Full Richt Comments on QB Decision

I didn’t understand why Georgia fans didn’t like him and called him 10 win Richt. But I understand completely he’s entirely to conservatives to ever win the big one bc he’s safe

Advertisement
While i understand the point you're trying to make im not sure what torretta game you're referring too, must be 1992, and dorsey vs the huskies in 2002, i think these are not good comparisons, you talking about qb's on top 5 teams and both had established o-lines, which perry does not have the luxury of having. Those teams were national championship caliber teams. There are times when a headcoach has to be able to not be scared to make the unpopular call, how many in here think it was ok for vinny testaverde to stay in that national championship game after pick#3 or 4, but he was allowed to throw #5 from what i understood and he changed the play from handing it to highsmith and check into #5 where no widereceiver was around, than all of a sudden he "color blind" im sure after the game he knew that money was green. So i take it you would've let testaverde stay in and throw 5 picks since he helped get us their in 86.

If rosier started the UVA game at worst it may have been a field, position battle game, as frustrating as he can be, he didnlead this team to 10wins and should've been 11wins had the refs not been paid off to look the other way against wisconsin. #5 needs to study more, its obvious, if he wants to be able to run this system, i dont mind letting coach richt coach this team, he knows what perry knows or doesnt know better than anybody and with this stretch of games coming up coach richt aint got time for guess work, he going with the qb he knows best and who has put the work in to learn the system, of course perry is more talented, but he has a responsibilty to his teammates to know and be confident in this system, alot of offensive players get hurt trying to make tackles against the picks perry threw last week. Coach richt dont care how talented a qb is, if he doesnt protect the football, sit down. Our qb situation is not ideal, kaaya leaving early messed that up, but the qb position like everywhere else is on the come up. Look how many young receivers we got, Ahmon being hurt has impacted the whole offense, now all teams gotta do is double jeff and bracket brevin, until or unless another wideout steps us, plus our widereceivers blocking has taken a big step back this year, with Ahmon being hurt and braxton graduating, so we're not a dominant blocking widereceiver team like the last 2 yrs. We'll get there eventually, but right now, that's where were at, which is why butch davis had no problems runing the ball for 3 straight plays continuosly and punting the ball. The type offense coach richt is trying to run, alot of the players are just not developed yet to run it, so this bye week will give him and the offensive staff time to make adjustments and we'll see cause perry had his chance to cement himself in that position but he left the door open. Also perry losing the starting job is similar to him getting suspended for the lsu game, letting his teammates down, this situation will make him either sink or swim, i dont mind the move for the long term, ill tolerate rosier who has earned that right from me, you help to snap the streak against Fsu and help to beat notre shame and V-tech in the same year im going to respect em. And so it is with kirby freeman, no matter how bad he may have played in other games, he came in and drove the team downfield to beat Fsu, stood in their and took a big hit for the team to get that pass off, so he's earned the same right as rosier.

Welcome back Calvin! I remember U from the old Miami Herald Cane blog days. At least I think it's the same Calvin. If not, beg my pardon.:youre-nuts:

Think Perry is leaving the team altogether after this. Kid deserved a chance, especially since the season is down the tubes anyway. Miami and the GD Hoos. Will. Not. Watch. Anymore.

I view this as a good thing. Let richt start rosier and we still lose and then its all richt. He can no longer blame the QB. he went with the guy he wanted and still lost.

Perry should walk into practice and the QB meeting room holding a bible and wearing a T-shirt with John 3:16 on it.

Richt would smile and immediately start him and never pull him out of games.

Bet that’s what Rosier is doing and it’s prolly why Richt is so enamored with him. He don’t see INTs or missed throws, he’s awe struck and smiling wryly at Rosiers cool looking bible
No, what Perry should do is pray for the light bulb to go off. He has and has had every opportunity to take the starting job, but is too immature to realize the job is there for the taking. You don't see many D1 starters eating **** on social media. He should be studying defenses and the playbook.

Advertisement
While i understand the point you're trying to make im not sure what torretta game you're referring too, must be 1992, and dorsey vs the huskies in 2002, i think these are not good comparisons, you talking about qb's on top 5 teams and both had established o-lines, which perry does not have the luxury of having. Those teams were national championship caliber teams. There are times when a headcoach has to be able to not be scared to make the unpopular call, how many in here think it was ok for vinny testaverde to stay in that national championship game after pick#3 or 4, but he was allowed to throw #5 from what i understood and he changed the play from handing it to highsmith and check into #5 where no widereceiver was around, than all of a sudden he "color blind" im sure after the game he knew that money was green. So i take it you would've let testaverde stay in and throw 5 picks since he helped get us their in 86.

If rosier started the UVA game at worst it may have been a field, position battle game, as frustrating as he can be, he didnlead this team to 10wins and should've been 11wins had the refs not been paid off to look the other way against wisconsin. #5 needs to study more, its obvious, if he wants to be able to run this system, i dont mind letting coach richt coach this team, he knows what perry knows or doesnt know better than anybody and with this stretch of games coming up coach richt aint got time for guess work, he going with the qb he knows best and who has put the work in to learn the system, of course perry is more talented, but he has a responsibilty to his teammates to know and be confident in this system, alot of offensive players get hurt trying to make tackles against the picks perry threw last week. Coach richt dont care how talented a qb is, if he doesnt protect the football, sit down. Our qb situation is not ideal, kaaya leaving early messed that up, but the qb position like everywhere else is on the come up. Look how many young receivers we got, Ahmon being hurt has impacted the whole offense, now all teams gotta do is double jeff and bracket brevin, until or unless another wideout steps us, plus our widereceivers blocking has taken a big step back this year, with Ahmon being hurt and braxton graduating, so we're not a dominant blocking widereceiver team like the last 2 yrs. We'll get there eventually, but right now, that's where were at, which is why butch davis had no problems runing the ball for 3 straight plays continuosly and punting the ball. The type offense coach richt is trying to run, alot of the players are just not developed yet to run it, so this bye week will give him and the offensive staff time to make adjustments and we'll see cause perry had his chance to cement himself in that position but he left the door open. Also perry losing the starting job is similar to him getting suspended for the lsu game, letting his teammates down, this situation will make him either sink or swim, i dont mind the move for the long term, ill tolerate rosier who has earned that right from me, you help to snap the streak against Fsu and help to beat notre shame and V-tech in the same year im going to respect em. And so it is with kirby freeman, no matter how bad he may have played in other games, he came in and drove the team downfield to beat Fsu, stood in their and took a big hit for the team to get that pass off, so he's earned the same right as rosier.

Yes I meant 1992. Corrected OP.

Yes I think the Dorsey situation in 2000 is very similar. First big road start. Played like **** in the 1h. Rallied in the 2h but ran out of time. Rest is history.

Welcome back Calvin! I remember U from the old Miami Herald Cane blog days. At least I think it's the same Calvin. If not, beg my pardon.:youre-nuts:
Mckatee Mac Mac Mac, its me brotha, back in the House man, one of our best blog brotha's who always fought the good fight, Great to see you man!

Advertisement
First he says whoever has the better 2 weeks of practice will start.
Then, he names 12 the starter 9 days before BC...

Advertisement
Yes I meant 1992. Corrected OP.

Yes I think the Dorsey situation in 2000 is very similar. First big road start. Played like **** in the 1h. Rallied in the 2h but ran out of time. Rest is history.

No doubt, but dorsey was coming in at a time when butch davis had this thing built and ready to take off. Let's just think, and i still shake my head just thinking about this fact, you talk about a "standard" everytime we got somebody new playing on the o-line, as soon as he gives up a sack, in my mind i be like welp, he wont be able to get that back, dorsey on an o-line with a left tackle that never gave up a sacj his whole career, lol, come on, now that's a stat/standard for yo **** right their. I wonder if guys give up or get down thinking they not gone give up no sacks they whole career coming in, but than if they do, i wonder what they thinking.

Under coach kehoe, our runningbacks always had more explosive runs, we'll see how this turns out.

First he says whoever has the better 2 weeks of practice will start.
Then, he names 12 the starter 9 days before BC...

You can't make this schit up!!!!

"Yeah, well, how I see it is both those young men are really talented guys that can play and can function. We’ll figure out who gives us the best shot next time we play "

Advertisement
No doubt, but dorsey was coming in at a time when butch davis had this thing built and ready to take off. Let's just think, and i still shake my head just thinking about this fact, you talk about a "standard" everytime we got somebody new playing on the o-line, as soon as he gives up a sack, in my mind i be like welp, he wont be able to get that back, dorsey on an o-line with a left tackle that never gave up a sacj his whole career, lol, come on, now that's a stat/standard for yo **** right their. I wonder if guys give up or get down thinking they not gone give up no sacks they whole career coming in, but than if they do, i wonder what they thinking.

Under coach kehoe, our runningbacks always had more explosive runs, we'll see how this turns out.

We also had no choice but to go with KD b/c KK was injured.

You can't make this schit up!!!!

"Yeah, well, how I see it is both those young men are really talented guys that can play and can function. We’ll figure out who gives us the best shot next time we play "

Lol his decision to start 3rd stringer Faton Bauta a few years ago against UFag sits just ahead of this process that is playing out now. Good times.

Advertisement
Back