FSU Game Concerns

Our special teams coverage and return units are no good. This vexes me.

Advertisement

special teams is one of those things you can't make perfect in practice, takes game experience to make better. Unfortunately, we haven't played a lot of games to be on the same level as other teams right now.

Kick coverage is going to be our biggest issue.

This may be our worst kick off coverage team ever 3 games in. Quick kick offs with little hang time landing between the 5-10. The kick side of it is whats so awful. Just need more hang time to give our guys time to cover.

We have only had two opponents drives start inside the 20 (BCC had one and Duke had another). The Duke one was a bad decision by the returner. On a decent kick.

FSU looks like FN monsters on kick returns. Absolute burners.

That's the only aspect of this game that concerns me. I can see multiple short fields coming into play this game if we cant kick out of the end zone.

Voila! Miami is nationally ranked way down the line when it comes to punt coverage and kickoff coverage. Yikes. And FSU has a very good return game and whatnot. Ouch.

Miami's run defense. Because FSU is going to POUND the ball with their running game. In other words, Miami's linebackers have to play much better against the run!:puzzled:

Advertisement
Their defense is still a force to be reckoned with.

With that said them losing Frenchy makes this a game where we definitely SHOULD win. The easiest path to a loss I see is if Rosier gets careless with the ball and we have multiple turnovers. If we can keep turnovers to right around 1 (one is inevitably going to happen in a game of this magnitude) we should win

Biggest thing I want to see is Richt not get conservative and **** the game away the way we did last year. Go for it and be aggressive. I'd rather lose being aggressive than suffer a slow death being conservative and playing for 10-7 or 13-10 type of win.

I fully expect FSU to come after Rosier hard, there will be big plays there for the taking if we can execute.

Yes. Your boy Richt tends to go ' conservative ' in these type of close, nasty games. Ouch. And this is the season Miami should easily win this game by TWENTY POINTS or more. Yikes. Yet, Richt is still on the sidelines and what not. hUh.

My biggest concerns:

1. FSU/DL vs UM OL: Sweat provides major speed from the outside and Nandi and Christmas are stout.
2. FSU LBs/UM RBs-TEs: They're going to matchup Thomas on Herndon and Walton and try to take them away
3. FSU WRs vs UM CBs: Tate and Gavin are very solid - both big kids that can run and catch. Gavin is a good returner.
4. FSU return game vs UM coverage units: scary stuff. We have all the right kinds of kids on ST coverages (big hitters that can run), just not clicking for whatever reason

Advertisement
My only concern is that my wife will go into labor on gameday.

would there be a more glorious day in your life, having a child the same day we destroy fsu!

Not if I end up missing my baby being born.

Question of the Day, Did you have your baby during the FSU Game? If yes, how gloriouos, If no, have you had he/she yet?

Baby boy #3 actually came the day you asked this. 10/16/17 at 6 pm.

Advertisement
Back