From Barry Jackson article

Twin_Cane

Legend
(Quote from NFL exceutive about the Canes last year)

"They have poor to marginal quarterback play, average running backs and receivers, poor offensive line. Nowhere on offense were they above average. Not nearly as athletic as they been have in the past. Their speed has really [diminished]. I’ve never seen quarterback play worse at that program. There’s something wrong with their evaluation of offensive linemen. "

Advertisement
See I don’t think the RB’s nor the WR’s were utilized in the fashion they should’ve been to highlight and showcase their talents. I get the dig on the OL and QB positions. Oh well I hope Manny posts this up where all can see and read it, so that it can serve as a reminder and motivation for the entire team.

Advertisement
(Quote from NFL exceutive about the Canes last year)

"They have poor to marginal quarterback play, average running backs and receivers, poor offensive line. Nowhere on offense were they above average. Not nearly as athletic as they been have in the past. Their speed has really [diminished]. I’ve never seen quarterback play worse at that program. There’s something wrong with their evaluation of offensive linemen. "

the Richt effect

i don't agree about the RBs and this guy doesn't mention the TE position at all. but richt def leaned towards taller and less athletic WRs.
On an offense that was ranked in the 90s, nobody on offense really stood out and deserved to be called above average besides JT4 . Sure there were flashes but not enough to call someone a great player

Like others said I suspect all of a sudden guys will start looking a lot more talented in an offense that uses those talents correctly

Advertisement

Last edited:
Advertisement
Advertisement
Watch how they all magically become more skilled this year.

Agreed...but to a point.

The best mechanic can only get so much hp out of a 4 cylinder engine.

With that said, EVERYTHING on O starts with the OL.

IF OL play can somehow improve ( I've been the skeptic who says the athletes just aten't there), then yes, all other O positions metrics will improve along with them with no actual gain in their skill sets.

Now, if the new O staff can magically teach and inspire gains across the O? Watch out Coastal in 2019 and Clemson is going to hear footsteps in 2020.

Go Canes.

Heck, look what coaching did for my rams.

2016 Jeff Fisher-one of the lowest ranking offenses ever

2017-Sean McVay- with only a couple changes on offense, mostly scheme, #1 offense in the league.

Coaching changes everything

Do you think the athletes were already on the roster or was it the right staff who helped unlock their performance gains?

Advertisement
Back