From Barry Jackson article

Advertisement
Whoever the scout is, he needs to STHU, and worry about his more than likely non-playoff nfl team. Alot of our o-line play these last few years had more to do with coach searels not assesing the best playing weight for guys to play at as well as gus. Our o-line guys need to be in better shape, which is why if donaldson stays healthy, he'll have a better year, the best thing that happened to him was moving to tackle, cause he concentrated on getting into better shape, which gave him better feet when he moved back to guard, helped him pull better. Probably our last best in shape o-line across the board was in 2014 when we had flowers, nick linder at guard (which was his best position), mcdermont at center, isadora and feliciano, and who was the o-line coach, art kehoe doing work with some of coach shannon's best recruits.
Dude you spent the last year telling us how coaching wasn’t the problem, talent was.

Pick a side.

You keep trying to make it an either/or scenario. I keep telling you, it’s not one or the other, but both. We KNOW the coaching has sucked. So we KNOW the talent should appear better with better coaching. Not sure why we have to keep reaffirming that. That doesn’t mean our talent has not also been down from prior levels. We should all know that, too. Why is this controversial? Also, you know better than to even write what you did. I have never said we were devoid of talent. You are being melodramatic here.

I happen to be maybe as optimistic as you about where we are going. But one reason is manny is taking us in a different direction. I have zero compunction about acknowledging that where we were under the prior four imbeciles was nowhere good enough.
You’re comparing our talent to Bama. Everybody else is comparing it to the Corstal.

You’re comparing our talent to Bama. Everybody else is comparing it to the Corstal.
Wrong. Someone else associated with the site chose to start a thread that contrasted our talent to Alabama’s. I just responded in the thread

You have never heard me contend that we shouldnt be cleaning up in the coastal. But cleaning up in the coastal isnt what this program is about. We are supposed to be more capable than that. So it does matter whether our talent is good enough to compete at a higher level than the coastal.

Advertisement
Wrong. Someone else associated with the site chose to start a thread that contrasted our talent to Alabama’s. I just responded in the thread

You have never heard me contend that we shouldnt be cleaning up in the coastal. But cleaning up in the coastal isnt what this program is about. We are supposed to be more capable than that. So it does matter whether our talent is good enough to compete at a higher level than the coastal.

So then you are suggesting our program doesn’t have the talent to win a ship ie u are comparing our talent to Bama!clemson, while the rest of the board is comparing it to the coastal.

So then you are suggesting our program doesn’t have the talent to win a ship ie u are comparing our talent to Bama!clemson, while the rest of the board is comparing it to the coastal.
What is your point?

You think our talent and recruiting have been flawless?

Advertisement
Struggled against speed rushers, but I will cut him some slack as a true freshman. I think Scaife has first team all-conference potential as a guard. I'd like to see what Campbell brings to the table and maybe push Scaife inside. Playing Jones and Mahoney as much as Searles did was absurd. Funny thing is going into last season I was reading where they were not overly happy with right tackle play. Who started there in 2017? St. Louis. Glad Searles is at North Carolina. Our sack totals against them will go up this year.

They barely recruited tackles for some reason. Kept recruiting circles when they needed triangles. They got one 4 or 5 star tackle during the Searels reign, so even when they did, it wasn’t high end. And we know 2019 OL recruiting was a disaster. Two of Campbell, Hillery, and Herbert have to pop because there isn’t much else.

If we can get someone, anyone, to play LT, I think our OL can at least be serviceable, barring injury. That's a **** of a lot of ifs and caveats, but I think there is at least some starting talent on the OL - Scaife, Donaldson, Reed, Gaynor...

Four interior linemen.

Interior OL has plenty of talent. Zero P5 tackles here as of now.

Right..still blaming players when the coaching & execution were atrocious.
Same old dance. These dummies don’t realize that there can be a huge disparity between performance and ability based on coaching and leadership.

They see poor performance and automatically think poor ability even after the bum coach gets run out of town on a rail.

Advertisement
I'm just happy that the team is coached by a savage and not by some shxt **** jesus freak.
Once again, more hate. Attacking a good man due to his religious beliefs perfectly demonstrates the caliber of person you are.

Question; if Coach Richt was a follower of the religion of Islam would that also make him a "shxt **** religious freak?"

Advertisement
What is your point?

You think our talent and recruiting have been flawless?
My point is that our talent is good enough to beat our schedule, which it hasn’t done in a decade... which is coaching.

So if we wanna beat the elite with the coaches we’ve had, we literally need an nfl team. A decent one too.

Same old dance. These dummies don’t realize that there can be a huge disparity between performance and ability based on coaching and leadership.

They see poor performance and automatically think poor ability even after the bum coach gets run out of town on a rail.

We alll were witnesses to that in one year with the defense from Oh’No trash *** to Manny in year 1. They never learn...some of us are still living & learning right? These dudes just out here living..

And that’s an insult to average people. He got too full of himself here and started causing rifts with his guys instead of leading.

It was a **** mess wasn’t it. Alienating kids, playing favorites & continuing to start guys that dropped balls weekly.

Even his rotations was a mess.

It’s like every WR get worse under him after their freshman season. Kids payed better with their high school coaching than with his.

Advertisement
Back