From Barry Jackson article

One thing you'll never be able to honestly say...momma didn't raise a fool. What is hilarious is you interpret someone pushing back on hate as them being negative. What a sleigh ride it must be to live in your delusional world.

You still don't think the hate was warranted under Richt, which is hilarious. Everyones positive af right now and you keep trying to push this nonexistent HERD shtick because ending it would mean you getting off your high horse.

Advertisement
You still don't think the hate was warranted under Richt, which is hilarious. Everyones positive af right now and you keep trying to push this nonexistent HERD shtick because ending it would mean you getting off your high horse.
Hate was warranted under Richt? Did you play the Scarecrow in the Wizard of Oz? And you are right...I did not think your hate aimed at Coach Richt was warranted during his tenure. Oh wait! I guess my comments concerning your admitted hate are negative.

Hate was warranted under Richt? Did you play the Scarecrow in the Wizard of Oz? And you are right...I did not think your hate aimed at Coach Richt was warranted during his tenure. Oh wait! I guess my comments concerning your admitted hate are negative.

I want Miami to win. I think Richt couldn't do that, so i wanted him gone. Call that hate, call it whatever you want. I want wins. You want everyone to be positive. Stop littering this board with your attempted reprimands of people that want to win more than be positive. And please, don't make a fool of yourself by insinuating negative comments on this board kept Richt from winning here. I know you're just dying to bust that out on your keyboard.

I want Miami to win. I think Richt couldn't do that, so i wanted him gone. Call that hate, call it whatever you want. I want wins. You want everyone to be positive. Stop littering this board with your attempted reprimands of people that want to win more than be positive. And please, don't make a fool of yourself by insinuating negative comments on this board kept Richt from winning here. I know you're just dying to bust that out on your keyboard.
After reading your first two sentences I thought we were making headway, then you continued...

Just like you, I wasn't happy about last year. But even during the 10 straight wins during the 2017 season, the HERD was busy tearing down every facet of the program. Should you be of the mind to deny this then I direct you to the archived 2017 game day threads, which are simply unbelievable nonsense, hysteria, refried bullshyt, and hate.

Day and night for over a decade HERD members have been polluting Canes football message boards with their never-ending hate about EVERYTHING UM football. They start a thread based on some negative that each ensuing poster who adds to the hate is desperate to receive accolades which require to up the hate ante. Then the fake rumors, news, and outright lies are fed into the discussion and from there it only gets worse.

I've witnessed this in businesses where what use to be called the watercooler crowd gathers together and complain about everything under the sun and also compose stories to fit a narrative they are whining about and selling to others. Yet, when you sit them down and walk them through the company P&L statement you are met with a blank stare and sheepish admission they had no idea what they were talking about.

How I wish Coach Richt would have invited some of the CIS football "experts" to discuss UM football and the decisions that were made. I promise you the CIS responses/comments would have ranged from; huh, duh, whaaa, hmmm to the repeated whimper, I didn't know that. The old adage, "Ignorance is bliss" should be the battle cry of the CIS Message Board.

I believe that Manny Diaz is fully aware of the damage message board yahoos have done to the UM football program, which may partly explain his Trump-like social media approach, thus bypassing the haters and going straight to UM's true fanbase.

After reading your first two sentences I thought we were making headway, then you continued...

Just like you, I wasn't happy about last year. But even during the 10 straight wins during the 2017 season, the HERD was busy tearing down every facet of the program. Should you be of the mind to deny this then I direct you to the archived 2017 game day threads, which are simply unbelievable nonsense, hysteria, refried bullshyt, and hate.

Day and night for over a decade HERD members have been polluting Canes football message boards with their never-ending hate about EVERYTHING UM football. They start a thread based on some negative that each ensuing poster who adds to the hate is desperate to receive accolades which require to up the hate ante. Then the fake rumors, news, and outright lies are fed into the discussion and from there it only gets worse.

I've witnessed this in businesses where what use to be called the watercooler crowd gathers together and complain about everything under the sun and also compose stories to fit a narrative they are whining about and selling to others. Yet, when you sit them down and walk them through the company P&L statement you are met with a blank stare and sheepish admission they had no idea what they were talking about.

How I wish Coach Richt would have invited some of the CIS football "experts" to discuss UM football and the decisions that were made. I promise you the CIS responses/comments would have ranged from; huh, duh, whaaa, hmmm to the repeated whimper, I didn't know that. The old adage, "Ignorance is bliss" should be the battle cry of the CIS Message Board.

I believe that Manny Diaz is fully aware of the damage message board yahoos have done to the UM football program, which may partly explain his Trump-like social media approach, thus bypassing the haters and going straight to UM's true fanbase.

So predictable.

CIS tore down another potentially successful coaching staff.

Advertisement
So predictable.

CIS tore down another potentially successful coaching staff.
It never ceases to amaze me at the lack of reading comprehension most HERD members possess, thus I am not the least bit surprised that you apparently read my post and came away believing what you posted.

Troll? Mirror, meet 1mg of Ep...

You HERD members must always have something UM football to * about. Mark Richt is now in the rearview mirror, but due to Manny getting off to a fast start you need something UM football to hate so you revert back to Mark Richt.

Of course, your kind are laying in the tall grass hoping and praying Manny stumbles then you can rev up the HERD hate machine and start attacking him and his family. By the way that is not a prediction, that comment is made with 100% certainty.

Mark Richt walked away from millions upon millions of dollars that he could have easily pocketed, which would have made the hiring of quality coaches a near impossibility. Coach Richt knew precisely what he was doing and should be celebrated, yet, people like you insist on attacking him.

Mark Richt accomplished things on the football field that had not happened in the world of UM football in close to 15 brutal years. Anyone that would even try to suggest Mark Richt was not a great football coach is either clueless, a liar or both.

But forget what he accomplished on the field, forget that he was/is a class act and added badly needed credibility to a crumbling UM football program that had been torn to shreds by the HERD, the NCAA, media and college football in general. He is the man who spearheaded the Indoor Practice Facility (IPF) and remarkably donated one million after tax dollars of his own money that allowed him to show other donors that he put his money where his mouth is.

Without Mark Richt the IPF would not have become a reality and that comes from people that were very close to that situation. The IPF is one of the most significant positive developments in UM football history. The IPF not only insures that practices will happen no matter the weather (except category 1 and up hurricanes), but puts a major tool in the Canes recruiting tool box.

Mark Richt was a Godsend for the Canes and his efforts will continue to produce positive results for decades.
Earny.. I’m having a hard time deciding if you’re serious or not. I mean, much of what u said is absurd, and I know you’re not a dumb man... so this has to be a troll. On the other hand, you sure did put some time into writing that post, too much effort for an absurd troll job. So I guess I’ll assume it’s sincere.

Since my morning adderall is kicking in, I think I’ll address a couple of your points..... in even more verbose fashion than you!

Mark Richt is the last person to coach a game here, and considering this is a hurricanes board, it’s perfectly appropriate to discuss his tenure. You can’t discuss the state of a program without addressing the decisions of the head man.

I would give my left arm if it meant Manny brings this program back to dominance. If he does, I will celebrate his name and build a temple in which we can sing his praises. Just like I would’ve for richt or al or randy. If he fails, and this team remains a mid to lower tier ACC program, I will criticize him where appropriate. To suggest that a coach of a program like Miami shouldn’t be criticized, if deserved, is asinine.

Mark Richt won a bowl game. Is that his significant major accomplishment that hadn’t been done in 15 years? So, he’s a great coach for going 1-2 in bowl games because golden and Shannon, two horrible head coaches, failed to win a bowl? You have to be trolling here. I hope you’re trolling.

Mark Richt donated $1m. Not sure why you called it an after tax donation, when It was a tax deductible donation. But whatever. But yea, I agree with you. What a classy thing to do. Thank you coach richt!!! He also did something incredible when he retired and left money on the table. Kudos to him. Of course, This is evidence of richt being a generous man, but in no way speaks to his coaching ability.

The IPF plans were drawn prior to Mark Richt coming to Miami. This was something already in the works, not sure why you want to give him full credit for it. Blake James says hello.

As far as the IPF being the most significant developments in the history of the program.... cmon man. I’m all for hyperbole, but that’s ridiculous. Sure it’s important for recruiting and practice time, but it’s just a standard in today’s game. It surely didn’t help the one season it was live.

Bottom line is you’ve conflated non coaching activities with coaching. Even if given ful credit for the above, which isn’t warranted, that doesn’t speak to his abilities to scheme, gameplan or coach.... What we saw on the field for most of three seasons is pretty damning. As was the state of recruiting and roster management.

Richt wasn’t a good coach here. He was a good man, not a good coach.

Last edited:
When things go bad on the field, the

I’m having a hard time deciding if you’re serious. You’re

im having a hard time figuring out if you’re being serious or not.

Earny.. I’m having a hard time deciding if you’re serious or not. I mean, much of what u said is absurd, and I know you’re not a dumb man... so this has to be a troll. On the other hand, you sure did put some time into writing that post, too much effort for an absurd troll job. So I guess I’ll assume it’s sincere.

Since my morning adderall is kicking in, I think I’ll address a couple of your points..... in even more verbose fashion than you!

Mark Richt is the last person to coach a game here, and considering this is a hurricanes board, it’s perfectly appropriate to discuss his tenure. You can’t discuss the state of a program without addressing the decisions of the head man.

I would give my left arm if it meant Manny brings this program back to dominance. If he does, I will celebrate his name and build a temple in which we can sing his praises. Just like I would’ve for richt or al or randy. If he fails, and this team remains a mid to lower tier ACC program, I will criticize him where appropriate. To suggest that a coach of a program like Miami shouldn’t be criticized, if deserved, is asinine.

Mark Richt won a bowl game. Is that his significant major accomplishment that hadn’t been done in 15 years? So, he’s a great coach for going 1-2 in bowl games because golden and Shannon, two horrible head coaches, failed to win a bowl? You have to be trolling here. I hope you’re trolling.

Mark Richt donated $1m. Not sure why you called it an after tax donation, when It was a tax deductible donation. But whatever. But yea, I agree with you. What a classy thing to do. Thank you coach richt!!! He also did something incredible when he retired and left money on the table. Kudos to him. Of course, This is evidence of richt being a generous man, but in no way speaks to his coaching ability.

The IPF plans were drawn prior to Mark Richt coming to Miami. This was something already in the works, not sure why you want to give him full credit for it. Blake James says hello.

As far as the IPF being the most significant developments in the history of the program.... cmon man. I’m all for hyperbole, but that’s ridiculous. Sure it’s important for recruiting and practice time, but it’s just a standard in today’s game. It surely didn’t help the one season it was live.

Bottom line is you’ve conflated non coaching activities with coaching. Even if given ful credit for the above, which isn’t warranted, that doesn’t speak to his abilities to scheme, gameplan or coach.... What we saw on the field for most of three seasons is pretty damning.

Nailed it. Nothing else needs to be said about him anymore, everyone from here on needs to refer to this post.

Advertisement
And we all know it to be true... except for 3 guys who hopefully are trolling.
Yeah, he was a great man and did good things for the program. The problem is that he really wanted to retire and it showed. He was tired and hunger passed, he was a very good coach. Unfortunately when he got to Miami, the good things off the field, wouldn't sustain on it.

Yeah, he was a great man and did good things for the program. The problem is that he really wanted to retire and it showed. He was tired and hunger passed, he was a very good coach. Unfortunately when he got to Miami, the good things off the field, wouldn't sustain on it.
It’s a shame too, if he was able to give up the OC position, he might’ve made waves here.

(Quote from NFL exceutive about the Canes last year)

"They have poor to marginal quarterback play, average running backs and receivers, poor offensive line. Nowhere on offense were they above average. Not nearly as athletic as they been have in the past. Their speed has really [diminished]. I’ve never seen quarterback play worse at that program. There’s something wrong with their evaluation of offensive linemen. "
I think it’s development of OL, not poor evaluation.

Everyone wanted navaughn Donaldson and a couple others.

Bottom line is you’ve conflated non coaching activities with coaching. Even if given ful credit for the above, which isn’t warranted, that doesn’t speak to his abilities to scheme, gameplan or coach.... What we saw on the field for most of three seasons is pretty damning. As was the state of recruiting and roster management.

There's no reason or upside for me to invest time in knocking down each one of your comments as you clearly feel better about yourself when criticizing others, in this instance, Mark Richt (and me). Next year it will be Manny Diaz, along with other coaches and countless players.

What I will say about your post is once again, as the HERD specializes in, you either outright lied about my comments or took them out of context and twisted them into a narrative that helps support your hate. As only one example you said: "As far as the IPF being the most significant developments in the history of the program.... cmon man. I’m all for hyperbole, but that’s ridiculous. Sure it’s important for recruiting and practice time, but it’s just a standard in today’s game." Of course, I never said it was "THE most significant development in the history of the program". I said it was ONE of the most significant developments in the history of the program". The lies and distortions continue throughout your rant.

My love of college football, especially UM football started during the Andy Gustafson era. One of the many things I learned during the early UM years was being a realist was a necessity. Jumping forward, if Lou Saban had not turned the program around UM football would have been abolished. The point being, when looking at UM's overall football history the lean years greatly outnumber the abundant years. Yet, I've enjoyed every minute of it. I will never understand those (the HERD) who live to find negatives concerning the "U's" athletic endeavors.

If I had the hate for something, especially something as wildly imperfect and unpredictable as college football, as you have for Canes football I would do anything in my power to ensure I wasn't subjected to it in any form.

Finally, despite this response, I believe you may very well be a nice guy.

Advertisement
There's no reason or upside for me to invest time in knocking down each one of your comments as you clearly feel better about yourself when criticizing others, in this instance, Mark Richt (and me). Next year it will be Manny Diaz, along with other coaches and countless players.

What I will say about your post is once again, as the HERD specializes in, you either outright lied about my comments or took them out of context and twisted them into a narrative that helps support your hate. As only one example you said: "As far as the IPF being the most significant developments in the history of the program.... cmon man. I’m all for hyperbole, but that’s ridiculous. Sure it’s important for recruiting and practice time, but it’s just a standard in today’s game." Of course, I never said it was "THE most significant development in the history of the program". I said it was ONE of the most significant developments in the history of the program". The lies and distortions continue throughout your rant.

My love of college football, especially UM football started during the Andy Gustafson era. One of the many things I learned during the early UM years was being a realist was a necessity. Jumping forward, if Lou Saban had not turned the program around UM football would have been abolished. The point being, when looking at UM's overall football history the lean years greatly outnumber the abundant years. Yet, I've enjoyed every minute of it. I will never understand those (the HERD) who live to find negatives concerning the "U's" athletic endeavors.

If I had the hate for something, especially something as wildly imperfect and unpredictable as college football, as you have for Canes football I would do anything in my power to ensure I wasn't subjected to it in any form.

Finally, despite this response, I believe you may very well be a nice guy.
Did you become a fan while Gustafson was still coaching?

Wait a minute...just a post or so ago you claimed you didn't read my comment, yet now you are responding. You must be clairvoyant.
To the contrary, the post I responded to was a different — and shorter! — post than the one I didn’t read.

You are clearly a childish imbecile in love with the attention you garner for sticking a fork in your own eye.

Advertisement
To the contrary, the post I responded to was a different — and shorter! — post than the one I didn’t read.

You are clearly a childish imbecile in love with the attention you garner for sticking a fork in your own eye.
Now you are angry at me because I pointed out a lie you posted. In the world of childish, the claim "I did not read" is in the running for the 'Infant and Clueless of the Year award'.

By the way, it is bad enough when one posts a lie, only made considerably worse when the liar denies his/her actions when the proof is irrefutable. In this case, you denied and lied...twice! Oh yeah, you are not a very good liar!

Yes, thus the admission I am prehistoric.

To have seen this program thru all those different eras is pretty incredible. I can’t imagine what that first championship must’ve felt like after watching the previous couple decades. The next one i think should feel even better.

wait wait wait

did i just read that the message board people made UM lose and damaged the program? Whats happened to the last 15 years?

Now you are angry at me because I pointed out a lie you posted. In the world of childish, the claim "I did not read" is in the running for the 'Infant and Clueless of the Year award'.

By the way, it is bad enough when one posts a lie, only made considerably worse when the liar denies his/her actions when the proof is irrefutable. In this case, you denied and lied...twice! Oh yeah, you are not a very good liar!
You may be on the spectrum - of both autistic and estupido. A savant you are not. But keep flailing. It’s befitting of your Ruprecht shtick.

Advertisement
Back