Freshman Friday Welcomes Lorenzo Lingard

Didn’t uga at one point have Gurley, Marshall, Michel, and Chubb on the same roster? Or did Gurley leave before that? Our group is legit but that’s 3 5 ⭐️ backs, a guy that had 100 yards in bout 8 straight games, and 2 were 1st rounders. Our guys are legit for sure but idk bout the most impressive.

I like ours better

Advertisement
Duke wouldn’t have been the clear #1 among this current rb group unless he was already a Senior

True but also bc the talent between our current group and that UGa backfield is equal at worst
You sir, are indeed a crazy cane. Which one of our guys do you compare to Gurley? Don’t have me on here looking like a hater but come on man. Be realistic. Dude was DOMINANT by that point. We’ve got really good potential in our backfield but it’s ridiculous to crown them the most physically impressive. Equal at worst? I’m all Cane but anybody not being completely bias can see that this group is not “equal at worst” to those guys.

Advertisement
True but also bc the talent between our current group and that UGa backfield is equal at worst
Lol, we have great talent at running but let these guys produce something outside of homer. I dont Think you realize but gurley, michel and chubb were very productive backs

The Greatest Backfield ever was Miami 2001 - Portis/Gore/McGahee/Davenport/Payton. That's 5 NFL players who've combined for 34,000 yds rushing in the NFL. No other backfield is close to that, and that'll never be topped.

I think Lamar Miller is a better comparison for Lingard than Duke. Duke was an instant stud. Miller redshirted, then only had 646 yds rushing the next year.

So be patient with Lingard. The talent is there, but it doesn't always happen right away. I expect Homer & Dallas to get a large majority of the carries this year, and Lingard will really come on next year.

Advertisement
And that is the bad part about the guys who played during the "Dark Ages" era between 2006-2016. They will be forgotten about because it was just a really bad and embarassing decade of UM football. Guys like Duke Johnson, Sean Spence, Leonard Hankerson, etc who had great careers here will more or less be diminished as we get better as a program.

Got guys on here already saying Lo will be better then Duke! Let the man get his first carry first before we start getting carried away.

You are Krazy. Duke was an absolute monster.

Duke was an absolute monster?? Who are we comparing him to? Yes he is a great UM all time running back but he had some limitations. He was better than Lamar Miller but I think Travis Homer, DJ Dallas, and Lorenzo Lingard have more potential.

Advertisement
Duke was an absolute monster?? Who are we comparing him to? Yes he is a great UM all time running back but he had some limitations. He was better than Lamar Miller but I think Travis Homer, DJ Dallas, and Lorenzo Lingard have more potential.
His limitations was called “Al Golden”.....

This is ridiculous. They are two entirely different types of players. Golden/Coley should have used Duke like Percy Harvin, but failed to exploit his talents in almost every way. Ran him up the middle multiple time in a row to break his ankle against FSU when the kid is an absolute freak in space.

Lo is much more your classic power RB. He's going to be a great back for us. He's going to win games for us. But please stop with the Duke comparisons.

This is ridiculous. They are two entirely different types of players. Golden/Coley should have used Duke like Percy Harvin, but failed to exploit his talents in almost every way. Ran him up the middle multiple time in a row to break his ankle against FSU when the kid is an absolute freak in space.

Lo is much more your classic power RB. He's going to be a great back for us. He's going to win games for us. But please stop with the Duke comparisons.
Duke Johnson was Marshal Faulk reincarnated, yet we didn’t use him properly.

Lo has the potential to fit more into an Eric ****erson mold.

Advertisement
Best part about him is there’s no pressure to produce right away. He’s a freak but he needs some work and he will have plenty of time to mature especially if Burns produces

Lingard comes in at a perfect time, he wont be counted on to be a starter or do heavy-duty work like Duke did. But I think he'll be great in late game situations vs fatigued defenses, where he can just hit creases and go. I do think he might not be a back with great 'wiggle' but neither was a Darren McFadden at this level(who is the guy LL reminds me of physically)

I agree with the thought of using Burns and Lingard late in the 4th to completely wear out and down defenses. One of the other will pop one for sure to the house because both have the speed to get outside and down field in a hurry. I like the many options we’ll have on display for this year RB wise, and it’s going to allow us the flexibility to change up rushing personnel to fit the better game plan that game for a W. It’s just going to be hard on defenses having to continue to deal with fresh legs throughout the course of a game.

Advertisement
Back