideal, kaaya leaving early messed that up, but the qb position like everywhere else is on the come up. Look how many young receivers we got, Ahmon being hurt has impacted the whole offense, now all teams gotta do is double jeff and bracket brevin, until or unless another wideout steps us, plus our widereceivers blocking has taken a big step back this year, with Ahmon being hurt and braxton graduating, so we're not a dominant blocking widereceiver team like the last 2 yrs. We'll get there eventually, but right now, that's where were at, which is why butch davis had no problems runing the ball for 3 straight plays continuosly and punting the ball. The type offense coach richt is trying to run, alot of the players are just not developed yet to run it, so this bye week will give him and the offensive staff time to make adjustments and we'll see cause perry had his chance to cement himself in that position but he left the door open. Also perry losing the starting job is similar to him getting suspended for the lsu game, letting his teammates down, this situation will make him either sink or swim, i dont mind the move for the long term, ill tolerate rosier who has earned that right from me, you help to snap the streak against Fsu and help to beat notre shame and V-tech in the same year im going to respect em. And so it is with kirby freeman, no matter how bad he may have played in other games, he came in and drove the team downfield to beat Fsu, stood in their and took a big hit for the team to get that pass off, so he's earned the same right as rosier.

Advertisement
Back