From Barry Jackson article

I spoke with Claude Jones at length a few days ago, and he echoed what a lot of former players were feeling as he told me that after the Pinstripe Bowl, he was done. I mean, he would still watch the games and maybe go to Hard Rock moving forward, but he was done with the shipRicht. And he went to Dallas for the LSU game, he still very much supports the program. But he was like a lot of us in how we felt about the state of the program

Now, he can't wait to go to spring practice and get all the behind-the-scenes access the former players do, and talk with Manny Diaz. He is super excited about the future

We both said in late November that UM was better off not playing in a bowl game because we knew how disastrous that would be. He and Quadtrine Hill said to me that the best part of last years home games was their section clapping along the cadence of our QB, lol. He said it was hilarious how predictable our offense was. And this guy was lucky enough to have Gary Stevens and Erickson offenses to play under

But yeah, that's why Im not holding back my enthusiasm for Diaz, because I know how I felt on Dec 27 through the morning of the 29th. Life is too short to be miserable all the time
Im enthusiastic about diaz, but mostly because he gives us reason to be, at least so far. Not yet on field, but in his program management, roster management, energy, urgency, passion, vision and drive. None of the last 4 clowns gave us that.

The thing that really burnt me up as a fan the past 17 years was what my eyes showed me. Your eyes showed you flailing amateur fail, and your heart wanted to believe. But lying to yourself sucks. You know you’re doing it.

Now, I can believe. Havent been able to say that with conviction in ages. Hopefully Manny produces on field when it counts.

Advertisement
It was definitely the worst I’ve ever seen. Had he not officially retired (after actually being retired for the past 6 years), our program would have gone into a full death spiral. Fake Jimmy would have let him completely destroy the program. Can you imagine the toxicity level going into this season?

Chise, this woulda been more toxic than Chernobyl or ***ushima, seriously. I couldn't even enjoy the college football playoffs that Saturday night because of the state of the U. I was done, I was telling my buddy ( who had gone to a lot of games with me in the past) that I wasn't going to any more games till Richt was gone. He couldn't believe it. But I was serious as a heart attack, I aint no Korean Fred Sanford.

Then that Sunday morning I wake up to like 15 texts, DM and other messages. It was the best Kwanza present I have ever recieved, the Richtirement

I mean, even after the 97 season, I wasn't nearly as down, I knew what Butch was going through. I had hope. With Richt, it was absolutely hopeless and for the first time that I could remember, I didnt care about signing day, spring ball, any of that stuff. I had never been as checked out as I was at that point after the Pinstripe Bowl

Now, I'm like that line from the Godfather - Im back in!!

And yeah, I'll be in Orlando (for whatever weekend it ends up)

Last edited:
Chise, this woulda been more toxic than Chernobyl or ***ushima, seriously. I couldn't even enjoy the college football playoffs that Saturday night because of the state of the U. I was done, I was telling my buddy ( who had gone to a lot of games with me in the past) that I wasn't going to any more games till Richt was gone. He couldn't believe it. But I was serious as a heart attack, I aint no Korean Fred Sanford.

Then that Sunday morning I wake up to like 15 texts, DM and other messages. It was the best Kwanza present I have ever recieved

I mean, even after the 97 season, I wasn't nearly as down, I knew what Butch was going through. I had hope. With Richt, it was absolutely hopeless and for the first time that I could remember, I didnt care about signing day, spring ball, any of that stuff. I had never been as checked out as I was at that point after the Pinstripe Bowl

Now, I'm like that line from the Godfather - Im back in!!

And yeah, I'll be in Orlando (for whatever weekend it ends up)
The thing about richt is that you had a gnawing feeling that he didnt really care. He might have upto the first wisconsin bowl game, but he lost it after that. He quit on the program, is what happened. And was befuddled also. Watching that, you know, and it sucks.

The thing about richt is that you had a gnawing feeling that he didnt really care. He might have upto the first wisconsin bowl game, but he lost it after that. He quit on the program, is what happened. And was befuddled also. Watching that, you know, and it sucks.

I was really hoping he had the fire in his belly to really complete his coaching legacy and really trying to add a title to his resume', but he was more shot than Ali vs Trevor Berbick by this point

I was really hoping he had the fire in his belly to really complete his coaching legacy and really trying to add a title to his resume', but he was more shot than Ali vs Trevor Berbick by this point
Sadly, he did complete his coaching legacy. He answered all the questions.

Advertisement
Why haven’t you realized how ***goty everyone thinks your HERD schtick is?
I had no idea and I am horrified to learn you and your other HERD members think my "schtick" is "***goty".

I will do anything to try to earn your and the HERD's respect because after all, you people are intellectual giants, you have the answers before the questions are even asked, you make everything you come into contact with better, you've never been wrong about...ANYTHING!

Please, you are a God and I beg of you to un-***goty me. Grant me the honor of being a member of the HERD by forgiving my past sins.

Thanking you in advance.

The pt you repeatedly seem to miss is that no one on this forum is attacking Richt for simply being a Christian-most of us could actually care less about that. The primary issue with PMR was that the relationship he had with his religion ultimately relegated him to being a neutered & impotent coach who cared very little about the primary objective of winning. Why else would he make such comments like "Rings collect dust"? Citing Dabo Swinney & Steph Curry as individuals who were Christian but also ended up winning championships, does not prove definitively that being a devout follower of a religion cannot adversely effect an individual's competitive will to win. If anything it proves that having faith in religion is an intimate & personal relationship, that can vary amongst individuals. In the case of PMR, religion severely affected his ability to do what was necessary, and give his team the best chance to win. Not the least of which was choosing to hire his incompetent son.

Finally just because PMR donated his own $ to the fund raising efforts of the IPF, and chose to retire instead of placing MIA into a financial bind, does not automatically qualify him as a great man. Seriously try to ask yourself if those gestures are truly magnanimous or driven by ulterior motives. Has there ever been a former alum HC at a major football program who ended up putting his university into a financial bind caused by a large contractual buyout? There is absolutely no precedent for this whatsoever. Donating to the IPF while also simultaneously making sure your incompetent son is employed by the university, at the very minimum diminishes the value of his "donation". It also actually exposes the facade of him being a self-righteous Christian pastor/HC, but that's a different discussion for another day.
You peck, peck, peck out sentence after sentence failingly trying to make a salient point and then almost immediately after you contradict the very point you were trying to make.

Yet, when you are not contradicting yourself you offer conspiratorial theories of a caliber that caused David Macbride to envision the straitjacket.

Let's convene a CSI summit that will conclude with us signing an agreement not to ever again communicate with one another.

You peck, peck, peck out sentence after sentence failingly trying to make a salient point and then almost immediately after you contradict the very point you were trying to make.

Yet, when you are not contradicting yourself you offer conspiratorial theories of a caliber that caused David Macbride to envision the straitjacket.

Let's convene a CSI summit that will conclude with us signing an agreement not to ever again communicate with one another.

Where did I contradict myself? Unlike you I've actually made numerous pts, if you think differently please try to answer some of the questions I've put forth. Do you think making baseless comments over & over again like you do on this forum makes your writing poignant & insightful? All it proves is that you're a coward, and you BELIEVE that you're much more intelligent than you actually are. As for the CIS summit agreement, why not just take it a step further, and prevent all communication between you & this forum? I doubt you possess the courage to actually perform polling on this matter.

Last edited:
Advertisement
Where did I contradict myself? Unlike you I've actually made numerous pts, if you think differently please try to answer some of the questions I've put forth. Do you think making baseless comments over & over again like you do on this forum makes your writing poignant & insightful? All it proves is that you're a coward, and you BELIEVE that you're much more intelligent than you actually are. As for the CIS summit agreement, why not just take it a step further, and prevent all communication between you & this forum? I doubt you possess the courage to actually perform polling on this matter.
Okay! I agree with everything you've written. Now let's honor the CIS summit agreement we've endorsed that clearly states we will no longer communicate.

So, you demand that religion and politics be kept out of the discussion, then you say, "This is the USA where people are free to choose". And I am confident you have no idea how funny that is...remarkable!
Aren't we here to discuss canes things or are we here to discuss religion and politics.besides you can argue those subjects 24\7 for a million years and it never ends peaceably so why being it up especially on sports forum

Aren't we here to discuss canes things or are we here to discuss religion and politics.besides you can argue those subjects 24\7 for a million years and it never ends peaceably so why being it up especially on sports forum
I didn't bring it up. One of the HERD members did when attacking Coach Richt. I responded to his hate and cowardice.

Advertisement
Richt gets way too much credit. You act like he did the U a favor by taking 4 mm / year to not even bother try hard. Didnt fill the roster. Didnt use all the bowl practices. Just retired and pretended to be an OC which he wasnt good at and didnt do the HC job.

He did not improve our local recruiting, either. If anything, he had one good cycle and several bad ones. Golden got 5* kids in Duke, Howard, Flowers, C. Thomas and high 4* kids in Bush, Coley, Burns, Grace, Walton, St. Louis.... He also gave us joe jackson, willis, the LB trio, M. Jackson, Jaquan, RJ.

Don’t get me wrong, Alfraud Gluten was a disaster. But the myth that Richt was a lot better is just that. He got paid more and gave a bit of the extra back for the IPF (tax deduct). Overrated.
its hard to fill the roster. with 25 limit after the depth/talent issues when he took over. look ill give u his offensive coaching was bad but he did some good things for Miami , Miami went from paying hc 1-2 mil to 4 they went from paying assistants like mac schools to actually competitive salaries , those things matter to this staff we just got. when he took over between transfers of guys who just weren't good to the fact were at like 70 scholorship players when took over it wasn't easy to get back to 85

That IPF was going to be built anyway. And not sure why you think the football coach was responsible for the master plan of the university, leading to new student dorms?

Oh and the BOT and admin decided to open up their wallets, not richt.
maybe I shouldn't bie credit for dorms but the ipf was 0 plan for one before richt. that had 0 momentum for one he is one convinced them to do it so lets not act like it was always gonna be built it wasn't.
as for opening wallet they opened it for him and he got them to open it for assistants. he negotiated a good assistant budget did the bots and stuff give him that yes but if had hired say a feunte or someone like that u think they get same budget **** no.

Advertisement
maybe I shouldn't bie credit for dorms but the ipf was 0 plan for one before richt. that had 0 momentum for one he is one convinced them to do it so lets not act like it was always gonna be built it wasn't.
as for opening wallet they opened it for him and he got them to open it for assistants. he negotiated a good assistant budget did the bots and stuff give him that yes but if had hired say a feunte or someone like that u think they get same budget **** no.

Not true. Even Richt admitted the IPF was going to be built before his arrival.

F... Richt!

its hard to fill the roster. with 25 limit after the depth/talent issues when he took over. look ill give u his offensive coaching was bad but he did some good things for Miami , Miami went from paying hc 1-2 mil to 4 they went from paying assistants like mac schools to actually competitive salaries , those things matter to this staff we just got. when he took over between transfers of guys who just weren't good to the fact were at like 70 scholorship players when took over it wasn't easy to get back to 85
Honestly, bull**** entirely. What a crock. It is NOT hard to fill the roster. That is so wrong it’s a lie.

Manny is showing you how you go about it. You look at transfers, jucos, everything. You have back up plans. Richt didnt come close to filling it in his 3 years and he refused to take full classes, barely took transfers and ignored jucos for the most part. Some basic EFFORT would have helped him come closer to filling the roster.

Richt doesn’t get ANY credit for Miami paying more, also. That’s absurd. He was the benficiary of that, not the cause.

Richt sucked and refused to do the job, is the truth. No matter what his apologists say.

The IPF plans were done before richt was hired.

The bot decided they were going to pay for a real coaching staff. We knew this before richt was even fired from uga.

Richt did give a $1m for the IPF, which was litttle more than paying the school back for his in-over-his-head son.

Richt did the right thing at the end. He didn’t do much right before the end.

Advertisement
Back