FSU Game Concerns

Advertisement
Running yards should be hard to get. We struggled against Duke for yards (albeit they have an above average/good run defense this year) and I'd expect that struggle to only get worse against that dline of FSU.

After rewatching the Duke game I saw Rosier doesn't have the best pocket awareness. Was jittery and anxious to run if his first read wasn't there. This will be a huge test for him as he faces the best defense he's seen as a starter. Hanging in the pocket and trusting his progressions is what worries me with him.

This season has proved we rely on quick drives to break down defenses and score - usually by relying on our superior athleticism and talent. With that pretty much being nullified by FSU's D, Richt will need to call a better game over his defensive counterpart.

Points will be tough to come by for both teams. 20+ points should win it. I don't see FSU scoring that many.

The qb has taken a couple of hits for sure, but I just don't see anyway that blackman doesn't break if norton gets a hand on him like he did frenchie
Cu7oeElW8AAl_6J.jpg_large.jpg

Their defense is still a force to be reckoned with.

With that said them losing Frenchy makes this a game where we definitely SHOULD win. The easiest path to a loss I see is if Rosier gets careless with the ball and we have multiple turnovers. If we can keep turnovers to right around 1 (one is inevitably going to happen in a game of this magnitude) we should win

Biggest thing I want to see is Richt not get conservative and **** the game away the way we did last year. Go for it and be aggressive. I'd rather lose being aggressive than suffer a slow death being conservative and playing for 10-7 or 13-10 type of win.

I fully expect FSU to come after Rosier hard, there will be big plays there for the taking if we can execute.

Last edited:
Running yards should be hard to get. We struggled against Duke for yards (albeit they have an above average/good run defense this year) and I'd expect that struggle to only get worse against that dline of FSU.

After rewatching the Duke game I saw Rosier doesn't have the best pocket awareness. Was jittery and anxious to run if his first read wasn't there. This will be a huge test for him as he faces the best defense he's seen as a starter. Hanging in the pocket and trusting his progressions is what worries me with him.

This season has proved we rely on quick drives to break down defenses and score - usually by relying on our superior athleticism and talent. With that pretty much being nullified by FSU's D, Richt will need to call a better game over his defensive counterpart.

Points will be tough to come by for both teams. 20+ points should win it. I don't see FSU scoring that many.

I noticed that with Rosier too, and that could be a problem for him against FSU. I love the guy and admire what he's accomplished so far, but I'm not so sure he went through reads against Puke. He didn't have much time, but it pretty much looked like one read and curl up and try to fall forward for a couple yards.

Advertisement

I noticed that with Rosier too, and that could be a problem for him against FSU. I love the guy and admire what he's accomplished so far, but I'm not so sure he went through reads against Puke. He didn't have much time, but it pretty much looked like one read and curl up and try to fall forward for a couple yards.

Our OL struggled at times and caused him to be jittery. Under a clean pocket game like Toledo I saw him being much more thorough. Need a big game from them so Rosier can stand tall and trust them.

Our OL struggled at times and caused him to be jittery. Under a clean pocket game like Toledo I saw him being much more thorough. Need a big game from them so Rosier can stand tall and trust them.
We won't be facing Toledo's defense. So Rick is going to have to make some adjustments to the offense. Asking us to hold our blocks while we run slow-developing routes could put us in harm's way.

12 needs to be able to extend drives for us with his legs and keep their D on the field. If we can control the clock and get some points, we can run it down their tired puzzies in the 4th qtr.

Advertisement
It does seem that something special has to happen for FSU to win this game. Against WF James returned a kickoff that was called back. Do not, i reiterate, DO NOT allow something like that to give FSU momentum. Badgley I want all your kicks 10 yards into end zone!

Don't understand why we don't do this every time.

No east and west runs. Go straight at them behind the right side of the OL. Homer should be a major factor.

I don't trust our o-line enough to be able to do this. The biggest thing to get our offense and run game going will be some up tempo screens, scrambles, then boom let walton and homer do their thing. Tempo will be key for our offense to keep them on their heels. Us having to run screens scares me as well, Rosier has a tendency to overthrow in the middle of the field.

LOL...trusting them has nothing to do with it. They are too fast to run east/west on...you hit em in the gut for a few yards to open up the passing game. East / West **** gives them more time to get off blocks and make a play.

UM

I don't think they can cover all the guys we have on offense, Richards, Walton, Herndon and Berrios somebody's gonna be open. I forget who it was but on Berrios TD vs Duke the WR to his right was totally uncovered too.

The team that runs the ball best - more effectively when it counts - will win the game. Neither o-line is impressive (F$U gets their starting left tackle back this week) and both d-lines should feast. We should have a slight edge but in a rivalry game...you never know.

Advertisement
Advertisement
1. We haven't run consistently on FSU since the Pink Erickson era. Rick will have to figure out a way to scheme up an effective run game. By effective, I mean consistent 4 yard gains so we don't get behind the chains. The odds of us gashing them for huge yards consistently in the run game are slim and none.

If we stay basic and try the same stuff we tried against Puke, FSU will squash our offense. Puke ate our run game up, and FSU is better than they are.

2. Find a way to not let Naadi and Christmas destroy our offense. Nothing kills an offense like getting crushed in the middle.

3. Generate consistent pressure with as few pass rushers as possible. And don't take dumb penalties once you get to the QB. Those roughing penalties are like turnovers most of the time.

4. Limit coverage disasters where guys are running free and don't give up giant gash runs in the run game.

Duke stacked the box to force Rosier to beat them, and he obliged.

My main concern is that we're only going to move up a spot or two in the polls following this win against a junk team and a program on the decline.

FSU defense is quick to react - need some misdirection to make them hesitate.

Richards is a master of inward slants - but we rarely see it.

Advertisement
Back