Full Richt Comments on QB Decision

Go watch the throws against FSU to Brevin and Jeff Thomas. Rosier can't even dream of making those throws.

LMAO, Rosier has made BIG TIME THROWS FOR MIAMI. He is wildy inconsistent,, but there's no doubt he did great things for this program.

To put the man down and make lies because you still have an infatuation with Perry (who you guys thought would start was a true freshman) is hilarouis.

Yall see that dime ROsier to Berrios int he ND game for a tD? If that was Perry you would cream in your pants OJMMGGGG PERRY SO GOOD ARM TALENT UHHHHH

We have a joke fanbase.

Advertisement
To me, this was the way i thought ut should've been done from the beginning, let perry come in and run series. I could see in the F.i.u. game perry still has alot of developing to do, while he has made some excellent throws, if anybody studies tape of perry, you can easily game plan and scheme against him. gor instance, in the Fsu game, first half and than in the second half yeah he made plays, but im telling you brian burns bailed kosi out, cause on that play right before kosi threw that beautiful pass up the seam to jeff thomas, a widereceiver screen was called, Fsu and particularly #20 for Fsu read it the whole way and was in position for a pick 6, but burns blew the play up and batted it down.

Than you got that touchdown throw to brevin jordan, yeah it was a sweet and how he looked the safety off and than came back and threw the pass, the problem is, right now its not natural yet as far as losi looking off defenders, he's still assuming when he looks one direction, once he comes back and looks the other way the receiver will be open, that's how he threw those picks against UVA, and you could tell the db's for UVA stayed discipline to that. He tried that same look off move and came back and threw it to harley, and the db never moved, plus they already knew #3 was kosi's go to man in the crunch. So why i dont like it that rosier is starting, its the right call, cause we are once again going up against a team that'll probably be more physical than VA. I'd rather see perry take a step back to move forward, this aint the nfl where you just throw a player in the starting role and let him take his hits.

People do have to wake up some, if a guy is 3 of 6 with 20yrds passing and 2picks, you cant leave that man in there like that, plus its well known that coach richt not gone tolerate those type of interceptions that harm the team. Let's be real, perry gave UVA 10points. I give coach richt credit for making the tough call, perry is going to have to put in the work for that starting spot otherwise, jw will pass him up, this is a more important move for the future of this program. You cant have perry out their looking like doo-doo while trying to recruit top receivers. These next games are the ones perry can learn from the most, consistency is the key, he'll get better

I guess you would have pulled Torretta in 1992 against FSU and Dorsey against Washington too. Will Perry ever be close to either of them ... probably not but now we'll never know.

The whole point of starting Perry and letting him finish is we will be no better or worse record wise at the end of the season and at least we'll know if Perry is good or not.

Now we are going to win/lose the same number of games and have no idea who to start next year.

Rosier is garbage. As soon as Pitt set the blueprint of making Rosier make accurate short/intermediate passes to matriculate down the field instead of hitting a couple home run balls per game it was over. Pitt, Clemson, Wisky, and LSU all did the same ******* thing with Rosier.

Last edited:

LMAO, Rosier has made BIG TIME THROWS FOR MIAMI. He is wildy inconsistent,, but there's no doubt he did great things for this program.

To put the man down and make lies because you still have an infatuation with Perry (who you guys thought would start was a true freshman) is hilarouis.

Yall see that dime ROsier to Berrios int he ND game for a tD? If that was Perry you would cream in your pants OJMMGGGG PERRY SO GOOD ARM TALENT UHHHHH

We have a joke fanbase.

This is definitely Rosier's sister.

Advertisement
You want to compare the numbers homie?

Malik Rosier completes 44% of his passes against P5 competition. N'Kosi can throw 44% but at least he isn't a 5th year senior. He deserves the nod especially now that the season is over.

You sir, are a dumb *** if you think otherwise.

Advertisement
Time to ramp up the QB recruiting because next year's depth chart will start and end with Williams.

We have a joke fanbase.

The problem is that once teams got tape on Rosier and began to scheme on how to limit/stop him, he never took the next step and grew beyond that, which falls squarely on the richt and son. Perry had more upside and a higher ceiling and even with his bad performance last week at UVA, people were willing to be more patient with him.

Richt is so desperate to try and give himself the best chance at a pathetic 9-4 season that he doesn't care if it comes at the cost of our future
While by no means am I arguing myself that Rosier is better for us right now than Perry, nor am I defending CMR in any way, I have to take issue with this one part of your post. IF the staff genuinely believes Roisier gives us a better chance to win (and again, I'm not making an argument that is the case, so please don't run in that direction with my comment) then that is the right decision as the season is NOT lost and a guaranteed 9-4 debacle. We still have a very real chance to make it to Charlotte. Again, I'm looking at one specific angle of this here, not the bigger picture; and I too don't see us making it to Charlotte if Rosier is under center. But to say our "best chance" is a 9-4 pathetic season is stupid. That's not the case right now at all. And that's a statement of fact, not an opinion.

Now I'm fully aware there are other more important aspects to this... Perry's confidence, losing him potentially, the teammates' discontent with Rosier starting, CMR's play calling, etc. But let's not talk like we ALREADY have 4 losses and the season is over. We don't and it's not; the Coastal sucks and if we win out and UVA loses a conf game we are there.

But, yes, this sucks to read. We've seen Rosier and we know what he brings, and it isn't enough. Bad time to be a Cane right now.

Pitiful that we don't have a legitimate starting QB on this roster, what a disgrace.

Advertisement
between this **** and perry's "keep my head down and mouth shut" tweets

we're gonna lose players to transfer, it's almost certain

between this **** and perry's "keep my head down and mouth shut" tweets

we're gonna lose players to transfer, it's almost certain
so we lose bad players who are mentlaly weak.

Perry can transfer the **** out, dude ain't starting here.

Advertisement
I don't understand why fans are so upset with this decision. I understand Perry is the future of the program but we still have a shot to win the coastal and Rosier was the QB that help this team win it last year. So he is more than capable of doing it again. Is he elite or good? No! But he has some ability. Especially in the run game.

He also can't make the throws and run the offense that Perry can.

I got some inside information from a very close source inside the program and here it is. The reason why 5 is not starting and looked so horrible on the road was a direct result of him not spending time to study the playbook. Richt made reference to it in his press conference when he spoke about "maturity". That was a direct reference to 5 not putting in the necessary work needed to be the starter here. My source also said don't be surprised if 5 loses the job next season to Jarren and transfer. I personally don't like the vanilla offense we are playing but at the same time someone has to be in knosi ears about taking care of his business. I am rooting for the kid, but he has to do the work too. I know many of you have heard about his work ethic and knowing the playbook before so no surprise there. Please don't kill the messenger and i got this from a very very reliable source.
He should quit playing video games and cruising the streets of Miami. Kid is all over social media doing everything NOT-related to football. Ther's a reason he hasn't played, too busy to do his homework.

so we lose bad players who are mentlaly weak.

Perry can transfer the **** out, dude ain't starting here.
You/Your Brother are LITERALLY the worst QB I've ever seen thrown the football at Miami. Your ONLY redeeming quality is that you can run okay. Deejay Dallas would be a better starting QB than you are.

Advertisement
Back