FSU to allow fans and tailgating

Do you know what the parking lot of HRS will look like if they only allow 15,000 fans (based on 25% capacity) of HRS in the game? There would probably only be at most 10,000 people in the parking lot prior to the game. You can put cars 20 yards a part with that small of a crowd.

Should we ask every person as they walk in how many people they’ve been around the last 48 hours? If you are that concerned about what other people are doing, maybe it’s safer for you to stay home.
Why are you guys so sensitive? I was just asking questions about the rationale (or lack thereof) in Tally. Nobody was even talking about Hard Rock and I wasn't advocating anything or expressing any fear.

It just seems effing stupid to essentially have a giant no rules party outside of Doak for hours on end and then be like "Nope. Only 25% capacity allowed inside here. Safety first!!!".

Advertisement
Why are you guys so sensitive? I was just asking questions about the rationale (or lack thereof) in Tally. Nobody was even talking about Hard Rock and I wasn't advocating anything or expressing any fear.

It just seems effing stupid to essentially have a giant no rules party outside of Doak for hours on end and then be like "Nope. Only 25% capacity allowed inside here. Safety first!!!".

also if were allowed to go to the games this year, are we really gonna btich about fans tailgating or not? throw a party home and uber if you really need to pregame before the game.

Advertisement
But those students are going to party together regardless of a game as seen by UNC, ND, etc.

Maybe - but why facilitate it as a program/University? You should be setting the example, not following the bad habits of teens and young 20's.

Plus the kids doing that in college go there. Tailgates bring fans from all over the city/state. It's bigger numbers and bigger risks.

Maybe - but why facilitate it as a program/University? You should be setting the example, not following the bad habits of teens and young 20's.

Plus the kids doing that in college go there. Tailgates bring fans from all over the city/state. It's bigger numbers and bigger risks.
Maybe it's also about money?

doubt our tickets would be honored this year anyways. if its even a small percentage, itll likely go to the big donors and then individual game tickets for the rest
What my ticket rep told me was if they do 25% it will be just like the select a seat. They will do individual games based on years of having tickets, donations and so on down the list, after they set aside enough for players families.

What my ticket rep told me was if they do 25% it will be just like the select a seat. They will do individual games based on years of having tickets, donations and so on down the list, after they set aside enough for players families.
First I’ve heard of this and I’ve been calling weekly. Thanks for sharing. Hopefully we get some good news soon

Advertisement
They will be so bad they will be lucky to get 20% most games.
Hahahaha. Excellent point. Can't wait for this again.

Screenshot_20200820-193107_Chrome.jpg

Advertisement

25% capacity and tailgating.
Hopefully Miami follows suit even though they said back in June that there would be no tailgating at HRS this season.
I wonder how they will implement this..I’m guess temperature taking and a COVID questionnaire at entry?..on second thought it’s Talley probably not worried about either or lol

Well the cases are definitely down, the trend line is pointing to a much reduced number by September to late September, and hospitalizations are definitely down. In fact, the hospitals were never overwhelmed like many on here were predicting, and covid hospitalizations have markedly decreased over the last couple of weeks.

View attachment 128021
You're getting a little out on front of your skis. We need to wait until October to see the ramifications of k-12 + colleges opening. Certainly, college kids aren't helping.

It is encouraging despite a reduction in testing. Let's hope people can stay the course or whether they resort hack to normality at the 1st sign of light. If the trend is real, Covid-19 deaths should drop over the next few weeks.

Advertisement
Does this mean we get to see that UM fan take on and whoop about 30 noles singlehandedly again?

You're getting a little out on front of your skis. We need to wait until October to see the ramifications of k-12 + colleges opening. Certainly, college kids aren't helping.

It is encouraging despite a reduction in testing. Let's hope people can stay the course or whether they resort hack to normality at the 1st sign of light. If the trend is real, Covid-19 deaths should drop over the next few weeks.
You’re getting a little behind your skis.

Hospitalizations have significantly dropped, so of course deaths are going to drop, but they are a trailing indicator not a leading indicator. What I didn’t mention is that in Florida the percent of positive cases (as a function of patients tested) has also dropped.

As far as waiting until October. Why? What does that have to do with attendance.

Advertisement
Back