From Barry Jackson article

To have seen this program thru all those different eras is pretty incredible. I can’t imagine what that first championship must’ve felt like after watching the previous couple decades. The next one i think should feel even better.

You are very perceptive, because that night in the Orange Bowl, where the Canes took down what many believed to be an unbeatable Nebraska team, was an out of body experience. Prior to that night had anyone suggested the Canes would be National Champions they would have been immediately housed in a padded room and labeled so mentally disturbed there was no hope for a recovery.

It was a time when the game wasn't overly commercialized and the player's bled loyalty for one another, along with the school.

Granted, those old Canes teams did not have anywhere near the talent to compete for a National Title, but they were tough street fighters. And while they were not regularly on the winning side, almost every team came out of a game with those Cats bruised and battered, and filled with respect, which is why I fell in love with Miami Football.

And you are correct, the next National Championship, and there will be another National Championship, will be even better.

Go Canes!

Advertisement
You may be on the spectrum - of both autistic and estupido. A savant you are not. But keep flailing. It’s befitting of your Ruprecht shtick.
It is clear my words are hitting you hard and due to their factual nature getting under your pony ring saddle. Simply pointing out that you lied has sent you into a tizzy, which should be a learning lesson for you...DON'T LIE!

You are very perceptive, because that night in the Orange Bowl, where the Canes took down what many believed to be an unbeatable Nebraska team, was an out of body experience. Prior to that night had anyone suggested the Canes would be National Champions they would have been immediately housed in a padded room and labeled so mentally disturbed there was no hope for a recovery.

It was a time when the game wasn't overly commercialized and the player's bled loyalty for one another, along with the school.

Granted, those old Canes teams did not have anywhere near the talent to compete for a National Title, but they were tough street fighters. And while they were not regularly on the winning side, almost every team came out of a game with those Cats bruised and battered, and filled with respect, which is why I fell in love with Miami Football.

And you are correct, the next National Championship, and there will be another National Championship, will be even better.

Go Canes!
My first memory of football was that night vs Nebraska. I was 9, and fell in love. I remember getting the Ft Lauderdale news /Sun sentinel the next day, and read and reread all the articles about the canes.. I did the same everyday thereafter.

So growing up I only knew Miami as a juggernaut. The team that couldn’t be beat. The team that all others were judged against, and afraid of. And it was... impowering.

They will get back there again. Of that I have no doubt.

My first memory of football was that night vs Nebraska. I was 9, and fell in love. I remember getting the Ft Lauderdale news /Sun sentinel the next day, and read and reread all the articles about the canes.. I did the same everyday thereafter.

So growing up I only knew Miami as a juggernaut. The team that couldn’t be beat. The team that all others were judged against, and afraid of. And it was... impowering.

They will get back there again. Of that I have no doubt.
That is an incredibly special first memory of football. And the immediate memories thereafter
My first memory of football was that night vs Nebraska. I was 9 and fell in love. I remember getting the Ft Lauderdale News /Sun-Sentinel the next day and read and reread all the articles about the canes...I did the same every day thereafter.

So growing up I only knew Miami as a juggernaut. The team that couldn’t be beaten. The team that all others were judged against, and afraid of. And it was... empowering.

They will get back there again. Of that, I have no doubt.
That is an incredibly special first memory of football. And your subsequent memories and actions are inspiring.

Hopefully, in the not too distant future, there will be another 9-year old whose first memory of football is the Canes winning another National Championship.

Taking literary license; 'It's a Canes thing, those who aren't Canes won't understand!'

Last edited:
Advertisement

Go Canes!
I was a high school senior sitting on that part of the sideline where Nebraska went for 2. Exhilarating out of body experience is right.

Lmao at being so **** bent on winning an argument on the internet. Writing short stories in this thread.

Get a **** life.

I mostly agree. But to say JT4 and Brevin were average means you didnt watch games or you are being lazy.
Them boys were top notch.

Those two are far above average. FACT

It took some extremely poor quality QB play to hold them down to only performing at an average level.

Advertisement
It sounds unbelievable but I fell like this happened too. I was actually impressed with how Richt handled the offense in 2017. yes, it was mediocre and they were terrible on third downs but the fact that he managed to hide Malik Rosier for as long as he did is worth noting. Rosier was by far the most limited starter we've had at UM in my lifetime. (I know other bums like Kirby Freeman started an occasional game but Rosier started over 20 games at UM) I mean the offense was watered down and limited in 2017 but nowhere near as predictable as it got in 2018. It's like Richt just said "***** it" we're running these 5 plays and I don't care whether or not we win. I don't know if the job got to him or what but it was like the switch just got shut off for Mark Richt and he just sleep walked through 2018.

THIS & THIS. Richt basically got talked into taking the job. It was like a rebound marriage but his heart just wasn’t in it.

That is an incredibly special first memory of football. And the immediate memories thereafter

That is an incredibly special first memory of football. And your subsequent memories and actions are inspiring.

Hopefully, in the not too distant future, there will be another 9-year old whose first memory of football is the Canes winning another National Championship.

Taking literary license; 'It's a Canes thing, those who aren't Canes won't understand!'

Actually... I’m hoping in the very near future, it’ll be a 4 year old whose first memory of football will be a Miami hurricanes championship. He and I just got matching new UM hats.. so we’re ready!

Advertisement
Back