From Barry Jackson article

My point is that our talent is good enough to beat our schedule, which it hasn’t done in a decade... which is coaching.

So if we wanna beat the elite with the coaches we’ve had, we literally need an nfl team. A decent one too.
Your point is so obvious I’m not sure what to say. OF COURSE our coaching has sucked. That is not controvertible. Who in the world disagrees?

My point in response - and I have been saying this for 17 years now - is that our shiity coaching has also led to ****** roster management, ****** recruiting and ****** plenty of other things.

Too many people, perhaps including you, have bumbled around over the past two decades trying to insist that our talent wasn’t an issue. It has been, at least relative to what we expect the program to achieve. But yes, it has been plenty good enough to win more than we have. That’s basically the definition of bad coaching - we underperform our talent level. And for sure we have had bad coaching.

But make no mistake. If we want to be nationally relevant again - not just win the coastal - we need better everything, and that includes recruiting, evaluations, roster management, S&C, development, schemes, game planning, play calling, motivation, all of it.

Advertisement
Yeah, sure you would...LOL!!!! Well, big boy, the floor is yours, starting with Muhammad Ali, educate us all with a detailed list of all those you claim are "shxt **** Muslim freaks?"
I would but a head is a terrible thing to lose.

I would but a head is a terrible thing to lose.
Once again, you make my point.

You are a brave hombre when attacking Christians knowing there most likely won't be any consequences. But, when it comes to belittling those who are followers of the Islam faith you Cats leave a yellow pee stain trail when one suggests you apply your hate to them. I don't even want to know your views of those who follow the laws and tenets of Judaism.

Once again, more hate. Attacking a good man due to his religious beliefs perfectly demonstrates the caliber of person you are.

Question; if Coach Richt was a follower of the religion of Islam would that also make him a "shxt **** religious freak?"
Earnest T Bags boyfriend is nicknamed Shxt ****

Advertisement

You are a brave hombre when attacking Christians knowing there most likely won't be any consequences. But, when it comes to belittling those who are followers of the Islam faith you Cats leave a yellow pee stain trail when one suggests you apply your hate to them. I don't even want to know your views of those who follow the laws and tenets of Judaism.
giphy.gif

I see Ernest t bass and a few others are having a lovers quarrel over religion. NEED TO KEEP POLITICS AND RELIGION OUT OF THE DISCUSSION.THIS IS THE U.S.A. WHERE PEOPLE ARE FREE TO CHOOSE .talk sports pm the other ****.

Advertisement
I see Ernest t bass and a few others are having a lovers quarrel over religion. NEED TO KEEP POLITICS AND RELIGION OUT OF THE DISCUSSION.THIS IS THE U.S.A. WHERE PEOPLE ARE FREE TO CHOOSE .talk sports pm the other ****.
So, you demand that religion and politics be kept out of the discussion, then you say, "This is the USA where people are free to choose". And I am confident you have no idea how funny that is...remarkable!

The pt you repeatedly seem to miss is that no one on this forum is attacking Richt for simply being a Christian-most of us could actually care less about that. The primary issue with PMR was that the relationship he had with his religion ultimately relegated him to being a neutered & impotent coach who cared very little about the primary objective of winning. Why else would he make such comments like "Rings collect dust"? Citing Dabo Swinney & Steph Curry as individuals who were Christian but also ended up winning championships, does not prove definitively that being a devout follower of a religion cannot adversely effect an individual's competitive will to win. If anything it proves that having faith in religion is an intimate & personal relationship, that can vary amongst individuals. In the case of PMR, religion severely affected his ability to do what was necessary, and give his team the best chance to win. Not the least of which was choosing to hire his incompetent son.

Finally just because PMR donated his own $ to the fund raising efforts of the IPF, and chose to retire instead of placing MIA into a financial bind, does not automatically qualify him as a great man. Seriously try to ask yourself if those gestures are truly magnanimous or driven by ulterior motives. Has there ever been a former alum HC at a major football program who ended up putting his university into a financial bind caused by a large contractual buyout? There is absolutely no precedent for this whatsoever. Donating to the IPF while also simultaneously making sure your incompetent son is employed by the university, at the very minimum diminishes the value of his "donation". It also actually exposes the facade of him being a self-righteous Christian pastor/HC, but that's a different discussion for another day.

We alll were witnesses to that in one year with the defense from Oh’No trash *** to Manny in year 1. They never learn...some of us are still living & learning right? These dudes just out here living..

Whats interesting and factual, is that as DMoney has pointed out, the majority of the 2013 defense (which was awful at the end of that season) spent some time in the NFL. And during the Richt era, the same guys that looked like busts and washouts with the D coordinator that shall not be named, well, many of them thrived and are now earning paychecks on Sundays.

So yeah, coaching kinda matters -- a lot, at times

Advertisement
The pt you repeatedly seem to miss is that no one on this forum is attacking Richt for simply being a Christian-most of us could actually care less about that. The primary issue with PMR was that the relationship he had with his religion ultimately relegated him to being a neutered & impotent coach who cared very little about the primary objective of winning. Why else would he make such comments like "Rings collect dust"? Citing Dabo Swinney & Steph Curry as individuals who were Christian but also ended up winning championships, does not prove definitively that being a devout follower of a religion cannot adversely effect an individual's competitive will to win. If anything it proves that having faith in religion is an intimate & personal relationship, that can vary amongst individuals. In the case of PMR, religion severely affected his ability to do what was necessary, and give his team the best chance to win. Not the least of which was choosing to hire his incompetent son.

Finally just because PMR donated his own $ to the fund raising efforts of the IPF, and chose to retire instead of placing MIA into a financial bind, does not automatically qualify him as a great man. Seriously try to ask yourself if those gestures are truly magnanimous or driven by ulterior motives. Has there ever been a former alum HC at a major football program who ended up putting his university into a financial bind caused by a large contractual buyout? There is absolutely no precedent for this whatsoever. Donating to the IPF while also simultaneously making sure your incompetent son is employed by the university, at the very minimum diminishes the value of his "donation". It also actually exposes the facade of him being a self-righteous Christian pastor/HC, but that's a different discussion for another day.

This has to be the most idiotic, self serving string of stupidity and contradictory sentences I've ever read in my entire life.

A steaming, fly covered, elephant sized, pile of drivel and pseudo psychological shiit if there's ever been one.

You know nothing, and that's being incredibly generous, about Richt's faith, motivation, reasoning, desire, relationships or thought processes..

STFU before you further embarrass yourself, if that's even possible at this point.

Last edited:
This has to be the most idiotically self serving string of stupidity and contradictory sentences I've ever read in my entire life.

A steaming, fly covered, elephant sized, pile of drivel and pseudo psychological shiit if there's ever been one.

You know nothing, and that's being incredibly generous, about Richt's faith, motivation, reasoning, desire, relationships or thought processes..

STFU before you further embarrass yourself, if that's even possible at this point.

Do you think it appears that way because you struggle with reading comprehension? Also..resorting to ad-hominem attacks, while not being able to seriously address a single thing that I've written, doesn't make you intelligent or tough. On the contrary it only makes you appear more neutered & impotent than the very person you are attempting to defend. Unfortunately for you every thing I've written is factual & accurate. You're just not in touch with reality, because deep down a part of you wishes that you could take the place of PMR's wife: so that instead of figuratively sucking on his nut-sack, you could do it literally.

Do you think it appears that way because you struggle with reading comprehension? Also..resorting to ad-hominem attacks, while not being able to seriously address a single thing that I've written, doesn't make you intelligent or tough. On the contrary it only makes you appear more neutered & impotent than the very person you are attempting to defend. Unfortunately for you every thing I've written is factual & accurate. You're just not in touch with reality, because deep down a part of you wishes that you could take the place of PMR's wife: so that instead of figuratively sucking on his nut-sack, you could do it literally.
ucc

Your thought processes and writing show your age. As does your immediate turn to teen boy homo-erotic insults.

You literally don't know anything about anything. Especially the mindset and reasoning of a person twice your age who regardless of on field success or failure has an unimpeachable character and a 30 year record of helping build young men into great adults.

You are a child and continue to embarrass yourself.

Advertisement
Pathetic that this has devolved to religiosity finger pointing.

MR’s archaic offense has zero to do with his religious faith, so let’s just leave that out of it.

For a guy that in his day to day discharging of his coaching duties said very little at all regarding his faith, a lot of people sure want to keep bringing it up. Why?

He certainly was not the coaching equivalent of Tim Tebow, grandstanding to bring attention to himself by using religion. As a coach, he kept it pretty in check

He and his offensive staff failed in implementing an effective offense that was successful for todays’s game, and this offense was responsible for virtually all our losses. His failure was for a myriad of reasons, faith was not one of them.

Pathetic that this has devolved to religiosity finger pointing.

MR’s archaic offense has zero to do with his religious faith, so let’s just leave that out of it.

For a guy that in his day to day discharging of his coaching duties said very little at all regarding his faith, a lot of people sure want to keep bringing it up. Why?

He certainly was not the coaching equivalent of Tim Tebow, grandstanding to bring attention to himself by using religion. As a coach, he kept it pretty in check

He and his offensive staff failed in implementing an effective offense that was successful for todays’s game, and this offense was responsible for virtually all our losses. His failure was for a myriad of reasons, faith was not one of them.

Do you really think his faith had zero to do with his conservative nature, and his inability to adapt/adjust, by being entrenched in his ways? It absolutely influenced & informed every single aspect of his coaching philosophy.

Do you really think his faith had zero to do with his conservative nature, and his inability to adapt/adjust, by being entrenched in his ways? It absolutely influenced & informed every single aspect of his coaching philosophy.

It’s the other way around.

I’m really not interested in a religious discussion, but I’ll answer this.

I’ll say this last thing, a specific faith doesn’t make you do anything. That’s just dumb . People are who they are, and they gravitate to faith because of who they are or how they were brought up. It’s not the other way around.

And whatever motivated Rick to be archaic and have a crappy offense, it wasn’t because he was specifically a Christian or any other religion. So just cut the shlt out.

You are using his failure as a reason to attack his faith. It’s kind of pathetic. Plenty of examples of coaches that are extremely successful and who were way more overt. Dabo anyone?

And like I said before, feel free to find evidence to dispute this, but day to day he was focused on his shltty offense and coaching. I saw very little faith-based grandstanding.

You need to ask your self why you keep hammering on this issue.

Advertisement
Back