From Barry Jackson article

If all that you vomited up about me is true then I have a question for you; why do you insist on chasing me around and commenting on my posts? Based on your description of me, only a drooling moron would troll my comments. Yet, there you are! This after I politely requested that you no longer respond to or comment on anything I post. Yet again, there you are!

You read my comments and then respond with posts that would put one in a self-induced coma, similar to one who had ingested a fist full of Adderall, Ritalin, and Concerta washed down with a quart of Tequila. You are from the school of; 'What I can say with one sentence will grow into a script for a 3-hour bad movie'. For some psychotic reason, you believe a period at the end of a sentence signals you to write another sentence, and another, and another...

When you author a note to convince someone of a point you are attempting to establish it is important that going forward you accompany your blatherings with the warning: “May cause the reader to commit suicide."
TL;DR

Advertisement
I disagree with all of what you wrote. His recruiting was better in some ways than Shannon’s, and worse in other ways. It certainly wasn’t particularly good. (Nor was Shannon’s.) His evals were on average better but still in many instances were so awful you had to wonder if he was delusional. Larry Hope? Brandon Loftus? Danny Dillard? D’Mauri Jones? Vernon Davis? Gray Crow? These were guys who all the Hs watchers and camp watches said WTF and NFW. He won some local kids before the word was fully out that we weren’t serious as a program. Won few other battles. Preferred to go head to head with cincinatti and kentucky than major programs. As for his offenses, meh. Compared to Richt, Shannon was an offensive genius also. Golden wasn’t good in the red zone, wasn’t good at second half adjustments, and played meh ball. Fall behind and pass isn’t offensive genius. And better than Richt doesn’t mean you aren’t still a bowel movement offensively.

As for assistants, IMO you are massively overrating him. His staff wasn’t good. He had one young guy with potential in Fisch and he bolted early, probably because he saw what you aren’t seeing, which is that Golden wasn’t good for his career. What else were you excited about? Kehoe? Swasey? Franklin? Williams? Coley as OC? Shannon had Pannunzio and Stoutland, both of whom found homes with Saban. Robinson was a solid coach. He added Bill Young for a year. Randy had his problems but Golden’s staph was not a clear step up. Not sure it wasn’t a step down.
You are only looking at the negative and the end result, which I agree. I'm looking at what could have been, he recruited the 2012 class with people wondering if Miami would even have a program going forward. That class included numerous blue Chip and future NFL players. Duke, Tracy, Deon, Lewis, Linder, McDermott, Mqcord and more. The following class had Mohammed, Coley, Elder, Grace and more.
As far as his initial staff, most had promotions including NFL ....Fisch, Richardson, McDonald, Barrow, Franklin and Kehoe and been involved in every championship we had, no reason to think he was a bad hire at the time. Nearly every player from the '16 and '17 roster was Golden's, including the defense that was immediately turned around. His offenses were much better than Rorcht's now imagine '16 and '17 with Diaz and Golden's first few classes and staff. Ultimately his refusal to fire his bff and change his defensive scheme was his undoing but the potential for things to have gone much differently is there.

You are only looking at the negative and the end result, which I agree. I'm looking at what could have been, he recruited the 2012 class with people wondering if Miami would even have a program going forward. That class included numerous blue Chip and future NFL players. Duke, Tracy, Deon, Lewis, Linder, McDermott, Mqcord and more. The following class had Mohammed, Coley, Elder, Grace and more.
As far as his initial staff, most had promotions including NFL ....Fisch, Richardson, McDonald, Barrow, Franklin and Kehoe and been involved in every championship we had, no reason to think he was a bad hire at the time. Nearly every player from the '16 and '17 roster was Golden's, including the defense that was immediately turned around. His offenses were much better than Rorcht's now imagine '16 and '17 with Diaz and Golden's first few classes and staff. Ultimately his refusal to fire his bff and change his defensive scheme was his undoing but the potential for things to have gone much differently is there.
I couldnt disagree more. Golden was a disaster. A complete and total disaster. As for your comment, you’re projecting. You say so yourself in the bolded. You can engage with fantasy if you want. I think it’s irrelevant to what we’re discussing.

Kehoe was a known disaster beofre Golden brought him back, btw. The idea that there was ‘no reason to think he was a bad hire at the time’ is laughable. Maybe you weren’t a fan back then or on these boards, but plenty of people disliked the hire, for substantially the reasons it didnt work out. Barrow was a holdover, no credit to Gluten. Franklin stunk. So he’s now an assistant dl coach in the nfl. Whatever at that. McDomald is at Nc State. Again, that’s what you got in praise of Gluten. His big buddy failed in Houston also, and hard and fast.

Golden was not a good coach and there is zero reason to think he would be, could be or should have been. He pulled in a few local blue chippers and legacy kids before local kids concluded our program was truly toast. Great. Beyond that he did little. Even mentioning McCord seems weird. Good prospect from Tampa who didnt pan out. Whatever. Elder had to beg in, btw. The one thing he did well, ironically, was evaluate LBs - but that was his buddy doing the evals. We took some giuys who couldnt stay in school, but overall dorito found some good lbs. better than diaz has done so far, for sure.

People love al golden because he was tall and white as far as I can tell. Because but for that, he botched the program, didnt understand the local community, amd was trying to gtfo of town from the day he got here. Makes no sense for folks to sing the but ifs with him.

I couldnt disagree more. Golden was a disaster. A complete and total disaster. As for your comment, you’re projecting. You say so yourself in the bolded. You can engage with fantasy if you want. I think it’s irrelevant to what we’re discussing.

Kehoe was a known disaster beofre Golden brought him back, btw. The idea that there was ‘no reason to think he was a bad hire at the time’ is laughable. Maybe you weren’t a fan back then or on these boards, but plenty of people disliked the hire, for substantially the reasons it didnt work out. Barrow was a holdover, no credit to Gluten. Franklin stunk. So he’s now an assistant dl coach in the nfl. Whatever at that. McDomald is at Nc State. Again, that’s what you got in praise of Gluten. His big buddy failed in Houston also, and hard and fast.

Golden was not a good coach and there is zero reason to think he would be, could be or should have been. He pulled in a few local blue chippers and legacy kids before local kids concluded our program was truly toast. Great. Beyond that he did little. Even mentioning McCord seems weird. Good prospect from Tampa who didnt pan out. Whatever. Elder had to beg in, btw. The one thing he did well, ironically, was evaluate LBs - but that was his buddy doing the evals. We took some giuys who couldnt stay in school, but overall dorito found some good lbs. better than diaz has done so far, for sure.

People love al golden because he was tall and white as far as I can tell. Because but for that, he botched the program, didnt understand the local community, amd was trying to gtfo of town from the day he got here. Makes no sense for folks to sing the but ifs with him.
Of course I'm projecting but everything I said is true. I don't remember Kehoe much before and I wasn't on the boards ( I think he got fired in '06 to save Coker) along with others. Most people were happy or at least content on this board. U left out many of the hires that were initially promoted higher than they are now. He gets credit for keeping Barrow and Franklin I'm pretty sure was the DL coach for the Raiders not assistant. I'm referring to initial recruiting and staff with a defensive scheme like we have now and things would have been a lot different. If you don't agree with that then I respect your opinion but it has nothing to do with the guy being white ..... LOL.
Again, it all is moot because in the end he failed.

Advertisement
It sounds unbelievable but I fell like this happened too. I was actually impressed with how Richt handled the offense in 2017. yes, it was mediocre and they were terrible on third downs but the fact that he managed to hide Malik Rosier for as long as he did is worth noting. Rosier was by far the most limited starter we've had at UM in my lifetime. (I know other bums like Kirby Freeman started an occasional game but Rosier started over 20 games at UM) I mean the offense was watered down and limited in 2017 but nowhere near as predictable as it got in 2018. It's like Richt just said "***** it" we're running these 5 plays and I don't care whether or not we win. I don't know if the job got to him or what but it was like the switch just got shut off for Mark Richt and he just sleep walked through 2018.
Remember all the talk of how he was losing weight and getting in shape when he took over? Look at him at the end. He put weight back on and really was just phoning it in. It's like the Pitt game in 2017 just broke him.

Of course I'm projecting but everything I said is true. I don't remember Kehoe much before and I wasn't on the boards ( I think he got fired in '06 to save Coker) along with others. Most people were happy or at least content on this board. U left out many of the hires that were initially promoted higher than they are now. He gets credit for keeping Barrow and Franklin I'm pretty sure was the DL coach for the Raiders not assistant. I'm referring to initial recruiting and staff with a defensive scheme like we have now and things would have been a lot different. If you don't agree with that then I respect your opinion but it has nothing to do with the guy being white ..... LOL.
Again, it all is moot because in the end he failed.
There is no reason to think Golden would have been great but for anything. And his staff was not terrific. Franklin, to your point, got a DL job in the nfl after Golden got fired, and two years later is asst. dl coach at a different team. Definitely not a rock star.

We used to have assistants headed for head coaching jobs elsewhere. Butch had at various points and in different capacities Pagano, Schiano, Cristobal, Shannon, Chud, Coker, Curtis Johnson, not to mention tommy moffitt.

The IPF plans were done before richt was hired.

The bot decided they were going to pay for a real coaching staff. We knew this before richt was even fired from uga.

Richt did give a $1m for the IPF, which was litttle more than paying the school back for his in-over-his-head son.

Richt did the right thing at the end. He didn’t do much right before the end.
that's just not true. the ipf wasn't planned or paid for before richt. stop saying that. the carol soffer money didn't get donated till after richt was hired the 1st 1 mil donated to ipf was from richt. after that they still had to raise rest of money and did so but it took time . the ipf was not paid for before hired richt

There is no reason to think Golden would have been great but for anything. And his staff was not terrific. Franklin, to your point, got a DL job in the nfl after Golden got fired, and two years later is asst. dl coach at a different team. Definitely not a rock star.

We used to have assistants headed for head coaching jobs elsewhere. Butch had at various points and in different capacities Pagano, Schiano, Cristobal, Shannon, Chud, Coker, Curtis Johnson, not to mention tommy moffitt.
Agreed, I'm a big Butch fan and there were a lot of comparisons to him with Folden, except defensive philosophy and that was his undoing. Both were defensive coaches and both had degrees in sports psychology. Both also camd into a cloud of sanctions. Golden recruited very well under cloud, which was very serious at first and lasted over 2 years. His staff ended up being coveted at higher positions/levels, regardless of where they are now. No one is better than Butch at evaluating, recruiting and developing but under the right scheme, I think Golden would have been a lot more successful. Fact remains he didn't and I'm going to stop with this, as I definitely am not a Golden fan but I think he came under harsh circumstances and his scheme just wasn't the right fit here.

Advertisement
that's just not true. the ipf wasn't planned or paid for before richt. stop saying that. the carol soffer money didn't get donated till after richt was hired the 1st 1 mil donated to ipf was from richt. after that they still had to raise rest of money and did so but it took time . the ipf was not paid for before hired richt
Who said paid for? I said the plans were drawn.

Btw UM raised billions before richt and will raise billions after him. You gonna give richt credit for water being wet, too? Might as well.

Dude Did the right thing at the end, but he wasn’t a good coach here.

It never fails to make me laugh when someone feels they have to inform the author of a post or some other communication; "Too long; didn't read." or the acronym "Tl;dr"

A generation has come along that when presented with something to read that is longer than a sentence or two they will not read it or are not capable of reading and comprehending. They believe their opinions are so important, so valuable; it compels them to inform the author they didn't read a particular post or communication; assuming this news will be shattering to said, author.

The "Did not read, too long" confession is also known as a lack of intellectual curiosity. Also, when an adult reads "Tl;dr" the takeaway is "Too lazy, did not read."

It never fails to make me laugh when someone feels they have to inform the author of a post or some other communication; "Too long; didn't read." or the acronym "Tl;dr"

A generation has come along that when presented with something to read that is longer than a sentence or two they will not read it or are not capable of reading and comprehending. They believe their opinions are so important, so valuable; it compels them to inform the author they didn't read a particular post or communication; assuming this news will be shattering to said, author.

The "Did not read, too long" confession is also known as a lack of intellectual curiosity. Also, when an adult reads "Tl;dr" the takeaway is "Too lazy, did not read."
Tl; dr

Who said paid for? I said the plans were drawn.

Btw UM raised billions before richt and will raise billions after him. You gonna give richt credit for water being wet, too? Might as well.

Dude Did the right thing at the end, but he wasn’t a good coach here.
Hello, 1mg of Epi,

After the first ten thousand times, you posted your maniacal, unshakeable belief that Mark Richt was not a good coach you must believe it will require another ten thousand of the same posts be glued onto this board before others will join you in attacking the retired Coach Richt.

Wishing you good luck on your crusade hoping it will make your life better, along with the lives of your family members.

When you are done with Richt I suspect you will next go after Charlie Tate and Fran Curci...you may be a wee bit early in going after Manny.

Advertisement
Hello, 1mg of Epi,

After the first ten thousand times, you posted your maniacal, unshakeable belief that Mark Richt was not a good coach you must believe it will require another ten thousand of the same posts be glued onto this board before others will join you in attacking the retired Coach Richt.

Wishing you good luck on your crusade hoping it will make your life better, along with the lives of your family members.

When you are done with Richt I suspect you will next go after Charlie Tate and Fran Curci...you may be a wee bit early in going after Manny.
OK.. I’ll bite.... hopefully you’re capable of an actual discussion or debate and not just verbose trolls.....

so I’m legitimately curious how you judge his tenure, And By what standard are you measuring Richts performance? Are you just looking at individual games (a bowl win), and the teams Performance for part of one season (climbing the rankings in 2017), and just ignoring the other 2 years? Are you looking at a IPF and giving him full credit for it? Are you looking at a $1m donation and ignoring the nepotism that made his son a good living? He did some good things here, and did the right thing at the end, but These items are not what a coach should be judged on.

The standard I will judge a coach by is simple: beat the teams who you out-talent. Richt couldn’t do that. I am not one of the nut jobs who thinks he had the talent to compete for a ship, but he did have the talent to beat UNC, PIT, Duke, VT, UVA and all the other teams that beat him en route to 3, four game losing streaks in 3 seasons season. He lost to a outgunned ND team, he lost to a poor FSU team as well.

He had something like 15. losses to P5 teams in 3 years. That’s not successful coaching when you play in the coastal.

His offense was a joke...He didn’t game-plan (as per his QB) was unable to develop his QB talent, and played to his tendencies to such a degree that opposing Ds literally knew the play pre snap.

He left a recruit class in shambles, with holes
All over the roster.

He’s a good man, probably one of the better human beings in CFB today, but in terms of the job he was paid for here... winning football games, he wasn’t good.

Oh yea one more thing... if discussion about a recently departed Coach is out of bounds for you, maybe find a board where a football team isn’t the topic of discussion.

Last edited:
Advertisement
OK.. I’ll bite.... hopefully you’re capable of an actual discussion or debate and not just verbose trolls.....

so I’m legitimately curious how you judge his tenure, And By what standard are you measuring Richts performance? Are you just looking at individual games (a bowl win), and the teams Performance for part of one season (climbing the rankings in 2017), and just ignoring the other 2 years? Are you looking at a IPF and giving him full credit for it? Are you looking at a $1m donation and ignoring the nepotism that made his son a good living? He did some good things here, and did the right thing at the end, but These items are not what a coach should be judged on.

The standard I will judge a coach by is simple: beat the teams who you out-talent. Richt couldn’t do that. I am not one of the nut jobs who thinks he had the talent to compete for a ship, but he did have the talent to beat UNC, PIT, Duke, VT, UVA and all the other teams that beat him en route to 3, four game losing streaks in 3 seasons season. He lost to a outgunned ND team, he lost to a poor FSU team as well.

He had something like 15. losses to P5 teams in 3 years. That’s not successful coaching when you play in the coastal.

His offense was a joke...He didn’t game-plan (as per his QB) was unable to develop his QB talent, and played to his tendencies to such a degree that opposing Ds literally knew the play pre snap.

He left a recruit class in shambles, with holes
All over the roster.

He’s a good man, probably one of the better human beings in CFB today, but in terms of the job he was paid for here... winning football games, he wasn’t good.

Oh yea one more thing... if discussion about a recently departed Coach is out of bounds for you, maybe find a board where a football team isn’t the topic of discussion.
Troll? Mirror, meet 1mg of Ep...

You HERD members must always have something UM football to ***** about. Mark Richt is now in the rearview mirror, but due to Manny getting off to a fast start you need something UM football to hate so you revert back to Mark Richt.

Of course, your kind are laying in the tall grass hoping and praying Manny stumbles then you can rev up the HERD hate machine and start attacking him and his family. By the way that is not a prediction, that comment is made with 100% certainty.

Mark Richt walked away from millions upon millions of dollars that he could have easily pocketed, which would have made the hiring of quality coaches a near impossibility. Coach Richt knew precisely what he was doing and should be celebrated, yet, people like you insist on attacking him.

Mark Richt accomplished things on the football field that had not happened in the world of UM football in close to 15 brutal years. Anyone that would even try to suggest Mark Richt was not a great football coach is either clueless, a liar or both.

But forget what he accomplished on the field, forget that he was/is a class act and added badly needed credibility to a crumbling UM football program that had been torn to shreds by the HERD, the NCAA, media and college football in general. He is the man who spearheaded the Indoor Practice Facility (IPF) and remarkably donated one million after tax dollars of his own money that allowed him to show other donors that he put his money where his mouth is.

Without Mark Richt the IPF would not have become a reality and that comes from people that were very close to that situation. The IPF is one of the most significant positive developments in UM football history. The IPF not only insures that practices will happen no matter the weather (except category 1 and up hurricanes), but puts a major tool in the Canes recruiting tool box.

Mark Richt was a Godsend for the Canes and his efforts will continue to produce positive results for decades.

You realize you’re the most negative person on the board right?
One thing you'll never be able to honestly say...momma didn't raise a fool. What is hilarious is you interpret someone pushing back on hate as them being negative. What a sleigh ride it must be to live in your delusional world.

Advertisement
Back