FSU Game Concerns

this game is the unleashing of jeff Thomas !! fsu loves to move derwin inside the box and use him to blitz often. leaves one on one. that's how Alabama scored with ridley when they played week 1.

Advertisement
If Miami can run on them, the game is over, but they really took that away last year. Rosier's mobility should make a difference. He just needs to keep doing what he's doing and protect the ball.

FSU will be fired up and ready to play. Count on it. I see our Canes being fired up, but we are going to be in Doak.

So..

Rosier is going to have to make some first downs with his legs. He won't have much time with their defensive line, so he's going to only get through one maybe two reads. Then he is probably running or getting crushed. His play is the biggest key and concern to win. His nerves in the Second half will be dialed up.

I really see the need for Walton to be able to play well. If not Homer will have to carry a lot of the load and get first downs and make plays. Maybe not home runs. But decent gains.

And like many others have said we must hit there QB. Get him having to make decisions faster than he is ready for.

1 turnover but costs us 3 at most.

I'm genuinely concerned with what I'm going to to grill for the game on Saturday. Mahi or steak sandwiches?

Advertisement
Their defense is still a force to be reckoned with.

With that said them losing Frenchy makes this a game where we definitely SHOULD win. The easiest path to a loss I see is if Rosier gets careless with the ball and we have multiple turnovers. If we can keep turnovers to right around 1 (one is inevitably going to happen in a game of this magnitude) we should win

Biggest thing I want to see is Richt not get conservative and **** the game away the way we did last year. Go for it and be aggressive. I'd rather lose being aggressive than suffer a slow death being conservative and playing for 10-7 or 13-10 type of win.

I fully expect FSU to come after Rosier hard, there will be big plays there for the taking if we can execute.

THIS.

FSU knows that their Offense can not line up and beat our Defense through 4 quarters. They are relying on their Defense and Special Teams to create turnovers and make it easy on their Offense.

As long as we don't turn the ball over or give up a $hitload of costly penalties, we will win this game. They have too many weaknesses this year and no superstars on Offense to bail them out. It will be a hard fought close battle, but we will prevail to the tune of 31 - 21.

FSU will be fired up and ready to play. Count on it. I see our Canes being fired up, but we are going to be in Doak.

So..

Rosier is going to have to make some first downs with his legs. He won't have much time with their defensive line, so he's going to only get through one maybe two reads. Then he is probably running or getting crushed. His play is the biggest key and concern to win. His nerves in the Second half will be dialed up.

I really see the need for Walton to be able to play well. If not Homer will have to carry a lot of the load and get first downs and make plays. Maybe not home runs. But decent gains.

And like many others have said we must hit there QB. Get him having to make decisions faster than he is ready for.

1 turnover but costs us 3 at most.

Miami leads the series 31-30 and has won 14 times in Tally, FSU has won 19 times in Miami so home field means little in this game. Basically over half the time the road team wins.
Take a look at what you wrote, literally everything is more aptly applied to FSU than Miami, you do realize they're starting a true freshman at QB abd RB.

None of our concerns are as big as their O-line concerns. I couldn't believe how bad they looked against WF.

Special Teams.

Their defense and ST will keep them in this. We are slow on kickoff and Derwin may house one. If they get a couple of turnovers we may not be able to score enough to catch up. We have to play a smart/clean game and dominate without defense!

Advertisement
F$U's special teams are much better. Both defensive lines will feast. F$U's secondary has the talent to cover our WR's man-to-man especially considering the pressure the front 7 will apply. Even if Rosier has time, he tends to look at his predetermined first read and, if not open, tuck the ball and run (or fall forward).

When was the last time we were favored on the road against a perennial Top 10 team? (I understand they are not in the Top 10 this year). How will our players handle the environment? How will the Frosh WR's play when they can no longer "out-athlete" the opponent? How will the O-Line hold up against the best front 4 they will face all year? Can Walton learn to pickup a blitz? Will Richt implement new wrinkles? Is Badgley going to miss an XP or FG or leave one short at the 5 yard line and allowing our unspectacular special teams to get gashed?

This game will be closed. Very close. Gotta run the ball effectively to win.

Last edited:
Agreed Frenchie is tough but he has about 50lbs on Blackman. Seriously injuring Blackman isn't likely but Joe Jack or Norton or Chad giving him a bad concussion when they got 80-100+ lbs on him is very possible

Blackman isn't frail. He's taken some big hits and bounced back up. What he was, however, in the latter stages of the NCSU game was gunshy. He started turning his body after absorbing hits from Chubb for a couple quarters. As he started turning and flinching he lost zip and accuracy. If we can put hits on him like NCSU did that will bode well for us.

I wouldn't mind Miami taking an early shot on him even if it results in a 15 yarder.

Was thinking the same. Might as well try and take him out early. I have no problem with us taking cheap shots (long as it's with someone expendable) on them bc there's no doubt they'l be gunning for Walton's ankle.

Send Patachan at him like we did Francois last year.

Patchan is not on the travel squad. I really thought he would be part of the rotation. Johnson is the last DE off bench on travel team.

Really?

I'm sure I saw him on the field against Duke on offence, although we called a time out before a play was run.

Advertisement
None of our concerns are as big as their O-line concerns. I couldn't believe how bad they looked against WF.

Yup.

Their OL situation was the main reason I thought we would win this game even if they had all their players healthy.
Add in a Frosh QB who has never seem a front seven like ours in his worst nightmares...
...and I think we win by at least a couple TD''s.

The Turnover chain will be seen a lot at the Doak.

I have legitimate concerns with us covering those quick throws and bubbles for an entire game and special teams. Other than that we should take care of business with good execution

Advertisement
Y wud we b concern bro? FSU barely beet Wake bro. We gunna rolll

Its rivalry week but these annoying *** cry babies still talking about what "concerns" them gtfoh

Advertisement
Back